1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Jagliana's Journal | An S.O's perspective

Discussion in 'Significant Other Journals' started by Jagliana, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 944: 08/28/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:
    • My husband has been honest with me.
    • Daily talk with my husband.
    • Worked on Self-Care as defined here.
    • Currently Reading: Various
    • Current Daily Podcast: "7 Good Minutes"
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Dailies | Self-Care Completed:
    Self-care is not an indulgence. Self-care is a discipline.
    Morning routine / Verbalized my feelings
    Journal / Daily talk with hubby / Regulated my sleep.

Tony Robbins List of Basic Human Needs | Text explanation here / Sound.
    1. Certainty 2. Uncertainty/Variety 3. Significance 4. Connection/Love 5. Growth and 6. Contribution.

3 Things I am Grateful for Today:
    1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, there was too much going on and both sets of parents were keeping us busy, so we just went to finish "Dark" while he gave me a hand and foot rub, before he had to head out to work.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Rebuild Your Life With One Single Habit", in this episode, The Art Of Improvement gives us some great advice on how to rebuild your life by developing one simple habit. Remember, it's never too late to be what you might have been.

This morning, we listened to "Unlikely Olympian Reveals How to Succeed When the Deck Is Stacked Against You" an interview with Devon Harris, on Impact Theory with Tom Bilyeu. Olympian Devon Harris, an original member of the 1988 Jamaican bobsled team, always believed that a positive, “Keep on Pushing” attitude would take him farther than anger or a focus on injustice. In this episode, he explains exactly what he means by his mantra, “Keep on Pushing”. He talks about his life growing up in Kingston, the lessons he learned from his grandmother, the reasons why he is so passionate about education, and the power of dreams and visualization. The topics they covered were how a positive attitude will carry you farther than a heart filled with rage at injustice, that you can’t allow yourself to settle, he explains what it means to have a “Keep on Pushing” attitude, he advocates living a fulfilled life, a rounded life but he is also absolutely driven, how important his family is to him, that dreaming is the starting point of all achievement, education gives you confidence, opens doors, and lets you see opportunities, why you have to create a new story that you become a character in, how he deals with fear, how he has used visualization before he knew what visualization was and you can’t quit on the goal, but you sometimes have to quit on the strategy. Then we ran some quick errands after, my head feels so full, not sure why it's weird. One thing that does annoy me, when I am talking to him about something and he cuts me off with some random remark about what he wants to do sexually to me or 'you are so cute' or whatever. It kind of feels like whatever I am talking about or expressing at the moment is either being brushed off, ignored or invalidated, it frustrates me, today was not the first time... I never do anything like that to him when he is speaking.

Shortly, we will be going out to another family lunch with the girls, I am hoping for the best (trigger wise) but expecting the usual. Then we will be cleaning and getting ready for his parents to come tomorrow, to celebrate his dad's 60th birthday.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    For any PA's interested in having someone to talk to, check in with and a safe place to talk about all things recovery... my husband @Wade W. Wilson, who has been in real recovery for over two years now, has created a dedicated Facebook group [click here] and Discord channel for PA's, all are welcome to join and he is looking forward to getting to know and helping each of you. You can join the channel by clicking this link: https://discord.gg/gXPuU9q
    For SO's interested in having someone to talk to, check in with and a safe place to talk about all things healing and betrayal trauma... here is my Discord channel: https://discord.gg/XwhaBTg [this channel is for SO's ONLY, anyone there for malicious reasons will be removed].

What I liked about myself, today:
    (I am trying to find one positive thing to "like" about myself and make a mental note of it, every day. No matter how small or insignificant)
    :emoji_two_hearts: No triggers, yet.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    This 1 Habit Can Completely Rebuild Your Life

[​IMG]
    Recovery Setback Dates | Inconsistencies or Lies
    5/25/18 | 6/08/18 | 8/18/18 | 9/19/18 | 1/09/19
    1/19/19 | 1/21/19 | 1/24/19 | 1/27/19 | 2/08/19
    4/27/19 | 6/13/19 | 7/06/19 | 8/05/19 | 2/08/20

Wade W. Wilson likes this.
  2. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 945: 08/29/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1. Certainty 2. Uncertainty/Variety 3. Significance 4. Connection/Love 5. Growth and 6. Contribution.

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Technology.

Last night, he gave me a wonderful trifecta, we talked about various topics during, including the issue I wrote about in my journal - his nonsensical interruptions during conversations. After resolving that, we finished off in some silence so both of us could 'mediate'. Then we went to continue watching Lucifer, we are already on episode 4, which means we'll be done soon LOL.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Consistency Is Key: How To Achieve Your Most Important Goals", in this episode, Better Than Yesterday has a fantastic message on why when it comes to achieving your goals consistency is key. Remember, small daily improvements are the key to staggering long-term results.

This morning, at Wade's recommendation (since I couldn't walk/he had a doctor's appointment) I listened to "The Keys to Building Character" an interview with Leila Janah, on Impact Theory with Tom Bilyeu. Leila Janah is the founder/CEO of Samasource--named as one of Fast Company's most innovative companies in 2016--Leila has employed nearly 10,000 people and helped nearly 35,000 people permanently move above the poverty line. Her customers are some of the world’s biggest companies such as Google, Microsoft, Walmart, and eBay. She also founded LXMI (pronounced luxe-me) which is the first social impact beauty brand to be sold at Sephora. During this interview she walks through how grit was baked into her upbringing, post-traumatic growth and how you can build resilience, they dive into her personal narrative and how she found refuge in social impact, she opens up about her struggle with depression and finding nourishment for her soul, she takes you through the 4-step process that you can use to keep yourself grounded, then explains the benefits of “the pause”, she debunks the myth that people who work in service of humanity are flawless, she recalls living in Ghana and the reverse culture shock she experienced coming home, and the reality of scarcity and the power of unleashing untapped potential. It was a lite, interesting, and inspiring listen.

Later today, Wade's parents are coming and we will be celebrating his dad's 60th birthday. I am hoping for a calm gathering, with little to no drama.

For any PA's interested in having someone to talk to, check in with and a safe place to talk about all things recovery... my husband @Wade W. Wilson, who has been in real recovery for over two years now, has created a dedicated Facebook group [click here] and Discord channel for PA's, all are welcome to join and he is looking forward to getting to know and helping each of you. You can join the channel by clicking this link: https://discord.gg/gXPuU9q
    For SO's interested in having someone to talk to, check in with and a safe place to talk about all things healing and betrayal trauma... here is my Discord channel: https://discord.gg/XwhaBTg [this channel is for SO's ONLY, anyone there for malicious reasons will be removed].

(I am trying to find one positive thing to "like" about myself and make a mental note of it, every day. No matter how small or insignificant)
    :emoji_two_hearts: Worked on some self-promo items on my 'to-do list'.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Small Daily Actions Lead To Massive Results

[​IMG]

3. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 946: 08/30/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, we both thought his dad's birthday dinner was pleasant and went smoothly (phew!). Later, his back was feeling bad after his MRI, which I totally empathize with, I hope it gets better quickly - although I know it could take a while. So we decided to have a mini-date night, we began watching Netflix's "Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga" with Will Ferrell. It is a hilarious movie and both of us have really enjoyed it.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Harness The Power of Mindfulness", in this episode, we listen to a fantastic TED Talk on The Power of Mindfulness by Shauna Shapiro. Remember, what you practice grows stronger.

This morning, we began listening to "Hollywood Star's Journey From Addiction to Recovery to Joy" an interview with Eric & Eliza Roberts, on the Ed Mylett show. Eric Roberts is one of the greatest American actors in the last 40 years and one of the all-time leading working actors in Hollywood with over 500 appearances! (and also the brother of Julia Roberts). Eliza Roberts is his wife, manager, and hero. They go through his life (addiction etc) and career, how everything has changed for him once he replaced drugs for self-care/exercise. “We all want to be rescued…” Eric says as he explains how he recovered from his addiction to cocaine and marijuana. He reveals the secret weapons he used during his process which can be used to recover from any kind of addiction you or a loved one may be facing; drugs, alcohol, sex, other people’s approval, negative thoughts, and more! Eliza also shares her insight and tips on how to navigate being affected by someone with an addiction and how she was able to stay supportive and committed through Eric’s recovery. How they built a family, a business, and an empire together. They found JOY in recovery and “even on bad days, things are okay.” So far we are really enjoying this interview, it is much better than John Travolta or Kevin Bacon.

We plan on having a small BBQ when Wade wakes up from his nap, hoping for a lite and easy day.

:emoji_two_hearts: No triggers today, woot.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    What You Practice Grows Stronger | Shauna Shapiro

[​IMG]

4. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 947: 08/31/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, he was still in pain, so we went straight to the living room. We spoke a bit about his feelings; mainly because of what occurred a bit earlier with our eldest. To me, he lashes out, more than he should - because to him it is like looking in the mirror when he buds head's with her. I try to be a neutral party so that I can look into it from an outside lens and then rationalize/empathize with both of their positions. He expressed how he feels when I tell him the opposite of what he believes because it hurts his pride and we spoke about why I have to be honest/blunt sometimes. After we finished watching EuroVision.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Find Meaning In Life", in this episode, Dr. Wayne Dyer talks about how to find meaning in life. Remember, sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, and sometimes in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself.

This morning, we finished listening to "Hollywood Star's Journey From Addiction to Recovery to Joy" an interview with Eric & Eliza Roberts, on the Ed Mylett show. Eric Roberts is one of the greatest American actors in the last 40 years (and also the brother of Julia Roberts). Eliza Roberts is his wife, manager, and hero. For the rest of this interview, they spoke about his stint on Celebrity Rehab, how being open and vulnerable about his struggles ended up helping him in life and with his career. It was a good one to listen to, we both enjoyed it. Then, we continued talking about how he is feeling down, I would assume even "defeated" after the last few exchanges. He mentioned he has even had an urge to grab a cigarette, but not PM. I hope being able to rant/express his side of things to me, gives him a better venue to deal with his issues - rather than numbing out with some vice.

I hope today will be a mellow day.

For any PA's interested in having someone to talk to, check-in with, and a safe place to talk about all things recovery... my husband @Wade W. Wilson, who has been in real recovery for over two years now, has created a dedicated Facebook group [click here] and Discord channel for PA's, all are welcome to join and he is looking forward to getting to know and helping each of you. You can join the channel by clicking this link: https://discord.gg/gXPuU9q
    For SO's interested in having someone to talk to, check-in with, and a safe place to talk about all things healing and betrayal trauma... here is my Discord channel: https://discord.gg/XwhaBTg [this channel is for SO's ONLY, anyone there for malicious reasons will be removed].

:emoji_two_hearts: No triggers today.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Manifesting Your Soul's Purpose with Dr. Wayne Dyer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 948: 09/01/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, he gave me the trifecta, then we watched some TV before he had to go to work. Then, I proceeded to have a rough night, woke up a lot, and then past 3:00 am, my mind just started wandering and recalled how bad I felt on moving day, a few years ago. I was pregnant, our door was open and he knew I was there, but he and a friend saw one of our neighbors and they ogled her and in front of me (earshot) were talking about how lucky he was to have such a hot neighbor... obviously, because who he had at home wasn't good enough or hot enough to keep his roaming eyes/mind satisfied. This was one of the most vivid memories that has stayed with me because we were moving into our new home, I thought that maybe things would be different here and then all of that was soured. Of course, that triggered me and I couldn't get those thoughts out of my head for hours...

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Great Life Advice", in this episode, Jordan Peterson gives us a little bit of life advice. Remember, surround yourself with only people who lift you higher.

This morning, we spoke about his night at work and some of the debate he had there with a coworker and I completely get his frustration and inability to just stay away. I'm still feeling the effects of my painful reminder/trigger from the middle of the night, so my mood is meh. Then, on the car ride home... we began listening to "If You Suffer From Depression or Anxiety, You Need to Watch This" an interview with Rainn Wilson, on Impact Theory with Tom Bilyeu. You know him from The Office, but Rainn Wilson has an inspiring career that not only extends well past that show but has even evolved past just being an actor. He founded SoulPancake, an incredible platform that creates content celebrating creativity and exploring life’s big questions. During this episode, he takes on some of the biggest questions we face as a society today--a mental health crisis that is disproportionately harming younger people, climate change, and an epidemic of loneliness that has only gotten worse with the pandemic. So far we heard him discuss mental health, especially its increase among young people, he shares his battle with anxiety and says it never happened when on stage and the gestalt therapy he has used to deal with anxiety. I'm interested to see where this goes.

For any PA's interested in having someone to talk to, check-in with, and a safe place to talk about all things recovery... my husband @Wade W. Wilson, who has been in real recovery for over two years now, has created a dedicated Facebook group [click here] and Discord channel for PA's, all are welcome to join and he is looking forward to getting to know and helping each of you. You can join the channel by clicking this link: https://discord.gg/gXPuU9q
    For SO's interested in having someone to talk to, check-in with, and a safe place to talk about all things healing and betrayal trauma... here is my Discord channel: https://discord.gg/XwhaBTg [this channel is for SO's ONLY, anyone there for malicious reasons will be removed].

:emoji_two_hearts: Kept my mouth shut when my dad was being really annoying.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Why You Should Make Your Room Beautiful and Set it Up Properly

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 949: 09/02/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, Wade was having back pain, so we skipped everything. We watched some more Lucifer and then he was off to work.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Why You Must Never Stop Learning And Growing", in this episode, we're reminded why you must never stop learning and growing throughout the course of your life. Remember, nothing we learn in this world is ever wasted.

This morning, we finished listening to "If You Suffer From Depression or Anxiety, You Need to Watch This" an interview with Rainn Wilson, on Impact Theory with Tom Bilyeu. Rainn Wilson is a phenomenal actor but more than that he founded SoulPancake, an incredible platform that creates content celebrating creativity and exploring life’s big questions. During the rest of this episode, we heard him discuss we are most satisfied when we serve others, as that creates human flourishing, how he advocates compassion for others and making yourself a better person, gratitude is the number one tool of people of faith, all teenagers want to do is be with other teenagers, and right now they can’t, he explains how he got involved in climate change, and then Tom advocates not merely taking sides on issues but actually investigating the data.

We got home and my parents drove me a bit nuts for almost 2 hours when they finally left I was able to relax.

:emoji_two_hearts: No triggers today.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    What You Say to Yourself Matters

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 950: 09/03/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, after my mom did something obnoxious (as usual - breaking massive boundaries) I told Wade all about it because now we have no secrets or anything that we don't tell each other, so he wanted to fly off the handle, however, I told him to just stop and move on, as 'it is, what it is' with them. So, during my comforting and soothing trifecta, we discussed that. Then we finished Lucifer and it ended on such a cliff hanger lol boohoo. Wade left for work and I went to bed... but had problems sleeping, again, maybe it's the nonstop stress? hmm.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Trust Issues: How To Deal With Issues Of Trust In A Relationship", in this episode, Freddy Fri teaches us how to deal with trust issues within a relationship. Remember, the best proof of love is trust.

This morning, Wade had a doctor's appointment and my parents kept telling me they may or may not go to the pharmacy - so they may or may not need their car, so I just decided to stay in and avoid games. While my little one was occupied I managed to listen to "The Secret to Being Likeable and Confident" an interview with Vanessa Van Edwards, on Women of Impact with Lisa Bilyeu. Vanessa Van Edwards is a professional investigator of the science of human behavior who used to try so hard to be someone she wasn’t. Thankfully, she got tired of pretending and decided to embrace her real self. And now she devotes her time and energy to helping others present their own authentic selves in the most likable and powerful way. In this episode, she explains the best way to deal with video calls, job interviews, and even first dates in this new world we live in. She spoke about spending about a decade trying to fake it, and then she got tired of it, that there’s actually more cognitive load on a video call than in real life, how the background people see behind you in a video call says a lot about you, your first impressions now include your visual background along with facial expressions, why you should quickly reveal your secrets on dates or interviews, why in work calls you should show some of your upper body, the importance of hand gestures, and talks about how to use them, how you can have fun with video calls in ways that wouldn’t be possible in real life and what the future holds for Zoom calls and in-person meetings. I found this interview very relatable to myself, I'm a token people pleaser and have been spending most of my own healing in the last few years trying to stop and be more authentic to MYSELF first, before anyone else.

I hope that just because my parents know Wade is at the doctors and then will be sleeping all day... they don't consider it a free-for-all to just barge in and out all day. Like, in small doses it is fine, but how they do it - it is extremely overwhelming and draining.

:emoji_two_hearts: Held my tongue this morning, when faced with absurdity.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    How To Overcome Trust Issues In Life

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 951: 09/04/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Wade.

Last night, after receiving some unreal but unsurprising news from our eldest and having a long conversation with her - Wade gave me a trifecta, where we continued discussing the matter together. I swear, sometimes I just want to commit myself into a padded cell and run around from side to side bashing my head into all the walls. Boy am I GRATEFUL that Wade and I now have each other to deal with all of these things that life throws at us, holy shit.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Practice Self Compassion", in this episode, The School of Life shares a brilliant message with us on the importance of self-compassion. Remember, if your compassion does not include yourself, it's incomplete.

This morning, we began listening to "The Secret to Overcoming Your Fears" an interview with Lori Harder, on Women of Impact with Lisa Bilyeu. Lori Harder is an Entrepreneur, fitness and mindfulness expert, here she discusses her process of facing fear head-on, using failure and criticism to move forward, and embracing vulnerability. She also shares her traumatic experience of kidnapping and abuse, attacking your fears, bringing in the pain of the future, fear is the X that marks the spot, failing is still progress, if you can’t conceal it, reveal it, crowding your life with good things, communication is freedom, picking your battles, giving love to feel love, her kidnapping and how she processed it and learning to face your problems head-on. We also spent some time; again, discussing everything that was thrown at us last night, how we both feel about it and how we plan on proceeding with it.

Today his weekend begins, so he won't be sleeping all day, we plan on having some finger foods for dinner and maybe a fun show or movie... some relaxing low key fun. We both want some peace, badly.

:emoji_two_hearts: No triggers... PA wise.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Self Compassion

[​IMG]

9. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 952: 09/05/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Family Time.

Last night, he gave me the trifecta and we continued to talk about ... well, he knows what - both of us are so thankful that we have each other, especially now. Then we began watching 'The Boys' before heading to bed.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Prepare Yourself For Success", in this episode, Jim Rohn talks about how to prepare yourself for success. Remember, by failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.

This morning, before leaving the house we finished listening to "The Secret to Overcoming Your Fears" an interview with Lori Harder, on Women of Impact with Lisa Bilyeu. Lori Harder is an Entrepreneur, fitness, and mindfulness expert. During the conclusion of this interview, she reveals how she turned her struggles into strengths, how to try out being vulnerable, figuring out what your mission is, and the power of vulnerability. Afterward, we took our girls to the Zoo for some family time. It was an interesting experience with heat, walking, and masks. We ended up having a pleasant time, although there were a few triggers for me there, as usual. Our little one had a blast, which is all that matters to me - our eldest, well, she was whining within the first 5 minutes of getting there.

After the Zoo, we picked up some lunch and enjoyed some AFV's while we ate. Hoping for a calm - rest of the day.

:emoji_two_hearts: Triggered but still made the best of my time.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    CONSISTENT SELF DISCIPLINE

[​IMG]

10. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 953: 09/06/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Work.

Last night, because of timing he skipped the back rub and we move straight to the hand/foot rub, as we continued watching 'The Boys' on Amazon. In between, he asked me whether or not I was triggered at the zoo, because it was difficult for him to tell at times. I said yes and I know it's difficult to tell at times, as I have to do my best to act normal around our kids, which just makes things worse later for me when it all finally hits me when they are no longer around (holding it in/finally letting go). He said he noticed a bunch of women that he would most definitely ogle "but it wasn't a problem" for him, he was just worried about me. I don't believe that - what I believe is that he has gotten better at controlling himself, especially when I am around. My take is if he notices her/them and it dawns on him that 'she's my type, I would have ogled her in the past' that's still giving them time/attention/acknowledgment - even if it doesn't make him want to PM after. I translate the thought process of 'someone I would have ogled in the past' as seeing/noticing/paying attention to someone who checks off the same boxes that they always have when you use to solely objectify: "she's hot, her body is the kind that I prefer and my eyes continue to be drawn to her/this type, although I am no longer objectifying for sexual purposes, I will label this process as if it is solely a concern for my wife getting triggered, and not me still being drawn to that type". Anyway, then he told me that he made dinner reservations for the next day as a surprise date night. I'm not really sure how I feel about it, I mean I am happy about the initiative and effort on his part, but I'm not sure why he picked a day, right after an event/trip where he knew that more likely than not, there would be triggers and it would affect me. Not to mention, this place did have triggering waitresses the last time we went and at that point, I wasn't even as sensitive to triggers yet.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Refresh Yourself In Less Than 10 Minutes", in this episode, we hear a message on how to completely refresh yourself in less than 10 minutes. Remember, he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.

This morning, before Wade left on a shopping trip with my parents, we began listening to "How This Clinical Nutritionist Changes Lives with Hunger" an interview with Mike Mutzel, on Health Theory with Tom Bilyeu. High-Intensity Health’s Mike Mutzel is at the forefront of functional medicine. His top-rated podcasts have helped thousands of people with fitness, nutrition, and general health advice. In this episode, Mike delves deeply into fasting, microbiome diversity, the keto diet, and the carnivore diet. And on top of all that, he connects the dots between healthy eating and a positive mindset and shows how to maximize both longevity and feeling good. So far, we've heard him discuss his specific fasting protocols and why he uses them, his reaction to finding he had elevated alpha-fetoprotein, and how getting arrested for drugs was the best thing that happened to him.

We shall see where the day takes us I guess.

:emoji_two_hearts: Got through some photos from the Zoo.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    All it takes is 10 mindful minutes

[​IMG]

11. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 954: 09/07/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, although I'm not crazy about surprises in general, and he knows that, but especially not when I'm in a triggered state, something he should have predicted*, but because he had already made the reservation, asked my parents to sit with the girls, etc, I went on the date night with him - with plenty of reservations, fears, and kind of in a funk. Luckily, there weren't many triggers there and we ended up having a pretty good time and talk - so although I was worked up and he did help me get into a good mood (of course no major triggers prob helped too lol). Overall, for the most part, I have been enjoying our dates, whether it is lunch or dinner - these days we always have plenty to talk about and we are both engaged and present, the only major issue comes about when triggers are around. Then we capped the night off with a lovely trifecta, with some ... fun in the mix.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Learning How To Focus On What Matters In Life", in this episode, we learn how to use Warren Buffet's 5/25 rule to learn how to focus on what matters in life. Remember, it's not what happened to you that matters, what matters is how you react to what happened.

This morning, we continued listening to "How This Clinical Nutritionist Changes Lives with Hunger" an interview with Mike Mutzel, on Health Theory with Tom Bilyeu. High-Intensity Health’s Mike Mutzel is at the forefront of functional medicine. His top-rated podcasts have helped thousands of people with fitness, nutrition, and general health advice. During the rest, we heard him discuss how to apply the lessons from physical fitness to mental fitness, how different methods of fasting or ketones use promotes mental clarity, how fasting affects stress responses, the pros and cons of a ketogenic diet, his goals for his diet, and why he doesn’t always use the same diet, the benefits of microbiome diversity relative to genetics and environment and the carnivore diet. Then he goes into the benefits of Metformin, which now I will spend some time doing more research on, as I already take it for PCOS.

I hope today will be a drama-free day. Tomorrow, remote learning begins again, sigh.

:emoji_two_hearts: No triggers.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Warren Buffett's 5/25 Rule Will Help You Focus On The Things That Matter

[​IMG]

Wade W. Wilson and Carpediem77 like this.
  12. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 955: 09/08/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Routine.

Last night, he gave me a lovely trifecta and we spoke a little bit about our current issues of the day... our eldest, upcoming 'virtual' school year, and all of the stresses - at least we have each other to vent to.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to 5 Great Rules To Live By", in this episode, Matthew McConaughey provides 5 great rules to live by - 1. Life is not easy, 2. "Unbelievable" is the stupidest word in the dictionary, 3. Happiness is different than joy, 4. Define success for yourself, and 5. "Don't leave crumbs" — and the beauty of delayed gratification. Remember, the number one rule in life is to set and live up to your own standards.

This morning, because it was the first day of virtual learning, I stayed home and a good thing that I did as the little one's Teams kept freezing and logging off, so if I was not there, I'd be called back home anyway. As you can imagine, my blood pressure has been soaring all morning... with little time to get anything done. Now they are on a quick lunch break, so I wanted to finish my post for the day. Wish my luck! LOL.

:emoji_two_hearts: Didn't lose my mind completely.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    5 RULES FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE

[​IMG]

13. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 956: 09/09/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, after what felt like a 24-hour shift at a hard labor facility, LOL okay, I'm exaggerating, well - but not really, dealing with 'at home live learning' and all of its technical difficulties, I really felt like I was at my breaking point. Wade works nights, so it all falls on my lap and I know he has no control over that. He did help with his wonderful trifecta, which at least gives me some release of my both mental and physical stresses.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Stop Worrying And Start Living", in this episode, Jim Rohn talks with us about how to stop worrying and start living. Remember, worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace.

This morning, my mom actually agreed to sit with the little one, even with the at-home learning! so we were able to go on our walk and we finished listening to "How This Clinical Nutritionist Changes Lives with Hunger" an interview with Mike Mutzel, on Health Theory with Tom Bilyeu. High-Intensity Health’s Mike Mutzel is at the forefront of functional medicine. His top-rated podcasts have helped thousands of people with fitness, nutrition, and general health advice. During the rest, we heard him discuss cellular switches that guide autophagy, eliminating processed food and eating at the same time each day, food, relationships, social settings, and sleep, the limits of fasting, and one change people can make to benefit their health.

Once we got home, the chaos begun, more disconnects on both the teacher's end and ours, Microsoft Teams has been such a pain in the ass. Tonight I will have to "phone a friend" and have my brother jump into her system and figure this shit out. For now, I must continue dealing with all of it, my own work, and the multitude of other things on my plate. Thank goodness that I at least got my walk today!

:emoji_two_hearts: No major triggers, other than remote learning.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video

Comparing Your Work To Others & Self Discipline
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNcxu7PlrUI

[​IMG]

Vizsla Dad and Wade W. Wilson like this.
  14. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 957: 09/10/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Internet.

Last night, he gave me the trifecta, trying to fix what's broken, inside and out lol. We continued discussing the difficulties we are having with our eldest, remote learning, and her overall attitude - which I've noticed, does take away from the mental relaxation part of the massage - because I found myself getting re-enraged all over again, just as I got in the morning when I was dealing with her myself. Then, we watched some TV before he had to head out to work... and I attempted to go to bed.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Thankfulness: Gratitude Is The Key To A More Fulfilling Life", in this episode, Freddy Fri reminds us that thankfulness is the key to having a more fulfilling life. Remember, living with an attitude of thankfulness changes everything.

This morning, it was raining and we had some workbooks to pick up at school too, so there would be no walking for peace and calm today. After, once I was home I had to get my little one ready for her remote school day and monitor the older one too. This new role of teacher/personal assistant you name it, I'm so overwhelmed and exhausted. I know I am not alone or have it 'worse' than anyone else, but this is my little space, so I have the right to express myself here. I found a few minutes when the girls got their lunch break to watch a short video and it made me think of @Wade W. Wilson right away. "How to overcome Childhood Emotional Neglect" by Kati Morton. Especially, when she says "Those who have suffered from emotional neglect, often don't even know that it is happening. That's because this type of neglect isn't overt, or intentional, and therefore can go unnoticed for years. Many parents who were emotionally neglectful, gave their children every material thing that they needed, and therefore from the outside, they can look like amazing parents, but if their child needs comforting or to talk something out, they just aren't there at all."

I can't wait for the school day to be done!

:emoji_two_hearts: Proud of myself for finding a way of making Teams work for my little one, on my own.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Give Thanks Every Day

[​IMG]

15. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 958: 09/11/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Life.

Last night, he gave me a nice trifecta, again it was a long day for me and after dealing with the kids/distance learning, I really do feel like I've been hit multiple times with a mack truck. Then, realizing what our eldest is doing/writing online, it's just really emotionally exhausting and we spoke about how helpless we feel. I'm tired, tired of everything.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Start A New Life", in this episode, Brendon Burchard talks with us about how to start a new life. Remember, never be afraid to start over, it's a chance to rebuild your life the wanted all along.

This morning, Wade was stuck at work, the little one's teacher sent a new schedule for the day (with new app logins, etc), so I had to skip my walk again in order to ensure everything goes right and as smooth as possible. I'm drained and it's not even noon yet. However, one positive, my client actually responded to me and sent me the correct tearsheets, something I didn't think he would ever get around to lol! woohoo.

I also want to take a moment to acknowledge 9/11. 19 years ago, I was in y Art class, in High School - it was the start of a typical day there for me at school. We were told to go face a window, pad, and pencil in hand; we were to draw a Cityscape. However when we looked out of that window we saw a huge burning hole in one of the twin towers... in total shock, panic, and disarray (is it a drunk pilot!? an airliner accident?! the radio says this, the news says that) - but then we stood there and witnessed the horror of a second plane; make an impact. As the day went on, we finally figured out; we were under attack. This day will forever be burned into my memory. As resilient as we are, as much time that passes, please -Never Forget- the many lives lost, families broken and always honor the men and women who ran towards the horror, so you had a chance to run from it. I hope everyone takes a moment to reflect today as we mark this 19th anniversary of a horrendous act against this country. So many innocent lives gone and many of our #NYC heroes who ran towards the scene ended up making the ultimate sacrifice; doing their jobs, trying to save others, something that, it seems, many have lost sight of. Remember them all and always hold them in your hearts.

:emoji_two_hearts: Drew breathe a little easier.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    How to Reignite Your Life

[​IMG]

kropo82 likes this.
  16. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 959: 09/12/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, Wade overate and felt horrible, so we moved straight to watching stuff, he took some medicine and began feeling better and said he still wanted to give me a hand a foot rub. I told him it wasn't necessary but he still did, which of course I appreciate, it really helps get me sleepy and calm my mind. Then he went to work and I went to bed, even slept half decently.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Properly Develop Your Emotional Maturity", in this episode, we learn how to properly develop our all-important emotional maturity. Remember, every time we allow someone to move us with anger, we teach them to be angry.

This morning, we actually got out!! FREEDOM! there was no homeschooling today, yippie!!!!!! lol, we listened to "How to Heal, Validate Yourself & Be Good Enough For You" an interview with Brittany Burgunder, on Women of Impact with Lisa Bilyeu. Brittany Burgunder is a Certified Professional Coach (C.P.C.) specializing in eating disorders and the author of Safety in Numbers: From 56 to 221 Pounds, My Battle with Eating Disorders -- A Memoir. They discussed why we lean on external validation to feel accepted, why real change takes time and effort, the question every woman should ask herself, how to find your own voice, how to differentiate between feeling lonely and needing to be alone, why you need to have a "why", how to avoid the trap of identity, the importance of doing scary things, tips for accepting yourself as you are, while still wanting to change, why labeling yourself is dangerous, why Brittany published her private journals after recovering from her eating disorders, and how to turn your rock bottom into your greatest strength. He also told me about the current book he is reading and why he believes I would enjoy it, I have to say I am so proud of him for getting through so many books, it's quite an accomplishment.

Gave my eldest some makeup as I told her about a photoshoot I wanted to do for her, she got super excited - which shocked me, Wade knows why. She sat down next to me, told me she was surprised I even had any makeup, and spent 10 minutes going through my bag and picking out some stuff she wanted to try. She is apparently really into watching those tutorial videos, which is news to me. Anyhow, I hope this helps with ... other stuff.

Later today, when Wade is up from his nap, we will do a photoshoot for her cosplay fun. Hopefully, today will be a drama-free day.

:emoji_two_hearts: Minor triggers that I was able to move through.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    How to Test Your Emotional Maturity

[​IMG]

17. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 960: 09/13/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, our eldest was super excited about something, and apparently I was more shocked about it than Wade. Although it is not something I care much about, I will have to do my best to keep it going and encouraging the very thing I was always against lol well, personally. However, I realize this is something that must be done. During the trifecta, Wade told me about the Simon Sinek book he began, I love seeing him light up, he is really into these books and is excited about it, which is just awesome and might I add a big difference compared to what use to excite him. We watched some tv and then had some fun later, it really is insane the difference between sex with connection versus sex without.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Why Showing Up Every Day Is Important To Your Success", in this episode, we learn why showing up every day is one of the most important habits you'll have to develop to experience success. Remember, much of the success you experience in life will come from simply showing up every day.

This morning, Wade went fishing with my dad, so I walked alone. During my walk, I continued listening to my book "Never Broken: Songs Are Only Half the Story" by Jewel (the singer). Finally, she got to some informative/bearable stuff. I really appreciated it when she went into betrayal (by her mom) but it can be applied toward anyone. At around page 300 (on Kindle) "Grieving the loss of the person I thought I knew. This step is unique to betrayal. I was in a relationship with a person who did not actually exist. I had to grieve the loss of the person I thought I knew first. There are lots of questions in this phase: Why? Why did it happen? Why me? Why did they do this to me? A need to understand it and how you could have been so wrong is very painful. It’s hard not to let your self-esteem become wrapped up in the equation. You must remember betrayal is not about you—it’s about the other person. It’s a crime to let their betrayal cause you to doubt your own goodness and worth".

After my walk, I called my eldest downstairs and took her to a store for some mother & daughter time, a shopping spree of sorts, with financial limits of course, but I'm letting her splurge a little. I'm hoping it pays off in many other ways. Fingers crossed @Wade W. Wilson ~~

Later in the afternoon, Wade's parents are coming over. They were here recently, but his mom wanted me to order some stuff for her, so she is eager to stop by and pick it up. I hope we have a drama-free lunch and the rest of the evening will go smoothly.

:emoji_two_hearts: No triggers during my walk.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    You Have to Show Up. Every. Day.

[​IMG]

18. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 961: 09/14/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Advil.

Last night, I FINALLY FINISHED the Jewel book Broken, phew!! he gave me a nice trifecta, it got me sleepy quick. Later on, there were some issues with our eldest, just as I was trying to fall asleep, Wade tried to handle her and ended up getting frustrated himself. That did end up waking me up a little. Then after I did finally fall asleep, it was short-lived because my gut/acid/heartburn decided to wake me up. Long story short, I barely slept - again.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Control Your Mind", in this episode, Les Brown gives us some great tips on how to control your mind. Remember, the price of discipline is always less than the pain of regret.

This morning, we skipped the walk because I had a doctors appointment, she drove me nuts during the appointment with a lot of small talk - all I wanted was to get in and out, quickly. Anyhow, I got the flu shot; just to be safe this season. Now we are home, it's back to 'remote learning' while Was went to his own appointment, I developed a massive headache too, got cramps, and just to add insult to injury, all I want to do is lay down and sleep - but, that's just not in the cards. These last few weeks have been so stressful/overwhelming for me, I feel like I am constantly at the cusp of a mental breakdown. Between my own health, weight, the kids, remote learning, my parents - it is just ugh, crazy that the one thing that isn't constantly depressing me is my marriage - who would have thought? unless there is a trigger, it has been the one silver lining/place to take a breath for me.

Oh yeah, and before we left for my appointment, we did start listening to "From Divorce to Pandemic: How to Deal with the Worst that Can Happen" an interview with Rachel Hollis, on Women of Impact with Lisa Bilyeu. Rachel Hollis, two-time #1 New York Times best-selling author of “Girl, Wash Your Face” and “Girl, Stop Apologizing,” discusses why holding onto your dream equates to holding onto your true-self, how her childhood trauma shaped her vivid imagination, the importance of specificity and details, why you should shake off the shame and not let criticism bring you down, and how people-pleasing may result in anxiety, depression, and the loss of your true authentic self. So far we heard them talk about navigating the dark seasons of life, “every single day, we decide who we are.”, when life crashes down all at once; Rachel speaks about holding onto the dream, “we should never teach from our wounds, we should only teach from our scars.”, she shares her story of how childhood trauma formed her vivid imagination, visualize and imagine. Rachel discusses how to leverage imagination to bridge the gap, the importance of details, and being specific. Rachel discusses, “What does that mean to me?”, “it’s not enough to know your why, if you don’t know how your ‘why’ manifests for you.”, approaching life as a business; Rachel discusses the lessons she applied to parenthood and shaking off shame; Rachel shares why criticism shouldn’t bring you down.

I need a break, a mental break.

:emoji_two_hearts: No triggers.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Let’s Talk Gratitude

[​IMG]

19. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 962: 09/15/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, he gave me a lovely trifecta and we decided to skip our talk because we spent a good amount of time talking with our eldest, and both needed to decompress. Just listening to soft piano Disney songs is really calming. Then we went to watch some TV before he had to head back out to work - after what felt like a really quick weekend.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to What It Means To Invest In Yourself", in this episode, we have a fantastic message on what it means to invest in yourself and why it is something you must do. Remember, make yourself a priority, because at the end of the day the investment you make you yourself is the most important investment of all.

This morning, we talked a little bit about his night, the book he is reading, and then we finished listening to "From Divorce to Pandemic: How to Deal with the Worst that Can Happen" an interview with Rachel Hollis, on Women of Impact with Lisa Bilyeu. Rachel Hollis, two-time #1 New York Times best-selling author of “Girl, Wash Your Face” and “Girl, Stop Apologizing,” discusses why holding onto your dream equates to holding onto your true-self, how her childhood trauma shaped her vivid imagination, the importance of specificity and details, why you should shake off the shame and not let criticism bring you down, and how people-pleasing may result in anxiety, depression, and the loss of your true authentic self. In conclusion, we heard them go over backlash while staying authentic; Rachel explores why some women feel they have the right to tell others how to live their life, turning the mirror towards critics and haters; Rachel explores what drives internet trolls, finding your release valve; Rachel explores the different ways you can release pressure, she discusses staying connected to what is serving your goals, addressing anxiety and depression; Rachel shares how people-pleasing can hold you back and pivoting in life; Rachel discusses how to adapt and lead during hard times.

Back to aiding the kiddos with remote learning. Can't wait till Wade is up, sigh, it's going to be a long day.

:emoji_two_hearts: No triggers on the walk.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Let’s Talk Gratitude

[​IMG]

20. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 963: 09/16/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Audible Site.

Last night, he gave me the trifecta, it was soothing, although next time I won't put a Disney mix, he gets way too distracted. Later, we watched our show and he left for work.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How Blindly Following Your Heart Can Lead To Unhappiness", in this episode, Freddy Fri talks to us about why following your heart is not always the best approach to living your life. Remember, follow your heart but take your brain with you.

This morning, he was going to be held up at work but then that changed, he told me he was going to be home at a certain time, so I had told my parents when to come - based on that. They came over a few mins earlier and once they stop by; I can no longer continue working on whatever I'm doing and I have to go and 'entertain' them. So, I'm sitting there, listening to my dad ramble on and on about Russian news and other crap, I notice it's almost time, I text Wade to let me know when he is driving up to our place, so I can meet him outside. He calls to let me know that he got distracted at work and was just leaving NOW. I got pissed off because he never sent me any update that he was going to be later, which is apart of his inconsiderate pattern of behavior that I am so 'over' already. This happens less, but when it does, it still pisses me off and he knows that, yet still continues to do it. Now, I was not in a good mood because on top of being triggered by his actions, I now had to sit there and continue listening to crap as I sat there waiting even longer. Had he told me earlier that he would be held up longer, I would have just told my parents to come over later and continued doing my own thing instead. Ugh. When he finally arrived, we went on our walk, I didn't feel like listening to anything, but I guess it was better than silence. We began listening to "Becoming a Beast Competitor in Work and Life" an interview with Hilary Swank, on Impact Theory with Tom Bilyeu. Two-time Academy Award winner Hilary Swank discusses strength, drive, and perseverance - how can we awaken these traits within us, ignite them to the fullest, and use them as a driving force towards reaching our goals and how each of us has the ability to persevere past hurdles in life, smash through walls, and reach new horizons. She shares what drives her work ethic that some describe as ‘legendary,’ the power of belief and a competitive mindset, why you should always be aiming, how the sharp edges of life shape us, how to overcome and master the mind, and where self-identity comes from. She shares how sports instilled a drive and ability to persevere, how her mom pushed her to work for what she wanted, the positives of taking on a competitive mindset, the constant state of reinventing oneself, why you should always be doing things that scare you, the story that led to the creation of The Hilaroo Foundation, why ‘empowering the underdog’ is her passion and her insane transformation during ‘Million Dollar Baby.’

Now I have to go help my little one with her busy work for the day.

:emoji_two_hearts: No triggers on the walk, at least.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Don't Follow Your Heart

[​IMG]