1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Jagliana's Journal | An S.O's perspective

Discussion in 'Significant Other Journals' started by Jagliana, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 967: 11/09/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:
    • My husband has been honest with me.
    • Daily talk with my husband.
    • Worked on Self-Care as defined here.
    • Currently Reading: Various
    • Current Daily Podcast: "7 Good Minutes"
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Dailies | Self-Care Completed:
    Self-care is not an indulgence. Self-care is a discipline.
    Morning routine / Verbalized my feelings
    Journal / Daily talk with hubby / Regulated my sleep.

Tony Robbins List of Basic Human Needs | Text explanation here / Sound.
    1. Certainty 2. Uncertainty/Variety 3. Significance 4. Connection/Love 5. Growth and 6. Contribution.

3 Things I am Grateful for Today:
    1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, he gave me a soothing and relaxing trifecta, talk about releasing the tension of the last few weeks. I was so tired, physically, and mentally.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Choosing What To Keep When Decluttering Your Life", in this episode,

This morning, we completely finished listening to "Why You're NOT HAPPY In LIFE" with Matthew McConaughey's on ON Purpose with Jay Shetty. It was well worth the listen, Mr. McConaughey really has a lot to say and is full of fascinating opinions and outlooks on life. We talked a little about current events again and then went home. We are back to our old routine, so he had to go to bed.

After working on Wade's next video, I went back to my elephant task of going through my back up hard drive - now that I have a little more time.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    For any PA's interested in having someone to talk to, check-in with, and a safe place to talk about all things recovery... my husband @Wade W. Wilson, who has been in real recovery for over two years now, has created a dedicated Facebook group [click here] and Discord channel for PA's, all are welcome to join and he is looking forward to getting to know and helping each of you. You can join the channel by clicking this link: https://discord.gg/gXPuU9q
    For SO's interested in having someone to talk to, check-in with, and a safe place to talk about all things healing and betrayal trauma... here is my Discord channel: https://discord.gg/XwhaBTg [this channel is for SO's ONLY, anyone there for malicious reasons will be removed].

What I liked about myself, today:
    (I am trying to find one positive thing to "like" about myself and make a mental note of it, every day. No matter how small or insignificant)
    :emoji_two_hearts: No major triggers.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Decluttering Life: Choosing What to Keep

[​IMG]
    Recovery Setback Dates | Inconsistencies or Lies
    5/25/18 | 6/08/18 | 8/18/18 | 9/19/18 | 1/09/19
    1/19/19 | 1/21/19 | 1/24/19 | 1/27/19 | 2/08/19
    4/27/19 | 6/13/19 | 7/06/19 | 8/05/19 | 2/08/20

Wade W. Wilson likes this.
  2. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 968: 11/10/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1. Certainty 2. Uncertainty/Variety 3. Significance 4. Connection/Love 5. Growth and 6. Contribution.

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, he gave me a soothing hand and foot rub, we watched some comedy, which helps distract me. Although, I can not help myself, watching democracy being eroded is really running up my anxiety, everything going on right before our eyes is unbelievable.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How Complaining Less Helps You Accomplish More", in this episode, we learn how complaining less helps you accomplish more. Remember, don't complain about things you're not willing to put in the necessary work to change.

This morning, we walked and listened to more of the late-night shows, we needed that humor. Humor is all we have these days, given the grim prospect of a duly fought election being stolen from the American people. Anyhow, it was nice, the weather has been oddly warm for this time of year, making it difficult to predict what to wear for the walk every other day. The last year has been extremely exhausting and challenging and it seems like it will not be letting up.

For any PA's interested in having someone to talk to, check-in with, and a safe place to talk about all things recovery... my husband @Wade W. Wilson, who has been in real recovery for over two years now, has created a dedicated Facebook group [click here] and Discord channel for PA's, all are welcome to join and he is looking forward to getting to know and helping each of you. You can join the channel by clicking this link: https://discord.gg/gXPuU9q
    For SO's interested in having someone to talk to, check-in with, and a safe place to talk about all things healing and betrayal trauma... here is my Discord channel: https://discord.gg/XwhaBTg [this channel is for SO's ONLY, anyone there for malicious reasons will be removed].

(I am trying to find one positive thing to "like" about myself and make a mental note of it, every day. No matter how small or insignificant)
    :emoji_two_hearts: No Triggers.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Understanding The Anxiety Cycle And How To Quickly End It

[​IMG]

3. Psalm27:1my light

Psalm27:1my light Fapstronaut

I don’t like Trump but this is one thing that infuriates me. People not understanding that the wind kills the birds because they turn on the wind turbines. Hundreds of thousands of raptors, bald eagles lots of owls and falcons. I live where this happens and it’s sad and disgusting. I love raptors.

4. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

He didn't say that or elaborate on it, he just said "We are energy independent for the first time. We don’t need all these countries that we had to fight a war over because we needed their energy. We are energy independent. I know more about wind than you [Biden] do. It is extremely expensive, and it kills all the birds". How wonderful would it have been if he would have gone into detail about that instead? but that's old news anyway, this debate happened back in Oct.

5. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 969: 11/11/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) YouTube.

Last night, we played our game for a bit, then watched some Shitt$ Creek as he gave me a relaxing massage. I'm so exhausted as I watch Democracy being overthrown by a tyrant, while so many are brushing it off and thinking "oh, he is just throwing a tantrum, he'll eventually just move on". For those who are paying attention to the moves he is making (the people he is firing, who he replacing them with) the red flags are all up. Wake up, people.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to You Are Not Depression", in this episode, Freddy Fri shares a message about overcoming depression. Remember, claim what you want, not what you don't want.

This morning, very early I watched "Mary Trump on her Uncle's loss" an interview with Katie Couric and it was quite informative and startling as well. The niece of President Trump and author of "Too Much and Never Enough" - they chatted about the President’s reaction and how the next 70+ days will unfold. Don't forget she is also a Clinical Psychologist. Wade and I both read her book, and it was so enlightening, especially the deep dive into Fred Trump - which now explains A LOT. This interview paints a grim picture of what the next two months could bring, but put in an eloquent way.

P.S: VETERANS DAY
    Dear Veterans,
    THANK YOU for taking action while most others wouldn't. THANK YOU for doing what others could never do. THANK YOU for being there when we needed you. THANK YOU, VETS, ACTIVE MILITARY, AND RESERVE MEMBERS OF ALL BRANCHES - THIS DAY IS FOR ALL OF YOU, EVEN THOUGH YOU SHOULD BE CELEBRATED THE ENTIRE YEAR THROUGH.
    Special shout out to my USMC Vet @Wade W. Wilson

[​IMG]

:emoji_two_hearts: Hair is full of volume still.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Tips to Help You Overcome Depression

[​IMG]

6. Psalm27:1my light

He’s an ass who doesn’t know how to communicate, lol. However it is awful, but government doesn’t care. It may be old news to you, but it’s ongoing here. This is why I no longer watch the news though, everything gets twisted and it’s all propaganda. Depending on who you listen to or watch more or believe more and I believe all of its is geared towards making people afraid or angry. Trying to catch up on some of the journals I follow. Hope all gets better with your eldest. My eldest ( son) drove me crazy for a while. He’s much better now. A friend once told me God made teenagers so we wouldn’t be sad when they left!

Jagliana likes this.
  7. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

No, she is still trying our patience - I do not see it ending any time soon lol.

Psalm27:1my light likes this.
  8. Psalm27:1my light

It gets better! But it took about 8 years with my son. He still pushes my buttons, just not nearly so much. I had to remind myself - he’s hormonal, he’s learning, he expressing, he’s growing..... I’m the adult!!! Lol

9. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

Ughhhhhhh, I don't know if I have that much patience or nerves left! in 8 years my 6 year old will be 14 and the game restarts!

10. Psalm27:1my light

They don’t all go through it. My daughter, now almost 18 never put me through what my son did. She’s been my easy child. I will miss her when she leaves, lol!

11. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

I sure hope so LOL because I don't know how much more of this I can survive.

Psalm27:1my light likes this.
  12. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 970: 11/12/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Minutes.

Last night, Wade was super tired, he stayed up all day after a full night shift. We watched some TV and then called it a night early, both of us passed out pretty quickly.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How To Improve Your Self-Discipline", in this episode, James Clear, the author of Atomic Habits talks about how to improve your self-discipline and develop better habits. Remember, the habits you have today are determining what your future is going to be.

This morning, it was raining, Wade had a virtual doctors appointment and then other errands to run... where my dad pretty much pressured him into giving him an invite lmao, so he is going to have a nice headache upon his return. To make matters worse, our eldest pissed him off this morning too, when all he was trying to do was be nice. I swear I am really tired of 2020.

While I have some alone time* (if my mom doesn't take this time to stop by), I will continue working on my huge elephant goal of decluttering all of my backup data.

:emoji_two_hearts: Hair is still full of color and volume.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    5 Easy Ways to Build Superhuman Self-Discipline

[​IMG]

13. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 971: 11/13/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Nachos.

Last night, he gave me the trifecta and it was so wonderful. It's been a long week/month/year.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Lessons That Will Help You Live A Happy Life", in this episode, Ryan Holiday talks about lessons that will help you live a happy life. Remember, life is only as good as your mindset.

This morning, I had a U/S of my abdomen and I'm pretty sure I'll develop bruises by tonight lol. We ran some errands that had to do with our car, since our morning was so busy, we did not have time to walk or really listen to anything. Once we got home, he made me some tasty nachos, God I love them. While Wade nap's, I will continue working on my elephant goal.

:emoji_two_hearts: Hair still on point atm.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Have Your Best Week Ever With 8 Timeless Lessons of Stoicism

[​IMG]

14. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 972: 11/14/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Flipp App.

Last night, we watched Mandalorian as he gave me a hand and foot rub. It's so cute watching him get so excited over this show, I think it's a good show, but he really fanboy's over it like I would over a Backstreet Boys concert. I also began "Little Shop of Horrors" with my eldest, she seemed interested in it, I hope that lasts so we can finish the movie together.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Why Meditating Is Such An Effective Habit", in this episode, we get a great explanation as to why meditating is such an effective habit. Remember, meditation can reintroduce you to the part that's been missing.

This morning, Wade has a midday doctor's appointment, so he needed to rush home and go straight to bed. I didn't go walking myself because it's freezing and my entire stomach/upper body is sore after my U/S, damn she dug in good - holy crap lol! I hope tomorrow we will get back into some sense of normalcy/routine and walking. Once the little one is settled, I will get back into my elephant goal.

:emoji_two_hearts: Rediscovered the Flipp app, which will help with finding deals that I need.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Why Meditate? | Change your Brain's Default Mode

[​IMG]

15. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 973: 11/15/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Break.

Last night, we played our game and then spent the little time we had watching tv, while he soothed me with a hand and foot rub. Then, I was passing out - so I headed to bed and he headed to work.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Living An Uncluttered Life Leads To A Happier Life", in this episode, Les Brown talks about how living an uncluttered life leads to a happier life. Remember, a disorganized and cluttered environment is a reflection of a disorganized and cluttered mind.

This morning, I woke up after a decent night's sleep, got a few techie things done, while the little one was telling me stories the whole time lol. Then, when Wade got back, we headed off to the supermarket to run an errand. Everything went okay, a few triggers but nothing too bad. Our morning together was fairly relaxing, until we got home - but of course. My parents were over, sitting with the little one and the noise was super high. To add insult to injury, I made the mistake of checking my eldest's 'assignments' folder, after trusting her all weekend, when she had been telling me that everything is done. Low and behold, 3 assignments in there, all past due, I flipped and then my mom persists to tell me a whole host of bullshit that she was told by our eldest during the sleepover. All things, she had asked me NOT to mention back to her (not to lose trust) but HOLY SHIT, what kind of dumbassary is this? who tells their grandmother this kind of shit!? omg. ANYHOW, that just infuriated me even more. So now, I'm pissed at her, for so many things, I went off on her for the school work, so did Wade, she locked herself in her room. Wade went to bed, she walks out with a brimming smile on her face "which Pokemon is your favorite one?" I just stared at her, like someone just knocked me over the head with a frying pan (in disbelief) at the total disregard at 'room reading'. Now, I'm going to breathe and go back to my elephant goal because I need a massive distraction.

:emoji_two_hearts: Minor triggers, got past them.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    How To Stop Making Excuses And Start Living Better

[​IMG]

16. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 974: 11/16/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Drive.

Last night, we could barely concentrate on playing our game -- yeah, you read that right lol. We've both been so overwhelmed with everything going on - in and out of our home, that both our brains have turned to mush. He still found it within himself to give me a trifecta which helped. We also got a tornado warning, so we had to rush and clear out our balcony, this is the first one we've ever gotten (that I recall). The weather has been so erratic, just like everything else in 2020. I asked him to shoot me a message as soon as he got to work so that I knew he arrived safely, but he did not, I had to text him and that upset me... since I was waiting up until I made sure he was safe.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Wonderful Benefits That Come Along With Journaling", in this episode, we learn about the wonderful benefits that come along with journaling. Remember, keeping a journal of what's going on in your life is a good way to help you distill what's important and what's not.

This morning, we spoke a little about last night as we drove to run some more errands. During the drive, we listened to "How to Shake Off Your Insecurities and Walk With Confidence" a Q&A, on Relationship Theory with Tom & Lisa Bilyeu. During this set, they discuss how; struggling with low confidence when talking to a potential love interest, wallowing in your insecurities, telling yourself that you’re not good enough, and ideas on how to stop. How you should suck it up, own your insecurities, and shift your focus towards positivity and confidence so that you can develop a happy and healthy relationship. Wade liked this one more than I did.

I'm tired, I plan on continuing on my elephant goal, but we shall see - I might just stare at the tv zombie style.

:emoji_two_hearts: No triggers.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    The One Daily Habit You Need to Succeed

[​IMG]

17. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 975: 11/17/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, he gave me a lovely trifecta, always a good way to soothe my physical and mental health. As I have been saying, both of us have been so overwhelmed by everything going on around us, both in and out of our house. Thank goodness we have each other.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Change Your Thoughts Change Your Circumstances Change Your Life", in this episode, we have an inspiring message on how to change your circumstances by changing your thoughts. Remember, you can often change your circumstances by changing your attitude.

This morning, as we walked Wade told me all about his infuriating night at work. He joined a conversation about politics at work, and well, that never ends well - not in the least, for him, as he is in the minority there (his viewpoints). I am not one to speak to this, as I have gotten myself boxed into these situations multiple times with a wide array of family, friends, and strangers. It never-ever works - trying to argue facts with people who only deflect and peddle conspiracy theories. We spent the morning discussing this, he ranted to me and as I've mentioned plenty of times, I am glad that he and I both now have each other as a 'safe space' to release our frustrations to. In the past, I would just bottle up and act out in my own ways... and he would numb out/act out in his (PM) - but now, we have each other.

:emoji_two_hearts: No triggers today.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Jim Rohn: How To Generate New Ideas For Life

[​IMG]

18. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 976: 11/18/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Wade.

Last night, Wade gave me a lovely trifecta, reminding me that he only gave me a hand and foot rub the night before... that's how much my brain has turned to mush LOL. In any event, I appreciate and enjoy any and all of it. We purchased a TV for our bedroom, it was more of a "want" than a "need", but you know what, with the year we've had - WE DESERVE THIS LOL.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to Growing Through Pain Is True Progress", in this episode, Freddy Fri reminds us that growing through pain is one of the requirements for achieving greatness. Remember, there is no greatness without the grind.

This morning, Wade had a doctors appointment, I had to attend a remote meeting with our little one's teacher. Then he went to pick up our new TV, as I helped our kids with their school day. Once he got home, we had breakfast, which he picked up too (much appreciated, he is so awesome and thoughtful). Now, he's setting up the TV and looking so cute while he is running around doing all that, once he is done with the placement and powering it up, I'll jump in and do the internal/technical setup. Can't wait to relax and use it today/this evening.

:emoji_two_hearts: Wanted to really go off on my eldest, but held myself.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Pain Is A Sign Of Progress

[​IMG]

19. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 977: 11/19/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Car Ride.

Last night, we spent the night in bed, utilizing our new bedroom tv, we are happy with our gift to ourselves. The one sliver of joy we've had in recent days.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to How Childhood Issues Are Affecting You In Adulthood", in this episode, The School of Life shares some great insight on how childhood issues are affecting us in adulthood. Remember, enjoy the little things. For one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.

This morning, Wade had it out with our eldest, yet again. I feel bad for our little one who unfortunately is always around to witness it, but never really understands what is going on no matter how much I try to explain/calm her. It is getting worse and worse with our eldest, we are at our wit's end. After dropping them off at school we went to the store, as it was too cold to walk in the area. During the drive to and from, it seems that the only thing we speak about these days is either politics or our eldest, both topics being toxic at this point - but unavoidable. We are both exhausted and it's straining all aspects of our lives, I told him this morning that I am glad he is so far into recovery because I'm afraid if this had all been going on in the beginning stages of his recovery - he might have relapsed under all this stress, pressure and frustration (looking for a way to numb out). I'm on the brink daily, barely functioning half the time, it's becoming too much but we can't do anything, other than weather this storm, at least we have each other.

:emoji_two_hearts: Minor triggers, got through them as best as I could.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    How Our Childhoods Affect Our Adult Lives

[​IMG]

20. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 978: 11/20/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Time with Wade.

Last night, he gave me a trifecta, and omg, after trying out this new 'back stretcher' -- I needed it LOL. We started watching a new show on Netflix, "Warrior Nun", so far it has our attention.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to 6 Great Tips On How To Live Your Best Life", in this episode, we get 6 great tips on how to live your best life. Remember, living your best life is the most important journey in your life.

This morning, we watched a lot of the late-night hosts having a field day with that shitshow presser that batshit, oil leaking Giuliani had as he and his team of imbeciles try to steal an election. Then we got to Jimmy Kimmel and his interview "President Obama is Scared of Sasha and Roasts Donald Trump" - with President Obama, what a breath of fresh, full-sentence speaking air! we loved it. We shopped a little, got some things we needed, and then went home, so we can enjoy a few hours of peace.

:emoji_two_hearts: Minor triggers, but I got past them.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    How to Live Your Best Life

[​IMG]