Just found out green tea hs caffeine :0

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Win_for_life, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Win_for_life

Win_for_life Fapstronaut

Not just green tea, Ice cream and yogurt also has caffeine. Damn
    How are we supposed to cut caffeine intake ?

2. You don't need to cut caffeine out entirely, it's actually healthy for you as long as it's not high doses every day. And yeah there is natural caffeine in green tea, but none in regular ice cream and yogurt.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. kayesem

kayesem Fapstronaut

Caffeine is easy. Don't drink tea or coffee. Black or green tea. The japanese green matcha tea has heaps, it's strong as.

I've never seen it in plain ice cream or yoghurt.

It is apparently present in chocolate in small amounts, but nothing compared to theobromine which is much nicer imo.

Try cutting processed sugar or gluten, then you will know true vigilance : )

4. Dairy is another one. I bet a lot of people would be surprised how much "hidden" dairy they consume.

5. Win_for_life

Win_for_life Fapstronaut

6. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

7. Win_for_life

Win_for_life Fapstronaut

Yeah i know, but a large population drinks around 1-2 cups of coffee everyday, above that small-small amount in these things add up to.
    I personally drink 3 cups of Instant coffee everyday

8. SilentJay313 and Win_for_life like this.
  9. Win_for_life

Win_for_life Fapstronaut

Dont have links but there are many articles on famous fitness portals and sites suggesting same thing. Many ice cream manufacturers were named in some. Dont know might not be true but with trend these days of making your food taste delicious they dont care about additives anymore.

10. Drink water. 0 caffeine.

kayesem likes this.
  11. I highly doubt that at all, maybe some but the majority wouldn't/don't unless it's like a coffee flavour. And even if there is, the dose would be so low it wouldn't matter, I'm highly caffeine sensitive so I'd know if something contained it. But again though, caffeine isn't bad for you in quantities.

Win_for_life likes this.
  12. kayesem

kayesem Fapstronaut

I read the other day that guarana is basically just caffeine. Makes sense, but is never labelled that way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guarana

Yep. I am dairy free and still notice it popping up all over the dam place. Just avoiding anything processed seems to be the best approach. I got a jar of olives recently and noticed afterwards that it might contain traces of dairy. Why? It makes no sense. I know the responsibility is on me to check all labels of all packaged goods, but I made the mistake of thinking olives would be all good. Even found sugar added to my canned beetroot. FFS. The price of laziness and complacency... *sighs*

13. spisbad

spisbad Fapstronaut

Who else here puts dairy milk in their fourth cup of coffee? =P

14. I don't understand why people care about this. If you didn't notice before, why does it matter now?

15. Win_for_life

Win_for_life Fapstronaut

To improve oneself, one must acknowledge the bad habits

16. uh

17. I think when things say "May contain traces of _______" it likely means that the product was made in a factory that also deals with dairy products. Or nuts, or wheat, or whatever else fills in the blank. Those kinds of warnings aren't really for people who just don't want to eat dairy for personal health reasons. They're more for people who have a severe allergy and might get sick from even the slightest exposure.

18. Except they're not bad habits though, unless your downing like four cups of coffee a day type thing, so just cut back or something. I hope you're not cutting out stuff like gluten too.

Don't worry mate, I personally know dairy is literally in every possible thing. I'm lactose intolerant so that always affects me, but I love cheese and milk too much so I just tell my body to sod off. lol

19. Win_for_life

Win_for_life Fapstronaut

I am worried because i take 3 cups of coffee a day and sometimes take greentea. Yogurt is a must for me ( actually 2 times a day ). Hence am worried about the caffeine intake

20. So if you're worried why not just drop it to one cup of coffee a day, then whatever else you have will be fine.

Win_for_life likes this.