1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

It's like building a castle of cards.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Aiyoshi, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Aiyoshi

Aiyoshi Fapstronaut

One day a man decided to build a castle of cards, one that could reach the sky.
    He worked on it everyday, people passed by and looked at his work.
    Some called him foolish for doing such thing, but he cared more about his wish than what others said.

The beginning was easy, the cards where pilled on top of each other perfectly, not even the greatest storm could disrupt it.
    But one day, he ran out of cards. 53 decks where stacked on top of each other, where did the 54 go?
    - This is the limit. - the man said to himself with a calm voice. - All I can do now is to make it fall.

The man started to remove the carefully placed cards and after an hour the castle finally fell, making a loud sound with it.
    The man cried.
    All that time spent building it, day and night, through sunny days and raining days.

Admired with his work, he remembered that the sky is the limit, picked all the cards and started to rebuild it. Now knowing that he can make a bigger and better than the previous one.

2. Shin Iu

Shin Iu Fapstronaut

See you again @Aiyoshi, I am glad that you are more confident to post here, which is the exact path everyone walked through, same as relapse. Time is slow, but progress is there. Fact would not be changed that you are becoming bit more confident.
    symptom 12.png symptom 25.png

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2017
    Aiyoshi likes this.
  3. Aiyoshi

Aiyoshi Fapstronaut

The thought that I'm becoming more confident never even crossed my mind.
    Thanks for showing it to me. It's great having you around with this capability of chearing people up.:D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2017
    Shin Iu likes this.
  4. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

Good story. Thanks.

Aiyoshi likes this.
  5. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Sorry to hear about the relapse, man.

6. Aiyoshi

Aiyoshi Fapstronaut

It's fine. It is something I already got used to. It always teaches something.

Deadlihood likes this.
  7. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Yes sir.

8. I like this metaphor a lot! I'm gonna think about this whenever i have the urge to relapse or give up, i don't want my tower of cards to fall because of one slip up

Aiyoshi likes this.
  9. I Free I

I Free I Guest

Nice ! The motto is : Never Give Up

jaytranada and Aiyoshi like this.