1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Keep your guard up always.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by _Prof_X, Sep 25, 2015.

1. _Prof_X

_Prof_X Fapstronaut

Im 230 days into my year of no PMO and I seem to be hitting a wall now. Things were going very good for a long while then all of a sudden I'm struggling to hold out. The funny thing is that it's not the P thats the problem. I dont remeber letting my guard down, but I must have at some point. I'm still trying to identify the exact cause but I just wanted to use this experience to ecourage anyone that reads this to be wary of the good times. It's when we think we're in the clear that our old struggles like to spring traps on us to pull us back down. Remember to check yourself, even in the good times, for weak points in your guard. Maybe you're listening to more suggestive music, or letting your mind wonder when you see a good looking woman or man. Continue to make those efforts that made you successful against your struggles in the first place. When you've made it far into your commitments, it can be easy to become lazy and cut corners. I could easily decide to let myself slide on the MO since I've done a good job with the P but I wont. I made this commitment to myself and I'll see it through. I hope all of you that have made similar commitments will hold onto your determination. Good luck and much love to y'all.

2. Jmak290

Jmak290 Guest

Awesome post thanks.

I'm reaching 54 days in the morning. Awhile back I made out a relapse letter. Voice txt into the phone app and it didn't save, can't find it.

I need to get back to that mindset where I can sit down and REALLY write myself a letter encouraging myself to hang in there it's worth it.

Your post is great. Very encouraging. Even at my current goal, a letter to myself would be just as encouraging. Let me read your post again.

Thanks again, my friend.

_Prof_X and Calm like this.
  3. Tmza

Tmza New Fapstronaut

Thanks for the encouragement, I'm on day one of my journey and will be sure to remember that as I get deeper into it

_Prof_X and Calm like this.
  4. Calm

Calm Fapstronaut

Awesome post @_Prof_X, thanks for the insight from up there!

_Prof_X likes this.