1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Joaquin Phoenix Joker

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Do you like it or not ?

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. This "secret footage" got me excited:

The only thing I'm not a fan of is the clown make-up, but let's see what the meaning behind it really is.

3. I think its going to be epic!

Coffee Candy and Deleted Account like this.
  4. I'm also hoping it won't be a copy of Heath Ledger's Joker performance, but I'm hopeful with Joaquine Phoneix being cast that it will be a Joaquine Phoneix version of the Joker.

Coffee Candy likes this.
  5. Yeah, i think it will be his own thing. Plus, i'm not entirely convinced that that is going to be his final look, maybe its just a transition. If it is though, i'm sure i could get used to it.

AngelofDarkness likes this.
  6. If i understand this correctly, this movie is without batman?

7. Yeah, joker its a joker origin story

8. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

I'm excited. I think he'll do a good job

9. I'm excited for him to play the joker, but I'm not sure how I feel about a joker origin story. I mean, I'm sure itll be cool, but I feel like part of the creepiness of the joker is his mystery, so idk how I feel about that. But itll probably be good.

10. I was thinking the same thing. Plus, i don't know about joker as a main character anyway. Are we supposed to root for him? Still, i think joaquin phoenix could potentially do an awesome job, so it'll be interesting.

11. alexander86

alexander86 Fapstronaut

12. Everything is better than Jared Leto Joker.

13. Agreed

14. Depending on what origin story the Joker will have, I think it is possible that they want to make us root for the Joker. If we get to see the Joker before he is the Joker and we see under what circumstances his transformation will happen, it might make us want to root for him not to become the Joker. Like in the Killing Joke comic, the Joker's origin is rather tragic where he is a failed stand-up comedian and ends up losing his wife and unborn child in an accident, which is part of what makes him go over the edge. The Dark Knight also has the Joker mention an alcoholic father who physically abused him and carved up his face, although later he changes it again, telling Rachel that he disfigured his own face for his wife, who had her face slashed by the mob. So the Joker being the Joker also makes him an unreliable narrator. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if the movie explores the question of whether people are born evil or made evil, that could be interesting to watch.

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  15. It's probably going suck! I'm sure not going to pay to see it!

16. True enough, the only problem is we all know he is going to become joker so even if we root for him not to we know he is going to be a psycho killer. Still, like i said i think it will be interesting and i will definitely see it.

17. Btw Birds of Prey confirmed premier on 2020

AngelofDarkness likes this.
  18. That's true, we can't do anything about the Joker becoming the Joker. I just meant to say it might be easier to root for the pre-Joker Joker if they show him to be an ordinary man who becomes a psycho killer under tragic circumstances.

19. Plus the working title of the movie is 'Fox Force Five' which is a reference to Pulp Fiction, so extra points for that.

20. Yeah, i see what you mean.