1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

#JusticeForJohnnyDepp

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Feb 12, 2020.

1. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Some talk? If that's the only indicator there was, I wouldn't really blame anyone for shrugging that off as malicious rumours. There's so much shit talk surrounding celebrities that "some talk" isn't that much of a reason to make any judgements about a celebrity.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Metis07

Metis07 Fapstronaut

And again @Lilla_My our discussion is irrelevant. What @Castielle wanted to say by this thread (she corrects me if I am wrong):
    1. Women can also be abusive in relationship (not just men)
    2. It’s important to treat people with justice regardless their gender
    3. JD case is relevant because he is famous (almost no one will discuss problems of your neighbor for example, because of his case people can start a broad discussion), he has shown some video and audio evidence in his favour (it’s not just his words against her words), courts decision will create a precedent (I don’t know yet and i don’t say that he is 100% victim, it’s courts work to decide, for example if she shows some evidence (audio, video)) and court decision will send a strong message to men and women (for example if he is 100% victim, proved by evidence and they will make decision in her favor the message for men is ‘hey guys you are f’ed up’ lol, but that’s to see).

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Lilla_My

Lilla_My Fapstronaut

If it looks like that to you, does it mean that was what I was saying? I've explained exactly what I meant.
    All I'm saying is that I wasn't terribly surprised. I think her reputation as wild was one of the qualities that drew him to her. Again, that doesn't mean he deserved to be beaten or gaslighted. Quite far from it.

Heard should be tried in a court of law like anyone else and judged accordingly to what can be proved she has done.

4. Um... what? That was not a quote from anything. And to say something I said sounds like a quote from Mean Girls, is pretty insulting. I'm not being mean to you by saying I want to move on from this pointless argument.

That's a really ridiculous interpretation of everything I've said. I never said you have to be "hysterically upset" for Johnny Depp.

As I said above, I am completely done with this conversation with you. It's going nowhere.

5. Yes, that is the point of this thread. Thanks for summing it up nicely.

Metis07 likes this.
  6. Yeah, you did. But you also basically acted like I was a complete moron for not understanding your heart on this issue from your first comment. So what people are trying to show you is that if you start off saying something like that, it really looks like you have no sympathy at all, and that statement you made is 100% victim blaming. It's literally no different than hearing a woman was raped and saying, "well, look at that slutty outfit she was wearing. And she was drinking. What did she expect?"

The point is, if you do have sympathy for him, great. But maybe you should work on being more clear and not making victim-blaming statements right off the gate, if you want people to see that you have sympathy. Because that's not what that kind of statement communicates at all.

Hopefully you can understand what we are trying to tell you, but if not, then I don't know what else to say. People aren't crazy for reading your first comment here and thinking you have little to no sympathy. That's the way you phrased everything you said. If you wanted everyone to know you had sympathy, then you shouldn't have started off by blaming the victim.

Metis07 likes this.
  7. Amber actually was convicted of abusing her previous girlfriend. So it was a bit more than talk.

But again, it doesn't matter, and I'm not going to make this whole thread about what the victim did wrong in the situation. That's a really messed up way to discuss a domestic abuse case. We should be focusing on what she did wrong, or if he has done anything illegal against her, then that should be discussed too. But whether or not it was stupid of him to marry her, is irrelevant to me.

Metis07 likes this.