1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Keep this in mind when reading in this forum

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Hi:
    Just wanted to make a quick reminder to everyone:

Whenever you read a piece of advice from another user, keep in mind that he may know nothing at all, that he may be a fucking idiot.
    We are all here trying to get rid of PMO addiction. But that doesn't mean we know about other topics or about other life aspects, nor that we are able to give useful advice.

Having a high day score only means someones good at abstaining from PMO. Nothing else. His authority is only valid in that area. It doesn't mean he's more intelligent, more cultured or wiser.

I've been in this forum for a while now, and i've read some real bullshit. Some of the advices even were toxic, and really fucked up.

Be careful whenever you read or listen to advice, specially when it comes from a total stranger. (This is useful for real life too.)

2. Mazda647

Mazda647 Fapstronaut

There's a lot of advice to ignore, this is advice to take to heart.

I wondered earlier today how much of any advice I may give is just me stroking my own ego.

Melkhiresa, Xander_, Meshuga and 2 others like this.
  3. Happens to me too.

4. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Me in my head while reading this: Hmmmm Red riot seems wise, I might not complete disregard his advice if I ever happen to get it.

Me a second later: Hold on, isn't this post technically advice? should I listen to it? or should I do whatever? is this an advice paradox?

Melkhiresa, CarP, Red Riot and 3 others like this.
  5. The thing is we are on the internet. We can be whatever we want and you have the information one click away to strengthen an argument when in reality...eh. The person who gives you a piece of advice can be truly intelligent but that piece of information may not resonate with you or it seems very stupid in your perception. I'm on this forum only because I want to be out of this mess. If at this moment I could be free from this, I'll never enter this forum ever again.

But yeah, don't listen to all the people here, even me. I've always said when I express my opinion about something that is your choice if you believe me, you agree with me or just can ignore what I say.

And if you think here are people who give stupid advices...go on the subreddit...oh my god.

6. Skyroㅤ

Skyroㅤ Fapstronaut

The subreddit is garbo, I was a lurker on there for a while but decided to post here instead. The community there is way more.....bad? Some people are just jerks to other people for having lower day streaks or relapsing.

7. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

I wanted to open a post regarding this.. there's people that claim alot of things as edging and people might be out there resetting for no reason. There is alot of false information on this site and this is one of the disadvantages, just be more aware and see couple of point of views and not only one.

8. This is, indeed, the advice paradox.
    The advice itself tells you not to trust advice. But by it's own advice, you shouldn't trust it either. BUT by doing so, you would be trusting it, which is what it tells you not to do.

SickSicko likes this.
  9. I'M DC

I'M DC Fapstronaut

In this case your advice is real truth bro.I experienced this on social media few days ago. I found a massive comment on a post about someone giving political advices to the government. It actually looks like logical massive expression given by scholar. When I read it I understood that many theories and facts he expressed were created in his own fantasy world. Then I searched about who is this guy and found out HE IS 14 YEAR OLD KID who was surfing on internet to finish his monthly home data package and commenting on every fu*ing thing he see.Some people took his advices and comments serious and replied. Schools are still closed in some areas and this is the result of that. *_*

Red Riot likes this.
  10. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

That’s the thing about Internet advice: it’s quite anonymous. Something you read could’ve been posted by anyone on a huge spectrum, from Queen Elizabeth II or Jesus Christ Himself, to reincarnated Hitler or some random Russian troll on a St. Petersburg troll farm. If you don’t know who they are, then why blindly follow their advice? Even when you know who they are, that doesn’t mean their advice can apply to every facet of your life. Advice can be great, but it’s even greater to use intuition and logic.

I'M DC and Skyroㅤ like this.
  11. Skyroㅤ

Skyroㅤ Fapstronaut

This thread gets more and more relevant since the thread "Men: please dont lose your virginity" exists on this site

Atticus likes this.