1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Jagliana's Journal | An S.O's perspective

Discussion in 'Significant Other Journals' started by Jagliana, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 947: 10/20/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:
    • My husband has been honest with me.
    • Daily talk with my husband.
    • Worked on Self-Care as defined here.
    • Currently Reading: Various
    • Current Daily Podcast: "7 Good Minutes"
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Dailies | Self-Care Completed:
    Self-care is not an indulgence. Self-care is a discipline.
    Morning routine / Verbalized my feelings
    Journal / Daily talk with hubby / Regulated my sleep.

Tony Robbins List of Basic Human Needs | Text explanation here / Sound.
    1. Certainty 2. Uncertainty/Variety 3. Significance 4. Connection/Love 5. Growth and 6. Contribution.

3 Things I am Grateful for Today:
    1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, we played our game, but our mind was elsewhere. Our eldest again seems like one of the only topics of the day for us. We skipped everything else, watched some TV, and headed to bed - all of those tasks seemed so difficult when we were so distracted and annoyed.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Make A Commitment To Yourself To Stop Wasting Time", in this episode, you hear a message on why it's important to make a commitment to yourself to stop wasting time. Remember, commitment shows up in your life in what you do.

This morning, we quickly ran a few errands - after a difficult, stern talk with my eldest this morning. So, yet again she was the topic of the day. I won't go into details but Wade knows. I'm so TIRED OF IT ALL.

I just had another quick chat with her and I feel as though I ran 10 miles in 99-degree weather.

Okay, time to go work.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    For any PA's interested in having someone to talk to, check-in with, and a safe place to talk about all things recovery... my husband @Wade W. Wilson, who has been in real recovery for over two years now, has created a dedicated Facebook group [click here] and Discord channel for PA's, all are welcome to join and he is looking forward to getting to know and helping each of you. You can join the channel by clicking this link: https://discord.gg/gXPuU9q
    For SO's interested in having someone to talk to, check-in with, and a safe place to talk about all things healing and betrayal trauma... here is my Discord channel: https://discord.gg/XwhaBTg [this channel is for SO's ONLY, anyone there for malicious reasons will be removed].

What I liked about myself, today:
    (I am trying to find one positive thing to "like" about myself and make a mental note of it, every day. No matter how small or insignificant)
    :emoji_two_hearts: Multitasking and not falling apart.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    STOP WASTING TIME And Make A Commitment To Yourself

[​IMG]
    Recovery Setback Dates | Inconsistencies or Lies
    5/25/18 | 6/08/18 | 8/18/18 | 9/19/18 | 1/09/19
    1/19/19 | 1/21/19 | 1/24/19 | 1/27/19 | 2/08/19
    4/27/19 | 6/13/19 | 7/06/19 | 8/05/19 | 2/08/20

Wade W. Wilson likes this.
  2. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 948: 10/21/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1. Certainty 2. Uncertainty/Variety 3. Significance 4. Connection/Love 5. Growth and 6. Contribution.

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning with Wade.

Last night, after a long day - we both got a lot done in our respective ways, but we were tired. He still gave me the trifecta which helped with my pain so much. Then to cap off the night, we watched a little TV and went to bed.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Giving Up Is Not An Option", in this episode, Freddy Fri reminds us that when it comes to our goals giving up is not an option. Remember, if you quit on the process, you are quitting on the result.

This morning, we listened to "How to Communicate With Your Partner When Your Needs Aren't Being Met" a Q&A, on Relationship Theory with Tom & Lisa Bilyeu. During this set, they discuss how; if you sensing a disconnection between you and your partner? Have you communicated to them your needs in a clear and reasonable way but they still aren’t being met, what to do when, despite clear communication, your partner still isn’t putting in the extra effort to meet your needs. They discuss how to maintain a connection with your partner through texting, why respecting needs is critical in a relationship, how to negotiate so everyone’s needs are met, the feeling of guilt over not meeting your partner’s needs, and the power of honesty in a relationship. Both of us agreed that Lisa tries too hard sometimes to get a word in, just for the sake of doing so. She ended up invalidating an entire point Tom was making, where he ends up looking like a liar lol. It was so off, he called her out on it and I think it actually showed him that for all the effort he put it, she's been ignoring his gestures, ouch. We also had a nice funny moment about people who don't know their sizes, that was fun and cute. My dad is annoyed with me too, for honesty - oh well.

Anyhow, back to work! hoping for less on my plate today.

For any PA's interested in having someone to talk to, check-in with, and a safe place to talk about all things recovery... my husband @Wade W. Wilson, who has been in real recovery for over two years now, has created a dedicated Facebook group [click here] and Discord channel for PA's, all are welcome to join and he is looking forward to getting to know and helping each of you. You can join the channel by clicking this link: https://discord.gg/gXPuU9q
    For SO's interested in having someone to talk to, check-in with, and a safe place to talk about all things healing and betrayal trauma... here is my Discord channel: https://discord.gg/XwhaBTg [this channel is for SO's ONLY, anyone there for malicious reasons will be removed].

(I am trying to find one positive thing to "like" about myself and make a mental note of it, every day. No matter how small or insignificant)
    :emoji_two_hearts: No triggers.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Never Give Up On Your Dreams Go Harder

[​IMG]

3. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 949: 10/22/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, he gave me a nice back rub, it helped my ailing back. Then we went and watched some tv, $hitts Creek, because we need the laughs and can not focus on any serious shows atm.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Challenge Yourself To Grow", in this episode, Jim Rohn talks about how to continually challenge yourself to grow. Remember, don't wish things were easier, wish you were better.

This morning, after dropping off the girls at school, we had planned to listen to something during our walk, but after the rough morning we had with our eldest - yet again, we just continued venting to each other about that. We are so lucky that we have each other now and have the freedom to be as brutally honest as we would be within our own minds - without the risk of judgment from the other.

Okay, back to work - tonight is the final debate, we have popcorn and drinks ready, woohoo.

:emoji_two_hearts: No triggers on the walk.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    STOP QUITTING: STICK TO YOUR GOALS

[​IMG]

4. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 950: 10/23/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, he gave me a nice back rub before we headed out to enjoy our entertainment for the evening - the final Presidental debate, and boy did it deliver. I haven't laughed this much since the last debate, watching the leader of the free world trying to construct a single, sound sentence is amusing on its own merit but some of the "factoids" he was spewing, man, entertaining, to say the least. I really wish someone would have followed up and asked him how wind kills birds.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Quit Procrastinating And Get More Done", in this episode, we get several great tips on how to stop procrastinating. Remember, continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection

This morning, we began listening to "STOP WASTING Your Time & AVOID These RED FLAGS In A Relationship" with Lily Collins on ON Purpose with Jay Shetty. Lily Collins is an English-American actress, model, writer, and producer. She appeared in leading roles in the sci-fi action-horror film Priest (2011) and the fantasy Mirror Mirror (2012) in the role of Snow White. She starred as Fantine in the BBC miniseries adaptation of Les Misérables (2018–2019), and in 2019 appeared in two biographical films, the Netflix drama Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile, and as Edith Tolkien in Tolkien. So far, they've discussed how not to waste your time and energy with toxic relationships, how to spot the characteristics of a good relationship so you can weed out bad relationships from your life, how she identified the red flags after she left and turned the negative experience into a roadmap of what she wanted in a healthy relationship, her memories of growing up in the UK, toxic relationships, self-esteem, the difference between a healthy and a toxic relationship, navigating post-traumatic stress, meditation, Lily’s most inspiring role, and the danger of comparison. I found a lot of myself in her struggles with her past toxic relationship, in comparison to how it was when Wade was in active addiction, he noticed that as well. It was a good walk and listen, finally some peace!

Now, it is time to watch the new Borat movie!!!!! WOOT. Ciao!

:emoji_two_hearts: No triggers on the walk.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Stuck In Mediocrity: How to Break Away From Procrastination

[​IMG]

5. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 951: 10/24/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, Wade had an intense debate with my dad, a toxic one I might add and I've told him so many times - do not engage - but he still does and only aggravates himself. After we were home, he gave me the trifecta and it felt really good especially after the long work week I had, my body really felt the toll that had taken. Then we watch some TV and went to bed early.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to 30 Second Mindfulness Practice For Less Stressful Living", in this episode, we hear a 30-second mindfulness practice technique that will help lead to lead to less stressful living. Remember, it's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it.

This morning, we listened to "Final Biden vs. Trump Debate Recap" by Pod Save America. They broke it all down in a very well informed, smart, and witty way - just the way we like it. We walked as we listened, then ran some errands and got what we needed for our girl's upcoming birthday celebrations.

Tomorrow our eldest turns 13, may the odds be ever in our favor.
    [​IMG]

:emoji_two_hearts: A lot of triggers today, tried to move through them as best as I could.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    30 seconds to mindfulness

[​IMG]

6. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 952: 10/25/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, Wade dolled me up (colored and blew out my hair) I felt so pampered lol. Then, we ended up having an impromptu conversation with our eldest, one that wasn't a forced lecture after an argument but it was natural and more friend-like, which is how I'd prefer them all to be. It went well, I think. Then we went to bed and finally... had some us time, which was a long time coming lol.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to The Most Important Life Skill That Is Not Being Taught", in this episode, we learn about one of the most important life skills not being taught or even talked about. Remember, silence and solitude are the souls' best friends.

This morning, we finished listening to "STOP WASTING Your Time & AVOID These RED FLAGS In A Relationship" with Lily Collins on ON Purpose with Jay Shetty. Lily Collins is an English-American actress, model, writer, and producer. She appeared in leading roles in the sci-fi action-horror film Priest (2011) and the fantasy Mirror Mirror (2012) in the role of Snow White. She starred as Fantine in the BBC miniseries adaptation of Les Misérables (2018–2019), and in 2019 appeared in two biographical films, the Netflix drama Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile, and as Edith Tolkien in Tolkien. They've discussed what it was like playing the role of Emily in Emily of Paris and she answers Jay's final five questions.

We went and picked up some preordered balloons for our eldest, she turns 13 today - lord help us! I hope for a happy, peaceful, and drama-free day full of fun and celebration. I think she really liked her gift, although ironically after pushing this idea on Wade and myself, she didn't recognize the symbolism in it herself until we pointed it out... anyhow.

Now it is time to have fun!

:emoji_two_hearts: LOVE my hair today.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    The Most Important Skill Nobody Taught You

[​IMG]

7. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 953: 10/26/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, he gave me a lovely trifecta, soothing as ever. Then we had another chat with our eldest. We believe she ended up having a good birthday, we tried our best to make sure she had a pleasant and happy day. Then, we back to our own happy place - watching Shitt$ Creek.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Improve Your Self-Confidence", in this episode, you'll learn how to improve your self-confidence. Remember, confidence is not they will like me, confidence is I'll be fine even if they don't.

This morning, we listened to "How to Identify a Pattern of Betrayal & What to Do to End It" a Q&A, on Relationship Theory with Tom & Lisa Bilyeu. During this set, they discuss if your partner has betrayed your trust, time, and time again to the point where it is becoming an exhausting pattern of behavior - do you struggle being able to walk away from the relationship due to the time and level of commitment you both have put in? Whether it’s time to end the relationship altogether or to take big steps towards fixing the underlying problems, something has to change for the pattern to be broken. They explore what to do when your partner has a pattern of betraying your trust and when to know it's time to fight for them versus when it’s time to walk away. They discuss what to look for when establishing trust, the commitments you need to see to begin trusting again, why you need to know your self-worth, the importance of knowing why they have a pattern of betraying you, and actions you can take as a couple to work through the pain and begin moving towards positive results and a process of healing. We really enjoyed this walk and this listen, it opened a good discussion for us. A great quote/takeaway from it was when Tom said “Don’t trust what somebody says, don’t even trust what they do, but always, always trust a pattern.”

Tomorrow is our little one's 6th birthday, she wants a pizza party and everyone has to wear a birthday hat, including Wade! haha. Fun times.

:emoji_two_hearts: Minor trigger but got through it.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Use This 5 SECOND RULE To CHANGE YOUR LIFE For The Better!

[​IMG]

8. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 954: 10/27/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, he gave me a lovely hand and foot rub as we watched some funny tv, we need the downtime.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to What It Takes To Win In Life And Business", in this episode, Art Williams talks about what it takes to win in life and business, in his famous Just Do It speech. Remember, anything you can think of with your mind you can do.

This morning, we gave our little one her birthday gifts and she lit up like the ray of sunshine that she is, it was so adorable and such a joy for us. Then, when we went to pick up her balloons, we listened to "How to Balance Your Relationship with Your Career Goals" a Q&A, on Relationship Theory with Tom & Lisa Bilyeu. During this set, they discuss entrepreneurship, business, and relationships. What should we be prioritizing most, why does it feel that they are always in conflict with one another, and how can we maintain a healthy relationship while still pursuing our goals, how to maintain a healthy relationship while still putting in the time and effort to pursue your big goals. They discuss the balance needed in every relationship, how to make time for your partner, the importance of prioritizing in a relationship, and how to manage your relationship when it conflicts with business. This one was not as good as the others, we've heard them talk about similar stuff before and it is not as relatable for us in particular. However, it still gave us a little to discuss. After a fairly good morning, there was a trigger out of nowhere, right as we were heading home from our errands - which sucked.

My clients needed some last-minute changes, so I'll be doing that - as the kiddos finish up there remote school day, then we will have that fun little pizza party to celebrate our little one's 6th birthday, we wish her all the best! <3

:emoji_two_hearts: Hair still looking fly.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    JUST DO IT SPEECH!

[​IMG]

9. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 955: 10/28/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Little One.

Last night, he gave me a love trifecta, what a relief after that rush job that again destroyed my back. Our little one really enjoyed her special day and seeing her light up like that made our day so much. Then finishing it off with some comedy was a great end to a fairly good day.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Love Yourself Better", in this episode, Freddy Fri talks with us about how to love yourself better. Remember, to be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment of all.

This morning, our little one's teacher put together a virtual Halloween party, it was adorable - so we stayed home, the weather was horrible anyway. We didn't do much of anything else, I appreciate Wade going out in this crap and getting me my latest craving the Starbucks Tea refresher with real fruit, omg so delicious!! YUM. I'm annoyed that my client just refuses to send a simple follow up confirmation e-mail to let me know if they are satisfied with the work received or not, it's something so simple, but I guess not for everyone UGH... anyhow.

Not much to say today, hoping for a quiet and uneventful day.

:emoji_two_hearts: Not shaming myself about splurging on junk food today.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Cherish Your Life " Daily Motivation Dose!

[​IMG]

10. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 956: 10/29/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, Wade gave me a lovely hand and foot rub. He felt shame/guilt for not giving me a backrub, but I keep telling him - it is not a big deal, I hope it goes through at some point. I don't expect it and I know his back hurts too. We dealt with some drama with our eldest, yet again, but whatever - we tried to tuned it out a bit as we watched some Shitt$ Creek and called it a night.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How to Maintain Your Focus For Long Periods of Time", in this episode, we learn how to maintain your focus over long periods of time. Remember, starve your distractions, feed your focus.

This morning, we listened to "The SECRET To Living A SUCCESSFUL & HAPPY LIFE Starts Here" with Kristen Bell on ON Purpose with Jay Shetty. Kristen Bell is an American actress, singer, and producer, best know of the voice of "Anna" in Disney's Frozen and staring in "The Good Place". They discuss how to thrive in the stage of life you are in, balancing a codependent personality, cultivating curiosity, and learning to respect others’ opinions. In a world where there is so much division between red and blue political parties, Bell shares five principles of “purple people” and why the world needs more of them. Growing up in Michigan, challenges of quarantine, playing different roles in Life, cultivating curiosity, balancing a codependent personality, taking time for yourself, embracing the stage of life you are in, comparison hangover, what inspired her to write her children's book "The World Needs More Purple People", history of happy dance skincare line and her new company hello bello and living a life of purpose. It was a lite, fun and actually informative interview, we love Kristen and this interview.

We stopped by another store that is going out of business and got a few things, Wade got himself some awesome new shoes. Then we got home, had a good lunch as we watched some Real Time with Bill Maher.

Soon the girls will be home and the chaos will begin.

:emoji_two_hearts: Hair still looks good, even through rain.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    How to Stay Focused For Long Periods of Time!

[​IMG]

11. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 957: 10/30/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Breakfast date.

Last night, he gave me a lovely trifecta and it was great. We planned to have a quiet rest of the night, but instead, our eldest began whining about her hair, which actually turned into a good discussion and not an argument (a rarity but nice when it occurs). Then we watched some comedy and then went to bed.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to What To Do When Things Don't Go The Way You Planned", in this episode, Brainy Dose talk with us about how to respond and what to do when things don't go the way you planned. Remember, when things go wrong don't go with them.

This morning, after dropping off the girls at school, we decided to have a breakfast date instead of a lunch date, due to scheduling. Initially, we intended on walking and then going to lunch, but we'd have to walk around aimlessly for about 2-3 hours before any places opened for lunch. Anyway, the breakfast was pleasant - we had a good and engaging chat and then went home and began watching The War with Grandpa - a very funny movie.

A few more hours of freedom - gotta enjoy it while we can LOL!

:emoji_two_hearts: No triggers today.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    What To Do When Things Don't Go As Planned

[​IMG]

12. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 958: 10/31/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, after a huge blowout with my eldest, I lost it - yes me < this time, even I raised my voice, that took such a toll on me. I am really trying but my patience is really wearing thin with the attitude. Anyhow, at least Wade and I are leaning on each other during these difficult times. He gave me a calming hand and foot rub and we went to bed, after such a rough day/night.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Anchor Yourself In The Present Moment", in this episode, Mindful Monday teaches us great ways to anchor yourself in the present moment. Remember, don't let the past steal your present.

This morning, we listened to "Crucial Questions to Ask That Will Align You and Your Partner's Values" a Q&A, on Relationship Theory with Tom & Lisa Bilyeu. During this set, they discuss are you and your partner on the same page when it comes to values in your relationship, do you wonder how you can be more aligned and have a shared ‘mission’ for your life together, ways you and your partner can get on the same page and have a full understanding of your relationships values and goals, how to lead by example in a relationship, the power of sharing your values with your partner, why you should write down the reasoning behind your values, and why you need to be aligned with your partner when it comes to values in the first place. Which was great right, especially right now with what we have been going through with our eldest, because if we weren't aligned or in agreement - this could have led to massive fighting between us and probably a split. Then, we listened to a short clip from Lisa's show on the topic of "Manipulation" where both of us agree on the idea of communication and compromise, but not necessarily manipulating each other - be it openly or not, that's too selfish and inconsiderate in our opinions.

Now we are bracing ourselves for our little joint family celebration of both girl's birthday's/Halloween party with his parents, mine, and the girls. Had it not been for the little one's excitement, I would have canceled the whole thing after what went down yesterday. However, I will put my own anger aside - put a smile on my face and keep going for the sake of celebration.

Happy Halloween everyone!
    [​IMG]

:emoji_two_hearts: No triggers today.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    8 Ways To Enter The Present Moment

[​IMG]

13. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 959: 11/01/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, we needed to decompress a bit. Overall, the get together was okay, with no major drama. Wade learned some details about something his brother's family/his parents are up to and that really ticked him and us off, but we left that ranting for ourselves in the evening and did not let it sour the event. Our eldest was being herself all day, didn't even care for a heartfelt toast from Wade, which was frustrating but not surprising. Then the little one planned on sleeping over at my parent's place, she was so excited and waited all month - but then we got a phone call that she wanted to sleep at home. I have to say, I felt a warmth in my heart, I was touched lol.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Get Focused And Not Waste Your Life", in this episode, we have an inspiring message on how to get focused and not waste your life. Remember, Time is life, to waste your time is to waste your life.

This morning, we listened to "Why You Shouldn't Give a Sh*t About Gender Roles and Expectations with Chores" a Q&A, on Relationship Theory with Tom & Lisa Bilyeu. During this set, they discuss chores, responsibilities around the house, and gender roles. Combine them all and you’ll have a delicate subject that can make for a very difficult conversation to have with your partner. Yet, we must ask ourselves, “How much should gender norms really play in a relationship, who should be doing what around the house, and how can we begin acting out of love?” They explore expectations surrounding traditional gender roles and how to effectively determine who should be doing what around the house when it comes to chores and responsibilities. They discuss the importance of knowing what your values are in a relationship, the power of writing down expectations and needs, why you should do tasks out of love and not out of responsibility, why you should stay authentically yourself and not bend to fit gender roles, and why hiring help around the house is absolutely okay. It was a good listen... then after being in a decent mood, we called home for a sec and that derailed everything and Wade knows why so I won't get into it - but it gave us yet another ranting session. There is too much toxicity, I'm so exhausted - 2020 is really trying to test me. If you would have asked me in 2017, my response would have been different, but now - boy am I glad I have Wade by my side.

Soon we'll take down our Halloween decorations and transform our place into a Winter wonderland - too soon? yeah, maybe, but WHO CARES it's 2020 so WHATEVER, IDGAF!

:emoji_two_hearts: No triggers on my walk.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    "DON'T WASTE YOUR LIFE"

[​IMG]

14. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 960: 11/02/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Nice Customer Service Rep.

Last night, we created a winter wonderland and it came out wondrous! it lifted our moods big time, even if for a bit. We've been in so much toxicity these days, it has felt like we've been drowning. We enjoyed the ambiance as we watched some TV and then headed to bed... where, unfortunately, I did not get much sleep.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Taking Full Responsibility For What Happens In Your Life", in this episode, Jim Rohn talks about taking full responsibility for what happens in your life. Remember, accepting full responsibility is one of the highest forms of maturity.

This morning, I was up since about 3 am, I tossed and turned -- finally got out of bed at 5 am and got my day started. I backed up all of my freelanced accounting stuff because the company I have been using since 2016 was changing their interface and their new one wouldn't work for me anymore, especially not for the amount their subscription costs. Then I noticed they charged me the annual fee early, ugh! anyhow, Wade had a doctor's appointment, so we skipped our walk. While he was doing that, our kids were in their remote learning sessions, I called up the company and actually got a very sweet customer service rep, she was so nice, helpful, and accommodating even though I was canceling my sub - really appreciated that. My eldest has been behaving well (so far), the little one finished up all of her work, and right now my only major nuisance is my moron cousin who is driving me up a damn wall. ANYWAY. Time to go freak out about the election, peace out ya'll.

:emoji_two_hearts: Backed up all of my freelanced stuff in the nick of time.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    3 Easy, Effective Self Help, Personal Improvement/Growth Strategies

[​IMG]

15. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 961: 11/03/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, he gave me a trifecta... to help with my anxiety and pain. It felt so good, then we decided to decompress with some comedy, before the shitshow of Election day begun LOL.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to The Problem of Shame And How To Deal With It", in this episode, we have some great information on the problem of shame and how to deal with it. Remember, the difference between shame and guilt is the difference between I am bad and I did something bad.

This morning, we began listening to "Why You're NOT HAPPY In LIFE" with Matthew McConaughey's on ON Purpose with Jay Shetty. Matthew McConaughey is an Academy Award-winning actor and producer. He sits down to discuss how he learned about reflection and recalibration and how it has helped him overcome multiple life challenges and led him to see the green lights in red-light situations. He also explains how you can apply these same techniques to your life. So far, we've heard him defining green lights, a red light in his life, overcoming challenges, reflecting and recalibrating, persist, pivot, concede, and tips to help you know when to pivot. I am so surprised at how much depth Mr. McConaughey has as a person, I always thought of him as a Hollywood/beach boy'ish/hunk type - but I was wrong - so far, so good.

Wade and I did our Civic duty this morning, I hope everyone has or will do so - also. Bracing for the rest of today, sigh.

:emoji_two_hearts: Enjoyed out brisk walk today.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    The Problem of Shame

[​IMG]

16. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 962: 11/04/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, umm no comment I guess? I've lost faith in most of my fellow Americans, why? because no matter what the final result of this election, when all of the legal and legit votes are counted - the depressing part will remain that SO MANY of them didn't think democracy, integrity, honesty, and basic human decency were deal breakers.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Understanding What Your Reputation Says About You", in this episode, Freddy Fri talks about understanding what your reputation, or brand, says about you. Remember, let excellence be your brand.

This morning, we finished listening to "Why You're NOT HAPPY In LIFE" with Matthew McConaughey's on ON Purpose with Jay Shetty. Matthew McConaughey is an Academy Award-winning actor and producer. We hear him discussing rebranding, finding the love of his life, fatherhood, how being selfish can be positive, extending the finish line, and fast five questions. It was a good interview, the brisk walk was a much-needed break from this nerve-wracking election watching.

I would write more, but I can't think straight.

:emoji_two_hearts: No triggers on our walk.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    The Brand Called You

[​IMG]

17. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 963: 11/05/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Lunch Date.

Last night, he gave me a nice backrub as we took a short pause from the crazy election/suspense thriller we've been glued to all day/night. Then, after a bit, we went to bed.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Stop Overthinking Things And Start Taking Action", in this episode, we get several great tips on how to stop overthinking things so we can get on with getting things done. Remember, overthinking is the fine art of creating problems where there are none.

This morning, we dropped off our kids at school and then headed out to our GI appointments. I was told I need to be checked for gallstones, yippie more shit! LOL anyhow... then some good news, we found out one of my favorite restaurants was opened and I finally satisfied my long time craving! we had a lovely lunch date. It was pleasant, but sadly it also reminded me that he is about to go back to work, his vacation is over tomorrow.

I want all these 'too close to call' States to hurry up! c'mon, this uncertainty is driving me nuts!!

:emoji_two_hearts: No triggers!:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    How To Stop Overthinking Everything You Do

[​IMG]

18. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 964: 11/06/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, the anxiety continued so there was no trifecta or anything, we were glued to our respective viewing stations (TV for me, and he was playing the game and listening from there). Seeing the numbers go in a good direction (for the sake of the Country) did help quite a bit. However, after the big baby's presser, I am so scared of what the next few months hold for this Country.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Life Is Short: Do Not Waste Anymore Time", in this episode, we have an inspiring message reminding you that life is short, which is why you should not waste any more time. Remember, everything in nature strives to grow as big as it possibly can. Are you doing all that you possibly can to be as big as you can possibly be.

This morning, our eldest got under our skin yet again, especially Wade's - so during our walk, we couldn't concentrate on anything 'serious' so we listened to some late-night comedy shows. I'm glad we did because it provided some good laughs for us, at a much needed time. Then we got home, with a little more hope for this Country. Wade goes back to work tonight, which makes me sad and scared at the same time (given everything going on).

Now, I need to just practice my breathing and bringing my bP down.

:emoji_two_hearts: Minor trigger, got through it.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    DON'T WASTE ANYMORE TIME - You Can Do It

[​IMG]

19. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 965: 11/07/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) A new President.

Last night, we skipped the trifecta and played the game a little. After that, we continued watching the - what seems like - never ended Election coverage. Wade went back to work, it felt odd sleeping alone again. :-(

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to 5 Fantastic Benefits of Practicing Meditation", in this episode, we hear about 5 fantastic benefits of practicing meditation. Remember, the quieter you become the more you can hear.

This morning, we walked and listened to Jimmy Kimmel, it helped lighten the mood a lot from the last few days. Then we got home, he went to bed and I sat and continued watching... then, at 11:25 am CNN made a Projection: Joesph Biden will be the 46th president of the United States. I am elated!!!! <3 -- a huge weight has been lifted, I can't even think straight enough to keep writing.

:emoji_two_hearts: Minor trigger on the walk - got through it.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    5 SHOCKING Benefits Of Meditation

[​IMG]

20. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 966: 11/08/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Decent sleep.

Last night, he gave me a lovely hand and foot rub as we rejoiced. We really enjoyed the speech and we so much peace and joy come over us. I went to sleep with a sense of calm, in regard to my Country.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to 12 Habits That Will Change Your Life", in this episode, Matt D'Avella gives us 12 habits that if developed will change life for the better. Remember, a change in bad habits leads to a change in life.

This morning, we were finishing up listening to "Why You're NOT HAPPY In LIFE" with Matthew McConaughey's on ON Purpose with Jay Shetty. For the most part, we just talked about the state of everything going on right now. I did have a decent sized trigger during our store run today, that was not pleasant at all.

:emoji_two_hearts: Hair is looking fly.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    12 Habits That Changed My Life

[​IMG]