1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Jagliana's Journal | An S.O's perspective

Discussion in 'Significant Other Journals' started by Jagliana, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

Yeah, that does sound a lot more helpful and a sane way of doing it. A nutritionist who does it all for free??? where did you score someone like that lol!

aricking likes this.
  2. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 928: 08/12/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:
    • My husband has been honest with me.
    • Daily talk with my husband.
    • Worked on Self-Care as defined here.
    • Currently Reading: Various
    • Current Daily Podcast: "7 Good Minutes"
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Dailies | Self-Care Completed:
    Self-care is not an indulgence. Self-care is a discipline.
    Morning routine / Verbalized my feelings
    Journal / Daily talk with hubby / Regulated my sleep.

Tony Robbins List of Basic Human Needs | Text explanation here / Sound.
    1. Certainty 2. Uncertainty/Variety 3. Significance 4. Connection/Love 5. Growth and 6. Contribution.

3 Things I am Grateful for Today:
    1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, he was stuck at work and got home late. I thought we would have at least some time together, but he wasted a lot of time 'writing' something short. He says he wasn't distracted, but it does not take anyone THAT long, I'm not even comparing to myself. Anyway, then it was off to work again for him and bed for me.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How Being Consistent Virtually Guarantees You Success", in this episode, we have an inspiring message on how being consistent in your daily actions and progress virtually guarantees you success. Remember, receiving is evidence that you've given consistently.

This morning, we listened to "Neuroscientist Explains How Your Brain Is Affected by Fear, Isolation & Anxiety" an interview with Moriel Zelikowsky, on Impact Theory with Tom Bilyeu. Neuroscientist Moriel Zelikowsky studies the neural mechanisms underlying stress, fear, and social behavior. Here she discusses her own research into how extreme social isolation affects mice and humans. She talks about what drew her to the science of emotions, why fear is adaptive and presents some surprising reasons to question the general advice that PTSD sufferers should join support groups. During this interview, we heard them discuss, what drew her to the science of emotions, how she right now is working on social isolation and how it affects the brain, violence happens often after social isolation in mice, fear becomes much more persistent after isolation, social isolation hijacks systems that normally produce positive results, for mice, two weeks of social isolation is long enough to cause severe consequences, to what degree does social media mitigate or exacerbate social isolation, the most recent research on fear and where it’s located in the brain, she explains why fear is adaptive and helpful, how general anxiety disorder builds on itself, the most common therapy for PTSD is some form of exposure therapy and she describes an experiment on PTSD with truly surprising results.

When we got home, WW3 ensued, by the time I got out of the shower, my mom was telling me that I need to calm everyone down and have Wade reverse his punishment because it was too harsh over nothing, etc. I didn't even know what was going on, anyway I told my mom that I am sure if he is punishing her, it is because this is something he has already warned her about before. Then she kept pressing me, so I finally got down to it - tonight is when they watch a dumb show together, so she does not want to miss it and now if my eldest doesn't sleepover, they'll have to miss it and wait till the next day. So, I called her out on it and said 'stop enabling her bad behavior, just because you want to watch a dumb tv show'. She caught an attitude with me, saying how I have been "extra" with our eldest too and blah blah blah. I told her that HER behavior actually condones that behavior and okay's it, then SHE is the one bitching to us about her attitude and other bullshit, so I told her to just stop. Then there was more when our eldest wanted to go out in her PJ's and I forced" her to actually get dressed, all while my mom kept chiming in with "oh it's okay, it's hot, leave her be" and again I cut her off and said "STOP, I don't want her getting used to going out and being sloppy, it is not okay. There is no excuse for it, it takes all but 2 minutes to change". Then she is like "yeah, you're right" to me, she changes her position depending on who she is talking with, typical people pleaser, but turned up to level 300. JESUS. What a morning, my head is pounding from all of the noise, it is too much.

I can not wait to go to the pool, it's a weekday, so hopefully no triggers and hopefully my parents won't come. I need silence and peace.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    For any PA's interested in having someone to talk to, check in with and a safe place to talk about all things recovery... my husband @Wade W. Wilson, who has been in real recovery for over two years now, has created a dedicated Facebook group [click here] and Discord channel for PA's, all are welcome to join and he is looking forward to getting to know and helping each of you. You can join the channel by clicking this link: https://discord.gg/gXPuU9q
    For SO's interested in having someone to talk to, check in with and a safe place to talk about all things healing and betrayal trauma... here is my Discord channel: https://discord.gg/XwhaBTg [this channel is for SO's ONLY, anyone there for malicious reasons will be removed].

What I liked about myself, today:
    (I am trying to find one positive thing to "like" about myself and make a mental note of it, every day. No matter how small or insignificant)
    :emoji_two_hearts: No triggers!:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    "CONSISTENCY Makes You SUCCESSFUL!"

[​IMG]

Recovery Setback Dates | Inconsistencies or Lies
    5/25/18 | 6/08/18 | 8/18/18 | 9/19/18 | 1/09/19
    1/19/19 | 1/21/19 | 1/24/19 | 1/27/19 | 2/08/19
    4/27/19 | 6/13/19 | 7/06/19 | 8/05/19 | 2/08/20

aricking, Wade W. Wilson and kropo82 like this.
  3. Psalm27:1my light

Psalm27:1my light Fapstronaut

They work with my gym. Nutrishop will do it if you have one of them in your area. At least here they do.

Jagliana likes this.
  4. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

Got it, I will look into it when gyms open.

aricking likes this.
  5. aricking

aricking Fapstronaut

My Journal
    THE MOST INPIRING JOURNAL I HAVE EVER SAW,,you are inspiration to me maam!

Wade W. Wilson and Jagliana like this.
  6. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 929: 08/13/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1. Certainty 2. Uncertainty/Variety 3. Significance 4. Connection/Love 5. Growth and 6. Contribution.

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, he gave me a soothing trifecta, it was nice and calming. I had a really long day, full of noise pollution. Then we continued watching Dark, what a weird-ass show, but we like it lol. I initially started it on my own, but of course, like with every show, watching it with him makes it better and more fun. I have nothing to watch on my own anymore lmao.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Stay Calm In Difficult Situations", in this episode, Freddy Fri tells us how to stay calm in difficult situations. Remember, don't allow people to pull you into their storm, pull them into your peace.

This morning, we began listening to "How To Reduce The Chemicals That Ruin Your Brain & Body" with Dr. Rangan Chatterjee on ON Purpose with Jay Shetty. Dr. Chatterjee is a Functional Medicine Practitioner, author of How to Make Disease Disappear, and host of the BBC show "Doctor in the House". He explains his four pillars of health and why balance across the four, rather than perfection in one, is essential. So far, during this interview, he goes over one of the best lessons both Wade and I have learned, small steps in the right direction are better, more productive and easier to turn into a routine... then attempting to set a big goal at the start, something much further out of reach, then either never being able to start, eventually failing or not making it as far as you would have liked and then just giving up because it seems so hopeless. The pace was good and quick, Wade needed to get home so he could do a teledoc appointment. However, the walk was not without incident, there were a good amount of triggers for me. It instantly kills my mood, pulls the energy right out from under me, and just drains me - yeah, so it sucks.

Later today, if the weather does not get too crazy we might take the girls out to lunch, for the first time since March. It could be nice family time, I just hope there won't be more triggers there [my mental and internal health can't take further hits today], I don't recall any at the mall restaurant, but I remember there being some here the last time we came. Fingers crossed.

For any PA's interested in having someone to talk to, check in with and a safe place to talk about all things recovery... my husband @Wade W. Wilson, who has been in real recovery for over two years now, has created a dedicated Facebook group [click here] and Discord channel for PA's, all are welcome to join and he is looking forward to getting to know and helping each of you. You can join the channel by clicking this link: https://discord.gg/gXPuU9q
    For SO's interested in having someone to talk to, check in with and a safe place to talk about all things healing and betrayal trauma... here is my Discord channel: https://discord.gg/XwhaBTg [this channel is for SO's ONLY, anyone there for malicious reasons will be removed].

(I am trying to find one positive thing to "like" about myself and make a mental note of it, every day. No matter how small or insignificant)
    :emoji_two_hearts: My calming video/sound really helped me [Relaxing Music & Soft Rain Sounds]!:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Keeping Your Composure

[​IMG]

Wade W. Wilson and aricking like this.
  7. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 930: 08/14/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, he gave me the trifecta and after a long day working, boy did it hit the spot!! during we spoke about his desire for me and how he perceives triggers versus how I think he does, something we do not agree on obviously. Then I took a break from work and we watched some TV before heading to bed... where we had a little fun, before passing out.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Lack Of Motivation: Habits That Actually Destroy Your Motivation", in this episode, we hear about habits that you should avoid because they lead to you having a lack of motivation. Remember, don't tell people about your dreams, show them.

This morning, we finished listening to "How To Reduce The Chemicals That Ruin Your Brain & Body" with Dr. Rangan Chatterjee on ON Purpose with Jay Shetty. Dr. Chatterjee is a Functional Medicine Practitioner, author of How to Make Disease Disappear, and host of the BBC show "Doctor in the House". He explains his four pillars of health and why balance across the four, rather than perfection in one, is essential. During the rest of this interview, he shares that people without a strong sense of purpose have poor health outcomes, lower levels of income, and happiness. He simplifies health, what stops us from taking action, the best morning & night routine, and again reminds us of the importance of setting the bar low at the start. This was a good one, man I WISH I could find a doctor like him, in the same way, I wish I could have a boss like Simon Sinek LOL.

The rest of the day I will be working, while he entertains the girls. This evening Wade wants to go on a dinner date. I am wary but I guess I will go and see what happens.

:emoji_two_hearts: No triggers!:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    13 Habits That Are Destroying Your Motivation

[​IMG]

Wade W. Wilson likes this.
  8. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 931: 08/15/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, we went out on a dinner date, it wasn't as triggering as I thought it would be, but I was still getting thoughts stemming from my birthday on and off, that I was swatting away. The place was nice for a casual bar hop, but we got dressed for a nice place lol so we were overdressed a bit. This was the venue's fault though, I guess they have a COVID bar only menu, so the fancy stuff wasn't there, but it is still listed on the website but we still had a good time - out of the house. Then he soothed my broken back/body with a soothing trifecta. The current job my client sent me is a doozy man, yikes - a lot of work.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Habits Of Successful People That Will Change Your Life Forever", in this episode, TopThink talks about some of the habits of successful people that anyone can adopt - 1. the 80/20 rule, 2. make routines, 3. make good decisions on each day that betters your life, career, and 4.practice gratitude. Remember, one of the major keys to success is to stop being distracted by things that have nothing to do with your goals.

This morning, we began listening to "The Coronavirus Isn't Going Anywhere, Here's What To Do", an interview with Dr. Jennifer Haythe, on Health Theory with Tom Bilyeu. Dr. Jennifer Haythe has worked through the center of the COVID-19 pandemic in New York City and dealt with all of the medical, emotional, and psychological consequences of that crisis. Here she discusses the immediate situation regarding the coronavirus, and also the long-term effects of the disease. So far, we've heard them discuss her experience of dealing with COVID-19 in New York City hospitals, and what will be required to achieve herd immunity, why COVID-19 is so scary, how it damages so many different organs, and also why she is hopeful for those who recover and she details the steps people can take to keep themselves healthy, reduce their preexisting conditions, and improve their immune systems. During our car rides, we talked about how I've been feeling with certain people annoying me by not taking no for an answer or just not getting the point, how it bothers me, etc.

Then once we got home, I got straight to work, it will be one of those weeks - especially with the difficulty of this job in particular.

:emoji_two_hearts: Triggered but got through it.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    4 Habits That Will Change Your Life Forever

[​IMG]

9. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 932: 08/16/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Food.

Last night, I either overworked myself or something, but I ended up trying Advil, Allegra, and Xan, and nothing was helping how shitty I was feeling. I had to stop working, which really put me into shame because I ended up giving myself horrible self-talk because I felt this crap was getting in the way of my work time. Anyway, Wade gave me a soothing trifecta and that really put me at ease, got me sleepy and I turned in earlier than normal. Although I woke up often, I passed back out quickly too.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Simple Steps You Can Take To Save Time Everyday", in this episode, we hear about a few simple steps on how to save time that will help you to be more productive during your day. Remember, time is more valuable than money, you can get more money, but you can't get more time.

This morning, it was raining - so no walk, I had to work anyway. I feel lazy, fat, pressured, stressed, and overwhelmed... oh and my cravings have been insane! I've been eating like someone was taking away my plate, ugh this is going to be a shitshow week... I can feel it. ANYWAY, as I worked I still managed to watch "How To Create A HEALTHY Romantic RELATIONSHIP" with Jay Shetty & His Wife Radhi, which was a cute and fun video. I also watched Netflix's "(Un)Well" which is a docuseries that takes a look at various wellness trends, interviewing not only people who have profited from the wellness craze but experts who think that at the very least the various trends don’t help people much, and at worst might cause severe health issues. Let's just say it has been eye-opening and I know they were trying to make fun of people who buy into a lot of these 'trends' but I think it still kind of does. Oh and some of the "famous" trendsetters, wow talk about quacks! you have to watch it - it's difficult to describe, but if you like documentaries, this could be for you.

Okay, back to work!

:emoji_two_hearts: Didn't go outside, so no triggers lol.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    12 Smart Habits That Will Save You Time

[​IMG]

aricking, Wade W. Wilson and kropo82 like this.
  10. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 933: 08/17/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Photoshop.

Last night, his trifecta really hit the spot again - I needed the peace more than ever. I've been so down lately, then to add on to it our little one got a repeat infection which I thought we'd never see again. I feel so defeated/overwhelmed between it all and that I can break at any point now. Having his support helps enormously, of course, because in the past it would have all been just my burden to bear, but nonetheless this is an internal "weight on my shoulders - getting too heavy" sort of thing and I don't know how to pull myself out. I hope when everything thing on my mind finds it's place and settles somewhere, it will get better, but I don't know.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Why You Should Keep Your Goals and Dreams To Yourself", in this episode, we learn how to avoid dream killers by not talking about your goals and dreams. Remember, work hard in silence and let your success make the noise.

This morning, Wade was stuck at work again, I had to finish my clients work, so I stayed in and worked through the morning. While I worked, I finished watching Netflix's "(Un)Well" which is a docuseries that takes a look at various wellness trends, interviewing not only people who have profited from the wellness craze but experts who think that at the very least the various trends don’t help people much, and at worst might cause severe health issues. It's strange to me how powerful the brain really must be because some of the trends people swear by and claim they have saved them where conventional medicine could not - then the scientists come in with data and say, well there is really no there-there. Could the placebo effect really be that strong? hmm, who knows. I also watched a bunch of informative YouTube videos too, one of which recommended a pretty could website/app to use if you are in need of a new movie/show or book recommendation based on the kind of stuff you already enjoy, here is the link: tastedive.com.

I finally finished the work that was due today, there will be more later, but for now, I can breathe for a few hours. So, I am going to catch up on some small errands I had piling up, take my mind off of some things. As I munch down on all of the junk food that I LOVE (and I know is bad for me and will feel guilty about later). Wade wanted to put a smile on my face, so when he got back from work he also brought home my favorite junky treats lol and they are so yummy, thanks for thinking of me baby, I appreciate it.

:emoji_two_hearts: Finished my work for today earlier than anticipated, giving myself some relief/much needed free time.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    NEVER Tell People Your Goals - Or You Won't Achieve Them

[​IMG]

aricking and Wade W. Wilson like this.
  11. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 934: 08/18/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, he gave me the trifecta and both of us lost ourselves in the moment. Somehow he also finds it soothing? meditative? to listen to the music and let his mind roam, just as I do from the receiving end, it really does make such a difference. It helps tune out the noise, even if it is for a short time. I really appreciate it, it's been the highlight of my days. Then we watched some TV before he headed off to work and I went to bed.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Follow Your Own Path", in this episode, Charlie, from Charisma On Command, shares his thoughts with us on why you must follow your own path. Remember, the warrior who trusts his path doesn't need to prove the other wrong.

This morning, we finished listening to "The Coronavirus Isn't Going Anywhere, Here's What To Do", an interview with Dr. Jennifer Haythe, on Health Theory with Tom Bilyeu. Dr. Jennifer Haythe has worked through the center of the COVID-19 pandemic in New York City and dealt with all of the medical, emotional, and psychological consequences of that crisis. Here she discusses the immediate situation regarding the coronavirus, and also the long-term effects of the disease. During the rest of this interview, she and Tom get into a discussion about a topic that is on a lot of people’s minds as a result of COVID-19. They talk about death itself, how our culture doesn’t deal with it well, and what we need to do to make the dying process more humane. American’s unwillingness to face the reality of death, and why sometimes extraordinary measures at the end of life are unnecessary to the point of being unethical, how we project too many of our own feelings onto the dying, and if we want the dying process to be more humane we need to really learn to listen to patients and then Tom and Jennifer discuss the experience of seeing a dead body and why grief happens in such different ways, even to the same person.

My client has not responded yet or sent me the rest of the work, so this gives me some more time to take another bite out of my elephant goal, decluttering my virtual world - starting with my google bookmarks.

:emoji_two_hearts: No Triggers.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    How To Stop Chasing Things That Make You Miserable

[​IMG]

12. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 935: 08/19/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, he gave me the trifecta and it was lovely, a treat after endless cycles of noise with our preteen. It's constant WW3 with her - with no end in sight. Then we watched some TV and he went to work... I went to bed but got zero hours of sleep, which sucked.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to What It Takes To Succeed In Life", in this episode, Steve Harvey gives us a little straight talk on what it takes to succeed in life. Remember, success is not the absence of failure, it is persisting through it.

This morning, Wade told me about his night, where he consoled a coworker whose GF saw a flirty text message on his phone (while snooping) - be he and she have plenty of blame to share, but anyway. She left the house and this coworker told Wade the whole story, then Wade shared his words of wisdom and advice, told him our turbulent story and how true vulnerability, trust, and communication got us to the place we are at now. Then, we began listening to "If You're Struggling To Stay Motivated, You Need To Watch This" a Q&A session with various listeners, on Impact Theory with Tom Bilyeu. Tom spends time answering questions from Moms and Dads, from artists, business owners, and recent graduates. He explains how to build and maintain motivation, why boredom can be a tool you use to achieve greatness, how to deal with anxiety, how to balance the needs of your family and your career, and why you need absolute clarity on your goals to be a good leader. Up to now, we've heard him talk about how motivation comes in waves, so you need to remember what got you excited at first, being honest with yourself about what you really want, how boredom kills most people’s dreams, but you can use boredom to achieve greatness, why he meditates, and how it affects him biologically, what it really means to be a CEO and how to lead people, why you need an optimistic, solution-oriented mindset and why you need to have absolute clarity on your goals. When Tom got into knowing your true priorities, which will help guide you in life, Wade said he is finally happy because it is all clear to him, I am his priority, this marriage is his priority and everything else is second - I feel the same exact way, which is why I get so frustrated when my triggers and feelings get in the way of his career prospects/ideas - he says they don't matter, but I know I am in the way of them anyway. Anyhow, we got home and unveiled the memory foam mattress we got for our little one and it was pretty good, both of us were impressed.

Now, I am back to my elephant goal, as I wait to hear from my client and receive the rest of the work. I am super drained and tired, from a few things, but mostly because I didn't sleep at all yet. I hope today will be a drama-free day.

:emoji_two_hearts: No triggers, second day in a row.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    WHEN LIFE BREAKS YOU

[​IMG]

13. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 936: 08/20/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, we continued watching Dark as he gave me a hand and foot rub. I had been feeling sick [indigestiion?] all day, no matter what meds I tried - nothing helped. At night, I took a shot of apple cider vinegar, which helped a little... I had to get out of bed and do some exercises, eventually, it was less bothersome and I was able to finally get some sleep.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Know When To Leave A Relationship", in this episode, Freddy Fri gives us a message on when to leave a relationship. Remember, moving on doesn't mean you're giving up, it means you're making a choice to be happy instead of hurt.

This morning, we finished listening to "If You're Struggling To Stay Motivated, You Need To Watch This" a Q&A session with various listeners, on Impact Theory with Tom Bilyeu. Tom spends time answering questions from people from all walks of life. The rest of the Q&A we heard why you need to go out and fail, learn from it, and still go all in next time, he discusses anxiety and how to deal with it and how to make the most of the lockdown. Afterward, we just spoke about life and the people in ours, it was a good, important discussion. However, we still can not figure out how to help/reach out to our preteen.

Today, we plan on taking the girls to lunch, hopefully this will be a trigger-free experience for me, while also being a good moment to share with our girls. This will be their first time out-out (lunch/restaurant) since March!

:emoji_two_hearts: Minor trigger while I waited for Wade in the car, but it passed.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Finding The Strength To Leave A Relationship

[​IMG]

14. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 937: 08/21/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) My Mac.

Last night, he soothed my aliments with a trifecta. We briefly talked about my trigger from our lunch outing. Then watched some TV before passing out, rather quickly (finally).

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Stop Being Negative When You Talk To Yourself", in this episode, Tony Robbins talks about how to stop being negative when you talk to yourself. Remember, what you tell yourself every day will either lift you up or tear you down.

This morning, Wade went fishing with my dad and I stayed home and worked. Once he got back, we ran an errand and there were triggers there. I did get through them, we spoke about all of that on the car ride home, nothing new - we still have a difference of opinion, he is still hoping his consistency will eventually get me to see it his way though. Who knows? I hope so, but I'm not as positive about it as he is.

Now it is back to work!

:emoji_two_hearts: Trigger, but it passed.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Tony Robbins: What You Say to Yourself Matters

[​IMG]

15. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 938: 08/22/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, he gave me a quick trifecta, which after hours of sitting behind a desk works wonders. Then we continued watching Dark, but went to bed rather early, both of us were extra tired yesterday and we both passed out quickly.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Why Having More Stuff Won't Make You Happy", in this episode, Matt D'Avella gives us a simple explanation of why accumulating more and more stuff doesn't make you happy. Remember, the more stuff you own, the more your stuff owns you.

This morning, we listened to "SELF-WORTH, CONFIDENCE & What She Looks For In A RELATIONSHIP" an interview with Nikki Glaser, on The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes. Nikki Glaser is one of the funniest female voices in comedy today. For over a decade at clubs across the country, and as a podcast host, she has been honing her shockingly-honest, no-holds-barred style of comedy. Nikki Glaser has had 3 specials on Netflix, and she’s the host of the Comedy Central podcast You Up. Nikki was hilarious, but also vulnerable, real, and full of relatable stories. During this conversation, we heard them discuss, self-image, intimacy, being shallow - a lot of stuff I could relate to. Also, why she struggles with her self-image, her up-and-down quest for intimacy, and how she approaches her comedy. Overall it was lite and opened up some really deep conversations between Wade and myself, as we listened.

It was nice to get out of the house and just walk, I think both of us have been feeling so overwhelmed, mentally exhausted, and overworked. I love spending this time with him, without anyone else hovering around and making noise. I also wanted to say how grateful I am to Wade for everything that he does for the girls and myself, no matter how tired or busy he is. It does not go unnoticed and I appreciate it all - from the cooking, cleaning/repairing random things around the home, the nightly massages, etc - it helps so much and means the world to me, so thank you.

:emoji_two_hearts: Minor trigger, but got past it.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Why More Stuff Won't Make You Happy

[​IMG]

16. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 939: 08/23/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, he gave me a trifecta, it always feels good, how can a human body have so many knots or trigger spots is beyond me, I'm breaking apart lol. Then we continued to watch Dark, it is getting crazier and crazier. Both of us were so exhausted by the end of the night that we went to bed early and just passed out. Wade worked around the house all day, which I am grateful for, and well me, I worked on my freelance.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to 5 Minute Meditation Practice for Beginners", in this episode, Adriana Girdler guides us through a 5 Minute Meditation practice. Remember, quiet the mind and the soul will speak.

This morning, during our walk we began listening to "THERAPIST SHARES The 4 Step Process For CURING LONELINESS & Finding HAPPINESS" an interview with Kati Morton, on The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes. Kati Morton is a clinical psychologist, a licensed marriage and family therapist, and a viral YouTube personality whose mission is to decrease the stigma around mental health issues. She runs a private practice in Santa Monica, CA, and over the past eight years, Kati has leveraged social media to share mental health information worldwide through video. So far, they really dived into positive thinking and ways you can help yourself 'get there', like by writing yourself a letter (aka journaling) and of course meditating. I like it thus far, we shall see what other cool advice she provides in it tomorrow. I did get triggered, mostly towards the end of our walk, but it was a decent-sized one. Wade said he realized it because of how my mood changes. He talked about the positive thinking model that Kati mentioned and how - perhaps, I could go into situations thinking good thoughts, instead of always preparing myself for the inevitable trigger and see if that changes anything. I told him I believe that would only end up pissing me off more because I'd go in 'high' and then feel defeated - instead of how I do it now, just mentally prepare myself for a shitshow and when there are no triggers, it's an exhale of relief.

The rest of today will be continued work for me, with a possible break for the pool if it does not start raining. I feel bad for my little one, she's been wanting to go but the weather has been horrible.

:emoji_two_hearts: Speaking up for myself, more and more.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    How to Meditate for Beginners

[​IMG]

17. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 940: 08/24/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, he gave me a trifecta, which I enjoyed - although I wanted to skip it initially. I was triggered in the morning, which I was working through and then again at the pool - which again I was getting past, but then in the evening, he brought it up in a way which forced me to reexplain who it was, why she triggered me and re-visualize what she was wearing. That whole thing caused me to get retriggered and begin to question how he knew exactly who triggered me, instantly, meaning he must have noticed her himself, etc. Anyway, later we watched some TV and then he had left to work and I went to bed.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Develop The Traits Necessary To Love Your Work", in this episode, we learn how to develop the traits necessary to love your work. As explained in the book, So Good They Can't Ignore You, by Cal Newport. Remember, the only way to do great work is to love what you do.

This morning, we switched it up a bit and walked at an outdoor mall, then ran an errand at the supermarket. We continued listening to "THERAPIST SHARES The 4 Step Process For CURING LONELINESS & Finding HAPPINESS" an interview with Kati Morton, on The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes. Kati Morton is a clinical psychologist, a licensed marriage and family therapist, and a viral YouTube personality. At this point of the interview they were addressing vulnerability vs being stoic, something Lewis knows all too well, he even wrote about that mask in his book The Mask of Masculinity.

I am on the final leg of my work, I can wait to be done so I could breathe again. When Wade wakes up, we will go to the pool, we need to take advantage of the weather while we can. Hoping for a trigger free experience.

:emoji_two_hearts: No triggers in the morning.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Be Rare & Valuable: SO GOOD THEY CAN'T IGNORE YOU

[​IMG]

18. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 941: 08/25/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, I worked and worked and worked... just when I thought I would be done and have the afternoon to breathe, my client sends me another image, that needed to be in by the next morning. So, I ended up taking a short break and Wade relieved some of my mental and physical stress/pressure with a trifecta, I'm grateful for that, it really did help. Then we watched a little TV before he left for work and I went back to work as well until around 1 am. I was so exhausted.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Overcoming Depression: Ways To Cope With Depression", in this episode, The School of Life provides some great information on overcoming depression. Remember, stress, anxiety, and depression are caused when we are living to please others.

This morning, we finished listening to "THERAPIST SHARES The 4 Step Process For CURING LONELINESS & Finding HAPPINESS" an interview with Kati Morton, on The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes. Kati is a clinical psychologist, a marriage and family therapist, and a viral YouTube personality. The rest of the interview was spent speaking about the importance of connection. Wade and I couldn't agree more, I can predict that if we weren't so 'in sync and connected' any issue or setback would not get resolved and could have caused us to give up and end the relationship. I am glad that we are here, that no matter how triggered I am or whatever the issue we are in the middle of, eventually we do talk it out and move past it.

Hopefully, my client will be satisfied and there won't any more adjustments (so I don't have to sit behind the desk, yet again - my back is shot). Today, if the weather (and workload) permits, I would love to go to the pool and spend some time watching my little one have fun, now that she has learned so much.

Hoping for a calm and relaxing day to decompress, fingers crossed.

:emoji_two_hearts: Completed my project in the nick of time.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    How To Cope With Depression

[​IMG]

19. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 942: 08/26/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Couples Time.

Last night, we watched "Dark" as he gave me a lovely hand and foot rub. The show is starting to get a little too confusing, but we are almost done with it and can not wait to get started on Lucifer season 5!

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to 5 Things Secure People Simply Do Not Do", in this episode, Julia Kristina points out some things secure people do not do. Remember, insecurity is an ugly thing. It makes you hate people you don't even know.

This morning, we went shopping instead of on our walk. To and from we discussed various things spanning from a coworker of his with relationship issues all the way to my triggers, gut feelings, and how/if there is any progress. He believes I'm a lot farther then I believe, but I guess we have to agree to disagree (as usual) lol.

Hoping for an easy day, I need more of those before the homeschooling season begins again.

:emoji_two_hearts: Minor triggers but got through them.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    5 Things Secure People Just Don't Do

[​IMG]

20. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 943: 08/27/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) YouTube.

Last night, he gave me a soothing trifecta, he hits the right buttons to make my brain get sleepy right away lol! during the backrub, we did rant a little about my parents and how I can not help myself with needing a confirmation/approval from my client that work was good or approved as is - I just do not understand why it is so difficult to just respond with "got it, everything looks good - thank you" however this client never does that and I sit in uncertainty waiting whether or not they'll need last-minute revisions or not! Then we watched some more Dark before he had to go to work.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Change Your Thinking", in this episode, Freddy Fri explains how to change your thinking so that you can change your life. Remember, your life is a reflection of your thoughts, if you change your thinking you can change your life.

This morning, it was raining on and off and Wade was too tired to drive to the mall, so I just stayed in and skipped my walk. While my little one was occupied I did manage to listen to "This is How You Become A Happier Person" an interview with Sophie Keller, on Women of Impact with Lisa Bilyeu. Sophie Keller is a happiness and well-being expert, the author of a collection of books on happiness and relationships, and also the founder of the Village Workspaces. In this episode, she talks about how to maintain a relationship by being self-aware and the secrets of long-term well being. We hear them go over topics like the reason anger is a health problem, why "the now" is all that matters, the importance of having an awesome workplace, why making an impact doesn't have to be a huge endeavor, what types of people are you attracting, how to create harmony within yourself, why you'll never get a "perfect" partner, how to tell if your partner is right for you early on, why you can't have any doubts about the person you're marrying, should your partner come before your children and how to work well with your partner. When they got to relationships/marriage content, I found myself nodding a lot! especially during this exchange: LISA: in your last book of marriage you put in something and I wanted to stand up and just give you a standing ovation when I read it 'your partner comes before your kids' now I don't have kids but Tom and I have been married for 16 years we've spoken many times about do we want kids or do we not and we always said that if we decided to that 'they need to be second in our relationship and that he will always be my number one and I will always be his' and I felt bad saying that out loud for a while because I think people just saw like all your selfish but when I read it in your book and the way you explain it makes so much sense, so can you talk to me a little about that and did you do that in your own life like did you guys talk about putting each other first?' SOPHIE: well why put that tip in was because I saw my parents do that and they've been married for 55 years so they always put each other first and we were second now as a kid when you're seeing your backbone which is your parents strong and stable, you grow up, I grew up stable and I believe my brothers did as well because 'we saw two people who were fused together - they were always singing from the same song sheet, so if one said something even if the other didn't believe in it they backed them up' now was that sometimes to our detriment, maybe, however in the long term 'you as a couple end up the kitchen table staring at each other because your kids have gone off to college and they've gone to live their own lives and the fact is they're going to leave home and you're staring at each other without the children involved'." A point that Wade and I are now understanding and in total agreement about, even if it's not the social norm.

Now, I have the rest of the day to be lazy! LOL jk, I'll get back to slowly decluttering my digital world.

:emoji_two_hearts: Didn't get upset or frustrated about not being able to walk.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Change Your Mindset Change Your Life

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020