1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

It's shameful to be virgin in nowdays?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by blunt.ever, Jan 6, 2020.

1. blunt.ever

blunt.ever Fapstronaut

Hi all, I recognize that I'm virgin only on this comunity. In realness, I avoid to say this thing because I'm feeling shameful and also I'm very stressed. Better, I would be say this and would be was easier. As soon I understood that in our lifes it's important to feel us good, no to give impresion to others people. What's your opinion?

Booksandtrees likes this.
  2. CodeTalker

CodeTalker Fapstronaut

It’s not shameful, that’s my opinion.

Ethan4477 and Azzure like this.
  3. Koloz

Koloz Fapstronaut

4. the answer is if you are older then 23 and still a virgin then yes

5. Metis07

Metis07 Fapstronaut

It’s shameful to put sex on first place in your life, don’t be stressed and don’t follow today’s society (majority) opinoin, have your own.

7. Kligor

Kligor Fapstronaut

For me that is not shameful,society have weird standards if you don't complete them then you are weird(Majority opinion from my surrounding).

Ethan4477 and Azzure like this.
  8. Being a virgin is an honorable and virtuous thing. Virginity is a prized possession. If you value remaining a virgin until you get married or you find the person who you want to gift your body and soul to then you stick to your values. The world around will will have you lower your standards and give in to the pressure of the crowds voice. Don't. Being a virgin is NEVER something to be ashamed of.

There are many positive benefits to being a virgin.

Ethan4477 and Booksandtrees like this.
  9. So being a 40 year old virgin is okay?

10. Sure! Who says it's not ok to be a virgin at 40+ and by what authority?
    I know many people (probably more females than males) that are over 50 and still virgins. Who am I to say to them that it's not ok that they are virgins?
    I don't know them and their circumstances. I say it's absolutely fine that someone is a virgin at any age.

Having said that, I know many of these females would gladly marry 'Mr Right' and have children. Unfortunately, many have gone beyond childbearing years. And I feel for them, and think it's sad that they were not able to enjoy a sexual relationship with someone they loved through no fault necessarily of their own. As well, I'm thinking of a male friend I knew (he's since deceased) who died a virgin. He was never really interested in dating women, and he wasn't gay. So he died a 60 something year old virgin.

As well, I believe in an afterlife and that there are 'blessings' awaiting a faithful, modest, virtuous person who didn't have the chance to enjoy a sexual relationship, or get married in this life. God is good.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  11. I don't think if you choose to be a virgin is wrong (celibacy) or the people who want to be virgins until marriage
    but the thing is that majority of people don't make that choice they are just too afraid to go and look for a relationship and then try to blame it on other things.

12. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

It is only modern society, its wicked principles and miserable people (i.e. followers) that have made it up into being a shameful thing. The principles that traditionally were seen as normal and healthy are now abnormal and toxic and vice versa and we can all see how badly it has affected almost everyone of us since no one (except some hermits and monks perhaps) has gone through the modern world unscathed.
    Being a virgin or one having very little experience (I consider myself belonging to this category) is in fact no more weird or shameful than not knowing how to swim, ride a bicycle or having ever put your foot on a boat (as all of these are skills anyone can acquire). It is just yourself and your thinking that makes it so. Some people just tend to have little and some have plenty of experience depending on the circumstances that shaped and molded their subconscious mind.

The beautiful thing about life and the law of attraction is that your sexual history has absolutely no impact on what you can attract into (or repel from) your own life. The moment you start to feel self-love, acceptance and stop stressing about that petty label and let go, magic will start unfolding in your life and you will attract the people and circumstances you desire.
    Have a look at Dalai Lama for example. He is one of the most powerful, charismatic and magnetic people alive on the planet right now and he has actually been living in celibate his entire life. He doesn't seem to be the least disturbed by this fact (despite what most modern people would think) but continues with his mission, goals and purposes to serve others like it was his last day.

13. Dalai Lama decided to be a virgin a lot of the guys here are involuntary virgins that's where the problem is.And he is not the most powerful people on the planet if he was tibet wouldn't be part of china.

14. CodeTalker

CodeTalker Fapstronaut

So what, if a guy is still virgin at 40, tried for year and never worked out, he should be ashamed ? And what ? Kill himself maybe ?
    That’s because of people reasoning like you that many young people see prostitue to loose their virginity. To get rid of the non existent shame and replace it by a real one. being virgin isn’t shameful. Loosing your virginity to a prostitute should be.

Booksandtrees, Abzu and maurice40 like this.
  15. There is no such thing as tried you either do it or not.I am not suggesting that they should kill them selves but they shouldn't feel proud if they are a 40 year old and still a virgin there is usually a reason for that.

16. red gyarados

red gyarados Fapstronaut

Yeah it’s not hard to be a virgin, all you have to do is give up

muhagg likes this.
  17. Don't give a shit about that bro, being virgin or not isn't important. Fucking a girl won't change your life you know. Work on your goals and improve yourself, women are just bonus. And nowadays, the thing that matters the most is looks so if you are ugly or average-looking, good luck to you my friend.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2020
  18. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

As a matter of fact, the vast majority of people out there (+90% at least) don't give that many f***s about whether a guy is virgin or not, not even if he is it by choice or not. Most people don't put any value or judgment whatsoever on a guy they find out is a virgin (contrary to popular belief). Average Joe would probably care about and judge more a guy who hasn't traveled on a plane in his entire life.
    It is only the person himself who makes it up (in his mind, brain and subconscious programming) to be something bad, shameful and inferior. It is mostly the negative internal self-talk and self-sabotage that makes them feel bad about themselves, not the fact that they are virgins.
    Also, I can assure you that none of those guys' underlying issues, shortcomings and insecurities would magically disappear if they got laid (and lost their virginity) today. In order to grow, improve and expand your consciousness as a human, you got to do some internal work on yourself and the physical/material world will be a reflection of that, not the other way around.

Any label that you hear becomes exactly what you want it to be and shouldn't hinder or preventing you from achieving some great and worthwhile goals and purposes in life. Because when you give away much of your power and self-worth to a silly label, you will stagnate in life and feel helpless as there will be much harder and tougher things coming your way than petty labels. If many of the big inventors, entrepeneurs and authors out there would have cared too much about their virgin/celibacy label/status, they would have never proceeded onto creating those great things they did.
    Also, the people who are throwing those out aren't worth your attention anyway since they are usually the most weak, insecure, scared, jealous, envious, ignorant, and imbalanced ones out there, otherwise they wouldn't feel the need to call people names and deride them.
    If I would have grained, complained, grieved and pitied myself all day long over all labels people have thrown at me over the years, I would have stagnated and gotten nowhere a long time ago.

Dalai Lama is definitely one of the spiritually most powerful and influential people on the planet. The Chinese leaders might be more powerful in a material/physical and absolute sense but everything in life cannot be measured in absolute and material/physical terms but you have to take other aspects into consideration as well.
    Although the Chinese leaders might have more physical/material influence on the world stage than DL, they definitely don't possess his spiritual richness, abundance and influence.

Booksandtrees and Poetic fool like this.
  19. What are you talking about he was born into that position and he is not that influential.He is as influential as Greta Thurnberg

20. blunt.ever

blunt.ever Fapstronaut

I like that sentence "work on your goals and improve yoursel, women are just bonus" Big Up!