1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Jordan Peterson is Not a Christian

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. "Peterson is an atheist who just so happens to personally find immense value in Christian myths".

Really he doesn't apply the same logic that he does to gender to Christianity.

2. EthanW.

EthanW. Fapstronaut

Honestly, at least the guy doesn't PMO. :emoji_sweat_smile:

Dan9876 likes this.
  3. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

Run_Like_Joseph_Did Fapstronaut

I'm no fan of Rationality Rules. just look at what happened when he tried to refute InspiringPhilosophy(look him up). However, I absolutely agree with him that Peterson is reclusive when pressed on religion. Peterson thinks that the bible is an archetypal fact book on humans rather than a telling of God's salvation by Christ. I guess all I can do is to pray that one day he sees Christianity as more than what he does now.

Mueller_Wiki likes this.
  4. Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2018
    kropo82 likes this.
  5. Bullarrd

Bullarrd Fapstronaut

6. Gordon5375

Gordon5375 Fapstronaut

Christian or not, this guy is doing a ton of great stuff. I've read 12RFL, listened to several of his lectures on the bible, and even seen him deliver one in person. He's making Jesus relevant again to a generation who has completely discounted and marginalized Christianity. He does need much prayer.

kropo82, Dan9876 and 0111zerozero11 like this.
  7. Peterson once said, the Bible is a guide as to how we all should live our lives (Morals). Whilst Science is everything that is possible in this life. He says that just because what happened in the Bible is 'scientifically impossible' doesn't mean the teachings and lessons in it have no meaning. I don't think Athiests like Peterson for saying that. Personally I don't hate Athiests, I just dislike close mindedness.

Gordon5375 likes this.
  8. Gordon5375

Gordon5375 Fapstronaut

So I guess it remains what was the purpose of this thread? I would find it hard to say that he is not heavily Judeo-Christian influenced. What does it matter if he personally believes it or not?

I would rather draw my own conclusions either way by reading and listening to Jordan’s content directly rather than through someone else’s filter.

9. rebuilder

rebuilder Fapstronaut

If Peterson's personal beliefs don't go any further than what he states publicly, then I think probably he's not a Christian. But I suppose it's possible that he wants to keep some aspects of his beliefs private, so it's at least possible that he is "more Christian" in his personal life than in his public lectures.

10. He explains his view on the latest interview he did on the Rubin Report with Rubin and Shapiro.

Yes, Rationality Rules is not good..in the context of his videos( not talking about him as a person). He is too young, he doesn’t have enough life experience to really know what he is talking about or to really understand Peterson.

Stay strong bro

11. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

I'm over my jordan peterson phase.