1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Jagliana's Journal | An S.O's perspective

Discussion in 'Significant Other Journals' started by Jagliana, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Psalm27:1my light

Psalm27:1my light Fapstronaut

2. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 978: 10/01/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:
    • My husband has been honest with me.
    • Daily talk with my husband.
    • Worked on Self-Care as defined here.
    • Currently Reading: Various
    • Current Daily Podcast: "7 Good Minutes"
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Dailies | Self-Care Completed:
    Self-care is not an indulgence. Self-care is a discipline.
    Morning routine / Verbalized my feelings
    Journal / Daily talk with hubby / Regulated my sleep.

Tony Robbins List of Basic Human Needs | Text explanation here / Sound.
    1. Certainty 2. Uncertainty/Variety 3. Significance 4. Connection/Love 5. Growth and 6. Contribution.

3 Things I am Grateful for Today:
    1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Our 1st Grade Teacher.

Last night, he gave me a back rub and after all the pain I was having, boy, was that a relief! Then we decided to go for some lighthearted humor and finished the night off with watching $hitts Creek.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Why You Must Get Comfortable Being Uncomfortable", in this episode, we listen in as Jordan Peterson explains why you must get comfortable being uncomfortable to continue growing throughout your life. Remember, great things never come from comfort zones.

This morning, we didn't have the opportunity to go out for our walk, which ended up being a good thing because our daughter's 1st-grade teacher went over the plan/schedule for Hybrid Learning, starting next week. I'm grateful to her because she is doing her best to make it a smooth transition, no matter how difficult the district is making it. It also gave Wade some time to work out his Veterans stuff as well. The rest of today should be pretty laid back... fingers crossed.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    For any PA's interested in having someone to talk to, check-in with, and a safe place to talk about all things recovery... my husband @Wade W. Wilson, who has been in real recovery for over two years now, has created a dedicated Facebook group [click here] and Discord channel for PA's, all are welcome to join and he is looking forward to getting to know and helping each of you. You can join the channel by clicking this link: https://discord.gg/gXPuU9q
    For SO's interested in having someone to talk to, check-in with, and a safe place to talk about all things healing and betrayal trauma... here is my Discord channel: https://discord.gg/XwhaBTg [this channel is for SO's ONLY, anyone there for malicious reasons will be removed].

What I liked about myself, today:
    (I am trying to find one positive thing to "like" about myself and make a mental note of it, every day. No matter how small or insignificant)
    :emoji_two_hearts: No triggers.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Go Into the Unknown and Grow Up!

[​IMG]
    Recovery Setback Dates | Inconsistencies or Lies
    5/25/18 | 6/08/18 | 8/18/18 | 9/19/18 | 1/09/19
    1/19/19 | 1/21/19 | 1/24/19 | 1/27/19 | 2/08/19
    4/27/19 | 6/13/19 | 7/06/19 | 8/05/19 | 2/08/20

Wade W. Wilson likes this.
  3. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 979: 10/02/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1. Certainty 2. Uncertainty/Variety 3. Significance 4. Connection/Love 5. Growth and 6. Contribution.

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Doctors.

Last night, I snapped at Wade because he went into his questioning loop -- about something he was going to do anyway. He knows how much this bothers me, especially when I am already highly stressed. He said he was sorry and let me cool off. We watched some $hitts Creek and then went to bed - however, I barely slept.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Make Yourself More Valuable", in this episode, Jim Rohn explains how to make yourself more valuable so that you can move further up the ladder of life. Remember, it's not what happens in your life that determines your future. It's what you do about what happens that determines your future.

This morning, after the hustle and bustle of school meetings, taking notes for the coming week, AND trying to get our little one in to see a doctor, by the time we could leave, there was no time to actually go for our walk. Instead, we just went to the supermarket and got some things. Luckily, we did find a doctor for our little one for later today. While Wade handles that, I will deal with making sure everything is ready for the week ahead.

I hope TONIGHT I can sit back, relax, and then eventually sleep at night.

For any PA's interested in having someone to talk to, check-in with, and a safe place to talk about all things recovery... my husband @Wade W. Wilson, who has been in real recovery for over two years now, has created a dedicated Facebook group [click here] and Discord channel for PA's, all are welcome to join and he is looking forward to getting to know and helping each of you. You can join the channel by clicking this link: https://discord.gg/gXPuU9q
    For SO's interested in having someone to talk to, check-in with, and a safe place to talk about all things healing and betrayal trauma... here is my Discord channel: https://discord.gg/XwhaBTg [this channel is for SO's ONLY, anyone there for malicious reasons will be removed].

(I am trying to find one positive thing to "like" about myself and make a mental note of it, every day. No matter how small or insignificant)
    :emoji_two_hearts: Minor trigger - got through it.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    "Break the HABIT of PROCRASTINATION!"

[​IMG]

4. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 930: 10/03/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Wade.

Last night, after a long-ass day, full of ups, downs, chaos, noise, and a few silver linings - he gave me a trifecta and that really helped. Then, we just had a few drinks, watched some TV, and called it a night.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Mindful Monday: How To Practice Mindfulness At Work", in this episode, we get some great tips on how to practice mindfulness even while you're at work. Remember, things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.

This morning, on the ride to/and from our shopping trip, we listened to "How to Know Whether it's Time to Move In or Move On" a Q&A, on Relationship Theory with Tom & Lisa Bilyeu. During this set, they discuss how moving in together can be one of the biggest steps you take in your relationship. When do you know it’s time to make the move, why might you or your partner have hesitations, and what should you do if your partner keeps making excuses to not do it? How these matters and more as they explore what you should do if moving in with your loved one is proving to be more difficult to make happen than first anticipated. They discuss what to do when they’re not ready for the move, why you should be logical and honest, why you should know whether it’s worth it or not to even be in the relationship, how to approach the move like a written contract, and why you need to be absolutely clear on what your needs are with your partner. There was a trigger at the store, it led to a lengthy conversation on the ride back. Then we bumped into a triggering neighbor as well.

Hoping for an uneventful day today.

:emoji_two_hearts: My hair looks full of volume and shine today.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Mindfulness at Work - How to be Mindful at Work Tips

[​IMG]

5. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 931: 10/04/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Family Time.

Last night, there was no trifecta, instead, we played some of our MMO then watched some TV before heading to bed.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Be Happy Every Day", in this episode, MotiationHub explains how to live a happier life every day. Remember, you cannot be happy unless you truly accept and love yourself.

This morning, we took the kids to the mall again and gave our eldest what she wanted, VR, and lunch at Johnny Rockets. The girls had a good time, which was the goal. There were a few triggers here and there for me, but - it is, what it is.

:emoji_two_hearts: Liked how my outfit came together.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    How to Be Happy: 6 Ways To Be Happy Every Day

[​IMG]

6. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 932: 10/05/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, he gave me a lovely trifecta, it was soothing as usual. We took a break from the game and relaxed by watching some TV. There was a scene where they were watching P (unexpected) and I got nervous, but Wade said that it didn't trigger him or even give him any sort of feeling. I sure hope so.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Rules For Success In Life And Business", in this episode, Mel Robbins talks about how to have more success in both life and business. Remember, don't expect to have things change if you don't make changes.

This morning, we began listening to "The DANGERS OF FAME If You're Not Careful" an interview with Paris Hilton, on The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes. Paris Hilton wears many hats. She’s the great-granddaughter of Conrad Hilton, the founder of Hilton Hotels, and the heiress of the Hilton empire. She’s also a businesswoman in her own right. With over a dozen product lines, 50 boutiques worldwide, a resort hotel, and a $3 billion perfume line, she’s the definition of business success. But for all her other success, Paris is probably best known as the original social media influencer. For much of her adult life, Paris has worn a carefully crafted public persona. She’s known as a “dumb blonde party girl,” and she’s played that character in a long list of reality TV shows, movies, and internet platforms. It’s sad to say, but Paris’ public persona is just that: a persona. Before her days of stardom — before her modeling career, business success, and reality TV stardom — Paris Hilton attended boarding school. There, she was subjected to verbal, physical, and emotional abuse. When she finally escaped that situation, she felt the need to hide. So, she carefully crafted a mask. She hid behind the “dumb partying heiress” character for many years, all the while wishing she could show the world who she really is. Now, she’s doing just that. 'This Is Paris' is different from any other project Paris has been a part of. It’s raw, honest, and real. It gives audiences the opportunity to see Paris as she truly is. In this interview, she talks about her childhood trauma and how it’s shaped the person Paris is today. So, far we feel she is being a bit inauthentic, but I guess we will see how this interview ends tomorrow.

#Video
    Mel Robbins' INSANE MOTIVATION COMPILATION

[​IMG]

7. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 933: 10/06/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, he gave me a lovely hand and foot rub, lovely as ever and so needed. Then we watched some TV and we tried to decompress from the really overwhelming and exhausting day we had.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Develop Habits That Change Your Life For The Better", in this episode, we learn how to develop habits that change your life for the better. Remember, old habits never open new doors.

This morning, we listened to "Why You Shouldn't Let Family Pressure Control Who You Love" a Q&A, on Relationship Theory with Tom & Lisa Bilyeu. During this set, they discuss how when it comes to love, it’s absolutely crucial that you are in control of your life’s decisions and are keeping your own best interest in mind. Too often we let external forces dictate our love lives and we never stop to ask ourselves, “What is it that I actually want?”, what to do if your parents, friends, or family are pressuring your decisions related to love and why you should feel empowered to not shy away from what it is you actually want. They discuss why you should disregard societal pressures, why you need to take control of your own life’s decisions, how to follow your own internal compass and the importance of knowing what it is that you truly want.

We got our little one through all of her assignments for today, so now I am just hoping to have a calm day today. Once the eldest is done, if we are all in the mood for it, perhaps we'll play a board game before dinner.

#Video
    Habit You MUST Acquire - Keystone Habit

[​IMG]

8. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 934: 10/07/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, he gave me a soothing trifecta, it was good for my aches and pains. Then we watched some TV before turning in early, we haven't had the energy to stay up, these days have felt so exhausting and overwhelming, for everyone I guess.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to You Are The Gift You've Been Seeking", in this episode, Freddy Fri reminds us that you are the gift you've been seeking. Remember, Do not let the words or actions of others destroy your inner peace.

This morning, after a rough start, especially between Wade and our eldest... we finally got around to walking. During our walk, we began listening to "How Good Intentions & Bad Ideas Are Leading Us To Failure" on Impact Theory with Tom Bilyeu. Social psychologist Jonathan Haidt researches moral psychology to help us understand ourselves and our world better. He is an expert on how we create webs of meaning that allow us to speak a common language, build institutions, and create functioning societies. And right now we may need his voice more than ever, as our webs of meaning seem to be in conflict with each other or slowly disintegrating. he explains why we need to lead with empathy, how to persuade people who have staked out very different positions from yours, and how to invite disconfirming evidence into your life. So far, we heard them discuss why are we 90% chimps and 10% bees, he suggests a definition of morality, religion, and spirituality, mind-opening experiences, the “hive switch”, the group experience of religion and morality, the power of connection and group interaction, the problems with social media and how they developed and some webs of meaning so powerful that they spread so fast. It's been interesting.

Now, back to dealing with our kids... especially our eldest, which has been getting more and more difficult.

#Video
    You Are The Greatest Gift Of All

[​IMG]

9. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 935: 10/08/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, we watched the VP debate, and well, the fly stole the show LOL. Anyhow, it was entertaining for just Kamala's facial expression, haha, but of course not as entertaining as the dumpster fire debate the first Presidential one was.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Avoid The Pitfalls of Being An Overachiever", in this episode, we learn about the pitfalls of being an overachiever and how we can avoid them. Remember, who you are tomorrow begins with what you do today.

This morning, during our walk, we continued listening to "How Good Intentions & Bad Ideas Are Leading Us To Failure" on Impact Theory with Tom Bilyeu. Social psychologist Jonathan Haidt researches moral psychology to help us understand ourselves and our world better. Today we heard them discuss to what extent political affiliation is genetic and the disturbing trend towards conformity in political thought. It was shortlived though because we've been dealing with a super shady computer repair guy, so much nonsense, so we spent a lot of the time talking about that.

Today Wade got some good news and now we can watch some of the NYCC live on YouTube!

:emoji_two_hearts: The excitement I got with Wade's news.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Why You Don't Need to Be Exceptional

[​IMG]

10. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 936: 10/09/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, as we were dealing with continued PC issues, we didn't have too much time left. So, we went to watch some TV and then headed to bed. Although the girls had their first day back to school and we did have a bit of a break, the noise throughout the day between everyone left us really drained.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Avoid Living A Life of Mediocrity", in this episode, we learn how to avoid living a life of mediocrity. Remember, the difference between mediocrity and excellence is often a matter of effort.

This morning, during our walk, we continued listening to "How Good Intentions & Bad Ideas Are Leading Us To Failure" on Impact Theory with Tom Bilyeu. Social psychologist Jonathan Haidt researches moral psychology to help us understand ourselves and our world better. Today we heard them discuss changing American attitudes towards race, how hard it is to lead with empathy, trying many approaches to dealing with problems like racism, how do we constructively discuss difficult topics, why we have to get people to focus on similarities and his experience with psychedelics. There were a few triggers during our walk and that led to a lengthy chat on our car ride back, we both made our usual arguments so I won't go into all of that again. Once we got home, we ate and watched some TV, and hopefully will make good use of the rest of the free time we have.

:emoji_two_hearts: How my hair flowed.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Why Most People Will Remain in Mediocrity

[​IMG]

11. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 937: 10/10/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, he gave me an extended trifecta which was lovely, it really helped ease my mental state - after a really mentally exhausting day. Then we watched some TV before heading to bed, but not before having some fun in between.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to The Benefits of Meditation", in this episode, Jordan Peterson talks about the many benefits that come from meditating and why everyone should consider practicing meditation. Remember, suffering is not holding you, you are holding suffering.

This morning, during our walk, we continued listening to "How Good Intentions & Bad Ideas Are Leading Us To Failure" on Impact Theory with Tom Bilyeu. Social psychologist Jonathan Haidt researches moral psychology to help us understand ourselves and our world better. Today we heard them discuss how to invite disconfirming evidence into your life--How do you know you’re right and how we need to find a way to speak a common language in our post-Babel Age. This was a long but good interview, very intellectually fulfilling, unlike some of the ones in recent days.

Later, Wade's parents are stopping by, I hope that goes well and calmly.

:emoji_two_hearts: No triggers during our walk, phew.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    The reason why you and I should meditate

[​IMG]

Vizsla Dad and Wade W. Wilson like this.
  12. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 938: 10/11/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, yesterday we skipped the trifecta and spent the night playing our video game and then watching some TV before heading to bed.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Develop Your Self Discipline", in this episode, we get a great message on how to develop your self-discipline. Remember, success starts with self-discipline.

This morning, we listened to "How to Know if You're Ready For a Relationship" a Q&A, on Relationship Theory with Tom & Lisa Bilyeu. During this set, they discuss how do you know if you’re ready for your next relationship? Perhaps your past has left you in fear and apprehensive about falling in love again? they explore the process of entering a new relationship, falling in love again, and how to learn from your past relationships to strengthen your next one. They discuss how love should drive your decision, how to address concerns going into your next relationship, how to heal from heartbreak, and how to own up to your past mistakes so that your next relationship isn’t riddled with them. This was an interesting one, especially when Tom said that he believes he would hurt but mentally be able to 'move on' from a betrayal. However, I disagree because he is giving this opinion from a safe space without any fear. Now, if after all this openness, love, communication, honesty, and safety with Lisa, he suddenly found out that all this time (20 years) she has been having an affair on the side - while he was under the impression that they were all in - he would be devastated beyond belief, that sort of shock/betrayal is not something he would be able to move on from, no matter how much he believes so (from his position of safety and security atm). That's my opinion though, as someone who has been betrayal and lost all sense of that safety and security. This one opened up a good conversation for Wade and myself.

Hoping for a drama-free, peaceful day.

#Video
    12 Tips to Build Unbreakable Self-Discipline

[​IMG]

13. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 939: 10/12/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Wade.

Last night, we had a long talk with our eldest, yet again, it seems like she comes up with something new to test our patience with. I am so happy Wade and I have each other to get through all this. Then he gave me a quick trifecta but it was wonderful and helped my stress deescalate a bit, from the earlier conversation.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Achieve More By Completing Micro-projects", in this episode, The Art of Improvement shares a great message on how to achieve more by breaking big goals into small micro-projects. Remember, you are what you do. Not what you say you'll do.

This morning, it was really nasty out, my body was aching and both of us were feeling like crap. So, we decided to run an errand instead, to still give ourselves an hour of reprieve from all of the chaos.

:emoji_two_hearts: No triggers at the store.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    To Do Big Things, Take on Microprojects

[​IMG]

14. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 940: 10/13/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Drive.

Last night, he gave me a lovely trifecta. As I have been mentioning - our eldest has been really testing our patience, so anything to distract from all of that drama - is just heaven sometimes. Then we watched some tv before heading to bed.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to 10 Things Confident People Simply Never Do", in this episode, we learn about 10 things confident people simply never do. Remember, when you start seeing your worth, you'll find it hard to be around people who don't.

This morning, after a rocky start with our eldest; yet again... we went running an errand while my parents sat with the girls. It was good because Wade needed to get out of the house lol. We were able to rant to each other the whole way through and strategize a little as to what to do with her/how to handle her going forward. Then at Costco, I did get triggered, nothing new there. I'm tired, tired of everything between these triggers and issues with our daughter, I'm feeling very defeated - constantly.

:emoji_two_hearts: How my hair looked today.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    10 Things Confident People NEVER Do

[​IMG]

15. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 941: 10/14/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Freedom.

Last night, our game had a pre-patch launch and we wasted so much time dealing with all of the glitches. After wasting some time, we went to watch TV while he gave me a lovely hand and foot rub. We began watching a great new documentary "Totally Under Control".

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Developing A New And Better Mindset", in this episode, Freddy Fri has an inspiring message for us on developing a new and better mindset. Remember, a mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open.

This morning, on the ride to/and from our shopping trip, we listened to "How to Build Trust in Your Relationship" a Q&A, on Relationship Theory with Tom & Lisa Bilyeu. During this set, they discuss how love, trust, and the ever-growing connection between you and your partner. Are you focusing on these positive parts of your relationship, or are you letting anxiety, worry, and insecurity plant seeds of doubt and consume your mind? they explore how to deal with insecurities, worry, and anxiety that stems from the possibility of your partner cheating. They discuss how to overcome such negative feelings, steps you can take to confront your own insecurity, the best parts of love, why someone might cheat, and how to become emotionally sober. Again, as with the last episode as much as we agree with Tom and Lisa's perspective on many relationship goals. When it comes to understanding living in fear/mistrust after betrayal or living through constantly feeling 'not enough' with a partner who has wandering eyes... they, well, can not speak to it - as both of them are giving their opinions from guesses at best since they are speaking from the comfort of relationship confidence, safety, and security. Unlike, someone who has been through the wringer. Anyhow, it opened up a vast conversation, much like others we've had - which is always good. Wade knows how much I want to believe everything he is saying (about how he sees me versus others, how he is antifragile - like I have always been) with all of my heart and mind, but my fear and history really hinders all of that and gives me so many horrible triggers. This is a though web to weave, I want it more than anything, but knowing what I have witnessed, it just makes it seem like the 'now' is too good to be true and it will eventually all come crashing down.

Hoping for a lax day.

:emoji_two_hearts: No major triggers today.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Meet The New You

[​IMG]

16. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 942: 10/15/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, he gave me the trifecta, which was nice. Our conversation about our eldest continued, his sense of disconnection from her and just her recent outburst and whether or not she is authentic or just playing for an audience, it is getting more difficult to find a distinction. Then we continued watching "Totally Under Control", what a phenomenal, surreal and depressing documentary of our times. Then, Wade left for work. In the middle of the night, I checked my phone (bad, I know) and saw he was going to be delayed at work, throwing my day off completely and that caused me so much stress that I barely got any sleep.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Be More In Touch With Your Feelings", in this episode, we get some excellent tips on how to be more in touch with our feelings and emotions. Remember, feelings are just visitors, let them come and go.

This morning, during my walk, I continued listening to the book "Start with Why" by Simon Sinek. The walk was much needed, although it was a bit too chilly for my taste - like humid but chilly, an odd yet annoying mix - like everything else I am dealing with. Wade got out a little earlier and was able to pick me up, I had cooled off a bit by then. I know his job is out of his control, just as my emotions/reactions are - however, it is what it is because those feelings are still real at the moment.

At least now, I have a few hours of silence ** fingers crossed.

:emoji_two_hearts: At least, there were no triggers on my walk.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    On Being Out of Touch With One's Feelings

[​IMG]

17. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 943: 10/16/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Ride.

Last night, he gave me a wonderful trifecta although, it was difficult to enjoy it as much as usual due to my acid reflux? GERD? who knows but it was horrible all night. We talked some more about our daughter and then watched some tv, before he had to go to work.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to 7 Habits To Adopt For A More Productive Day", in this episode, Brian Tracy gives his 7 habits you can adopt to have a more productive day. Remember, failure is not something that deserves to be feared.

This morning, the weather was shitty, I was still dealing with the after-effects of whatever the hell was happening within my body last night, so we decided to just drop the kids off at school and go home. We talked about my interesting morning with our eldest's drama and the conversation he had at work with a coworker.

Now I have to get back to work and finish destroying my back, hour by hour lol

#Video
    7 Bad Habits That Are Destroying Your Productivity

[​IMG]

18. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 944: 10/17/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, my back was destroyed after working behind the desk all day, and my acid attacks the night before. His trifecta really hit the spot. After watching both Town Halls, we needed to just relax and decompress by watching Schitts Creek, before he headed out to work.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Be More Mindful By Not Trying To Be Mindful", in this episode, we hear about how to be more mindful by not focusing on being mindful. Remember, you cannot stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.

This morning, during our walk, we listened to "How to Overcome Resentment Towards Your Partner When They Have it Easier in Life" a Q&A, on Relationship Theory with Tom & Lisa Bilyeu. During this set, they discuss how resentment, comparison, and our partner’s life circumstances versus our own. What do we do when our situation in life seems overwhelmingly harder than our partner’s and how do we deal with resentment in a healthy way. They address resentment towards your partner in a relationship and how to overcome such feelings in a positive-healthy way. They discuss why we compare ourselves to our partner, why we need to take ownership of our life’s decisions, why resentment is just the projection of our own insecurities, and why we need to shift our focus back towards ourselves rather than onto others. Both of us agree that the person who submitted their question must have more 'there-there' beneath the surface, to be so jealous/resentful of her boyfriend (one she claims to want to marry). So, as usual, it gave us a lot to discuss, which is always nice - not that we don't have plenty of our own stuff to hash through these days!! LOL I guess it provides a nice mental break from our own issues.

Now it is back to work for me, can't wait until Wade is up!~

:emoji_two_hearts: No triggers during the walk.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Don’t try to be mindful

[​IMG]

19. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 945: 10/18/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, he gave me a trifecta, and omg, my whole back was radiating from pain and this helped move it around through focusing on pressure points. Then we watched some more $hitts Creek, I am really glad he got into it, this show has been a small relief/joyful in such a depressing, overwhelming, and complicated situation.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Make Improvements In Your Life Quickly", in this episode, Better Ideas share some great insight on how to make improvements in your life quickly. Remember, you will never be ready for what you have to do. You do it, and that is what makes you ready.

This morning, I began watching on my own, but Wade was interested in it, so we listened to it together on our walk, "The Trump And Biden Town Halls" by Pod Save America. This is a new podcast I recently discovered, I'm glad I did - they remind me of David Pakman just with cursing lol, also very well informed, smart and witty. In this episode, Jon Favreau and Dan Pfeiffer break down Donald Trump's answers on coronavirus, Q-anon, Seal Team 6, and more. We didn't finish, we still have to hear them review Biden's town hall and I am interested in hearing their opinions on that.

I caught up with my work that was due tomorrow, then my other client sent me something to work on lol - so much for having some downtime. Then, I received an e-mail from my eldest's Science teacher about a lab project due tomorrow, come to find out she didn't even start. So, WW2 ensued because I am at my wit's end. She completed everything, that I am aware of. I also e-mailed all of her teachers, one by one to get an update on where she is at with all of her work. I am exhausted - I want to run away and hide somewhere.

:emoji_two_hearts: My hair looks fly.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    The mindset that will (quickly) improve your life

[​IMG]

20. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 946: 10/19/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Wade's Vacation.

Last night, we played our MMO, these days even playing video games together just feels different, connected - when in the past it was a good way for us to tune each other out. Then we took a break to get a few laughs in with $hitts Creek, shortly he left for work.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Keys To Overcoming A Messed Up Childhood", in this episode, The School of Life talks about the keys to overcoming a messed-up childhood. Remember, trauma is a fact of life, it does not, however, have to be a life sentence.

This morning, I was happy that Wade's vacation officially begun, but it also reminded me that this would have been the week that we would have begun packing and getting ready to set sail... but due to COVID, we are not. Anyhow, during our walk, we were going to finish listening to the town hall reviews, but we began talking, first about my dad and then about an interesting discussion Wade had with some coworkers. He has been pretty unafraid and open about his recovery and from what -- at work, which I give him a lot of credit for, I don't think I would be able to do it. He spoke to one of them last week and this guy actually decided to try not "PM"ing to see if he has a 'problem' and he is having withdrawal symptoms, so... ya know. That coworker's brother was there too and Wade tried enlightening them on all of this, but then ended it was "we love PM too much to give it up", meanwhile one of their wives is at the point where she makes excuses not to have sex and even tells him "go take care of yourself" - that alone tells me enough about where they are at as a couple, I know that loneliness, disconnection and lack of care all too well. In any event, I'm proud of him for trying to get the message out and trying to help others, I'm also glad that nothing they were bringing up triggered him.

The little one's schoolwork is done for the day. Now I have to monitor the eldest.

We'll see if my client sends me the rest of the work today, I hope not because I want my back to get a longer break lol.

:emoji_two_hearts: No triggers on my walk.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    How A Messed Up Childhood Affects You In Adulthood

[​IMG]

BreakingDawn and Wade W. Wilson like this.