1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Joy and pain

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Things been chaotic for me with a lot of things and been feeling so down but the past 2 days I've been realizing somethings. The feelings of loneliness, the betrayals, the hurt, the sorrow, the rejections, and being forsaken has brought me to understand Jesus better. It started with the verse "Jesus wept" in John 11. John 11 tells us about the death of Lazarus. Jesus loved his family and him very much, but after hearing the news that Lazarus died, Jesus wept; For he knew the pain of his sister and everyone that loved Lazarus. Even though he`ll make Lazarus live again still no one cannot avoid the pain that is there. This verse showed me that Jesus cares but what else? Well, I started to think more and more and started to see Jesus has suffered a lot as I have. He went through loneliness, rejection from the people he came to save and love; He went through betrayal- Judas betrayed Jesus to the Sanhedrin in the Garden of Gethsemane by kissing him and addressing him as "rabbi" to reveal his identity to the crowd who had come to arrest him; he was forsaken - At the cross, Jesus had to be forsaken by God to endure Gods wrath and all of the world. These things have painted a bigger picture, Jesus is just more than a perfect messiah that loves everyone, that helped the needy and the ill, more than the man that took my cross and rose again. He's just like us, a believer. Jesus was the prime example of a Christian in the sinful world. He showed and teaches us to live in a Godly way just like him; though there are many other characters in the bible that was used for God's purpose and to show us how to live. Jesus shows and helps us understand further how to live and love. Jesus Understands us very well because he has been through it. This realization brought me closer to God, knowing Jesus on a personal level. I wasn't being forsaken I had to be broken in order to see God's Love and goodness. I had to go through the pain to see God's almightiness. Jesus had to suffer first in order to be blessed. 1 Peter 3:8-9 Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.

Tao Jones likes this.
  2. Hebrews 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin.

Traveller221 and MikeisMedic_07 like this.