Keeping a bald head

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by MaybeTomorrow, Aug 9, 2020.

1. MaybeTomorrow

MaybeTomorrow New Fapstronaut

I'm 23 and have a deep horseshoe hairline, I'm also thinning noticeably on the back of my head. It was kind of impulsive but 3 months ago I shaved it completely. I figured it was best to bite the bullet and get used to being bald then spending the next 30 years slowly losing it. It's like quitting before getting fired :p

I've gotten pretty used to the look now and actually like it. I've got one of those round-ass Karl Pilkington heads so that worked out. It's not "No effort" to keep however, since I grow my hair pretty quickly.

After cutting myself shaving time and time again I began to wonder if there were any tips and tricks to safely promote hair loss. There's no end to resources on supposed hair loss prevention and hair growth on the internet but I have found little to nothing on how to keep a bald head bald naturally. I'm of course talking about methods that aren't at the expense of my health.

Any tips and tricks? Do you think I should just git gud at shaving?

2. Musicmad

Musicmad Fapstronaut

I'm no expert but definitely git gud, and the usual tips as well - moisturise well (apparently bald dandruff is a thing?!?) and Wear sun protection if going out. You can also get specially made razors for shaving your head that slip over you fingers, which might help reduce any nicks?
    Fair play to you for just biting the bullet, the phrase 'bald is better than balding' comes to mind.

Out of interest, how did you handle it going bald like that? Did you get good reactions from work/school/family/friends?

3. MaybeTomorrow

MaybeTomorrow New Fapstronaut

I've never heard of the finger razors! I'll look into it. No more scalding hot showers either since that's what causes the dandruff. I've gotten some compliments from coworkers and family. Looking at photos of me from a couple years ago helped me affirm I made the right choice.