1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Keep thinking about my ex

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Daggertail19, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Daggertail19

Daggertail19 Fapstronaut

I went and saw my ex a couple weeks ago and it seemed things started up again. I also spent the weekend with her last weekend which was great. But she told me she was "causally seeing" other guys and she didn't want to stop. That sh*t f**ked with my head all weekend, and when it came to having sex I could not perform. I just kept thinking about her with other guys it made me sick. I can't change the past but I'm not about to share a girl that's just not me. Plus, I love this girl. And I know she still loves me. But she is putting up a guard.

I cannot concentrate on work or school, all online. I'm actually writing this in a class, and not paying attention.

I don't know what to do, I want to be with her so bad but do not want to share her. She said I overthink, which holds her back from wanting to be with me. I'm going to overthink if you tell me you f**k other guys, it isn't rocket science to understand that. She's taking over my thoughts I hate this feeling.

Even this post is overthinking so maybe she's right.

Faceless Void likes this.
  2. Edwards

Edwards Fapstronaut

Just try and move on bro ,,u are only hurting yourself

Say_Goodbye, Fat Boy and Daggertail19 like this.
  3. Le 18

Le 18 Fapstronaut

If she would want you and you only, then she would not be seeing other guys. As I see this I think she is using you for validation. Its better to move on. I too had an ex that I believed she liked me still, but you know what happened? We went to a date and afterwards she would just be cold and not talk to me. Same thing happened a few times. Its better to let her go as you are loosing focus over whats really important, yourself.

Good luck brother. You are not alone on this one.

Fat Boy and Daggertail19 like this.
  4. Mr. Kruger

Mr. Kruger Fapstronaut

This probably isn't what you want to hear, but it's time to move on and focus on yourself. Thots and their hypergamy aren't worth the hassle.

5. todolist

todolist Fapstronaut

Dude you need to move on. I also had an ex that wanted us to be 'friends' while she saw other guys. It was painful but you just have to block them.

You also mentioned that 'I know she still loves me' and that 'she is putting up a guard'. This is not a healthy way of thinking man! We are not mind readers and assuming things like that can get you into trouble. Think of the situation with the information you have for certain. She is your ex; she is seeing other guys and she has showed you some affection recently. Everything else is just speculation and should be ignored. With the facts you have, it should be clear what you have to do. I'm sure she will understand.

Fat Boy and Daggertail19 like this.
  6. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

I guess that she broke up with you, I'm going to assume that. Do you asked for a 2nd chance or she came to you?

Great! is not all over. she is still willing to date you and have something romantic with you.

Of course she is, she is not in a relationship wit you or anyone, so she is having fun and probably looking for another boyfriend.

That's come from insecurities, you want her all by yourself and makes you crazy to share her with other mans because you know you can loose her with one of them. You should be dating other woman, having fun with them the same way she is doing it with this guys. This woman dumped you, have some selft respect. She need to gain another chance with you, not the other way around.

She get over the relationship faster than you and is having fun. You should focus your attention in your goals and ambitions and also having fun with other womans.

You can change the way you bahave yourself, stop persuing her and do your own life. became a man with pourpuse and let woman choose you. This woman wasted her chance with you once, if she wants to be with you again she need to work to get a 2nd chance. It seeams to me that you are the one working to get her attetion over all the other guys.

You love her yes, maybe she still love you, but she is not in love with you. A woman that is in love thont go a f*k other guys. At the moment you are one more of her mans. She is going to choose the one that is more masculine, confident and fun. If you keep been gelous, bringing drama to the interaction with her and chasing after her know for a fact that she is not going to choose you.

No she is not, she is just having fun with you and other guys. For the moment she is over you and in her mind is ok to date other man nad have with you also.

That's bad.. it happens to all of us after a break up, the best way to move on is to go after your goals and ambitions and if you are ready date other woman.

She is not yours anymore and she is open to date multiple guys until she finds the right one. If you don't agree with that then move on to other woman. If she wants to see you just tell her that you don't want to share her. If she tell you that she is going to keep dating other guys, tell her that is ok but you are not into that so you should stop seen each other and let you know if someday she change her mind and want to start dating you again with all that guys around her.

She is helping you. She is basically telling you, "I still want to be with you and have fun with you and if eventually things get better I can fall in love with you again.. but you are still focused on a relationship and wanting to lock me up to a commitment witch im not ready yet. Keep pushing for a relationship and I will keep dating other man. Slow down..".

Again, she is telling you that she wants to see you, but casually for the moment. If you are not good with that, tell her exactly that and move on. Also tell her that she is allowed to contact you when she is ready to date you without having fun with other man.

Be a man, stand for what you want and if she is not willing to give you what you want, then walk away.

Faceless Void, Daggertail19 and Roady like this.
  7. Daggertail19

Daggertail19 Fapstronaut

I want you to know, I read your whole reply. I needed to read this, and wish someone would tell me things like this more often.

I appreciate it.

Le 18 likes this.
  8. Le 18

Le 18 Fapstronaut

Writing the thruth uncensured. I like it haha.

Havent talked to her in a while and will problably not do it unless we have to work in a project together as we are in the same class :/

Fat Boy likes this.
  9. Le 18

Le 18 Fapstronaut

Same for you brother. We just go to focus on ourselves. Thats what matters

10. happy camper

happy camper Fapstronaut

I'm dealing with the same situation. I used to overthink a lot and now that I've been retaining for some time now and journalling on a daily basis, I feel like I'm able to process things with much more clarity. My theme for this year is to deal with things in a healthier way, so I wrote a poem to mourn the loss of my relationship (might be soppy but oh well)

Lost & Found
    [​IMG]

Grey skies above,
    Toes tingle on the sand,
    White sun blushing behind the clouds,
    Hands sink into the mush.

The wind wipes my tears,
    The river bank buries love lost.
    Fingernails uncover lost treasures,
    Waiting to be found

11. PhantomAssassin

PhantomAssassin Fapstronaut

Bro stop calling her a whore just cuz she sees other dudes. I am in the same situation so far as I'm sleeping in my ex's house, yeah at times imagining some other dude being there instead of me is gross and I wanna go and never see her again. But if you love the person for who they are if you like her thinking, her spirit also her character. If you think that you could be good friends why give up on a friendship? If you haven't noticed yet good and loyal(as friends not as sex partners) are the hardest to come by. And as you said we are young and handsome, just as those "whores" and "hoes" we are talking about. Move on, less ego more soul. Do you think that if you fuck others she is not going to gas up, difference is she is gonna value you more as a person and not going to show it also not going to ruin your friendship.

All that is not true if you don't think she is a nice person and a human being except that she is having sex with other people. But if she really is a nice person and you could be friends why getting all butthurt about such a little thing as sex.

friendship>sex

Daggertail19 likes this.
  12. Overthinking will make you go through hell for no good. Stop it.

13. PhantomAssassin

PhantomAssassin Fapstronaut

word bro.

14. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

You gotta move on bro and spin plates. If you need to wallow in sadness, do so but don’t stay there long.”What hurts the most”

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  15. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

Write down all her negative characteristics. I know she wasn’t perfect.

16. ZeroChill

ZeroChill Fapstronaut

All those great replies got something off my chest. This sums up everything for me:

"I love you very much but im fucking other dudes" - Jenny