1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Jump Out of the Fishbowl

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

In my life, I feel I am given occasional glimpses of understanding into the nature and divinity of God. Normally, I swim around in a fishbowl of my own making, seeing only the world in the confines I have constructed in my mind.

This morning, I was gifted with a glimpse outside of my bowl. Before explaining, I apologize to everyone that many of my posts focus on what I have read in Bishop Sheen's book "Life of Christ". It is the book I am slowly reading through right now, I don't mean to suggest it is the only book one should read on Christ although I cannot recommend this one highly enough. The book is more than a history of Christ's time on earth. It is an explanation of how Christ's words and actions, while in human form, verify that God sent Him to earth and that He is truly the Son of God.

So, from my fishbowl of a sin, today I was given a glimpse of peace. True peace! How exhausting it is hobble myself into a world where I am consumed by lust, anger, greed and a constant focus on the politics of the world. Such a burden was lifted from me to simply believe and accept, Jesus Christ is God. Drop the doubts and twisted explanations, if only for a moment (how divine it must feel to drop them forever more) and recognize that all Our Precious Lord said on earth is LITERALLY TRUE. He is the Son of God and He did come to redeem us. Letting myself believe this without a shred of doubt is to free myself from the exhausting, ugly fish bowl I have created around me. There is nothing on earth, nothing, that is worth our energy and emotions other than pursuing the will of God as a demonstration of our Love for the Father. Everything else comprises the cloudy, dirty confines of my fishbowl.

I pray each of you can find this glimpse of peace in your life and may we all keep it in our hearts.

2. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

The best way I know to get out of this fishbowl at least temporarily, is adoration of the Holy Sacrament. Regarding daubts - it's written in the Cathechism of Catholic Church that one of the popes used to say: "In spite of 10.000 difficulties ( to accept some tenits of faith) I have no daubt."

If I come across on something difficult to accept in Christianity or Catholic faith - something what seems to deny the human logic, knowledge etc. I repeat this sentence above asking God that He enable me to aquire such an approach of the pope and to ignore all what contradicts Catholic tenits of fath and official teaching - I pray for faith untill I feel that the attack on my faith ceased. I suppose these can be devilish attacks. We the Polish have a very old chant during Communion in Mass and two verses say: "I am approaching You in my humility and lowness, I adore Your majesty hidden in this Host. To you today in sacrifice I give my heart, Oh, strengthen the faith, Jesus, of Your children.
    2. O God, my eyesight and taste are wrong, Whoever submits to them they lack faith, I just want to believe Your teaching that You are concealed in the form of Bread."
    The text of the hymn was written by Thomas Aquinas. Waiting in the line for Communion I pray singing these words.

again and Keli like this.
  3. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Beautiful inspiration! Thank you so very much for sharing it. Marvelous!

again likes this.