Kyle Rittenhouse case

For discussion about modern politics, politicians, and political and social trends and policies

1. PatrickBasedman

PatrickBasedman Fapstronaut

This whole case has been pretty crazy from start to finish! Interested to hear what you guys think of all this!

2. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

I have no doubt that this thread is going to get removed.

I think justice was carried out today.

3. PatrickBasedman

Why would it be removed?

4. PatrickBasedman

Seems like opinions are pretty divided on this!

FirefromAbove likes this.
  5. FirefromAbove

Just a strange feeling :emoji_smile:

6. PatrickBasedman

:eek:

7. Candun

Candun Fapstronaut

Looking at it from a facts standpoint, I don't see how you could possibly say hes guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

8. FirefromAbove

They suffer from cognitive dissonance. That's the problem. They're so absorbed in their cult they can't see any reason.

This is a great victory.

jcl1990 likes this.
  9. Some of the media responses to this result are a bit nuts. Completely devoid of the reality of the situation. There are videos of what happened and it's obvious he done his best to get away from his attackers before defending himself. Do they expect that he should just lay down and die or something?

The way things are now, ideas and politics are attached to these situations whether they should fit or not. Then followers of these ideas/politics blindly support "their side" no matter what "their side" has done. Because a bunch of dudes said they were protesting a police shooting, that meant they could do anything they wanted, including attempted murder, and get blind support from a lot of people including the US president just because that's the in thing to protest right now.

10. PatrickBasedman

A lot of the media are blatantly lying about it too. Still seeing some outlets saying the people Kyle shot were black, but they weren't. Literally nothing to do with race. Then you get people trying to pull a "gotcha" by saying people would be against Kyle if he was black. This also isn't the case. Black or white, Mexican, Asian, damn he could be the secret leader of the Comanches for all I give a damn. I'm always going to support a kid defending themselves from violence. Every other argument made is irrelevant.

The Passenger likes this.
  11. NothingMoreNothingLess

NothingMoreNothingLess Fapstronaut

The fact that people are divided over this verdict just shows how divided the United States is, it is sickening. Nobody would have wanted to be in his situation, and if they were they would do the same exact thing to prevent their own death. Enjoy the "United" part for a few more years until everyone disbands.

The Passenger likes this.
  12. Don't forget that nbc was barred from the courtroom for stalking jurors.

13. FirefromAbove

It has nothing to do with race. You’re right.

If Kyle was xyz abc he wouldve still gotten a fair trial. The jury deliberated for 3 days was it? That shows how serious they took it.

I think I learned a valuable lesson. Don’t try to grab someone’s gun?

14. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Yes, a good point. The question is whether Kyle did anything illegal, not whether we agree with his stance or think it was sensible or reckless that he got himself involved in the first place. The last thing the US needs is show trials with a verdict more concerned about where it all might lead rather than the individual case in question.

TrueSaiyan2.0 and The Passenger like this.
  15. SirErnest

SirErnest Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I personally avoid going to marches that may become a riot, and I leave policing to the police.
    Thankfully we also can't have guns here in the UK.

TrueSaiyan2.0 likes this.
  16. christopherwang19999

christopherwang19999 New Fapstronaut

Even with many corrupt in the US, there are still many conscious judges and people.
    May God bless the greatest nation the USA.

TrueSaiyan2.0 and FirefromAbove like this.
  17. That lawyer's theory of hollow point bullets "exploding" and holding an AR in court with his finger on trigger all while pointing at jury ...oof, whack and funny at the same time

18. PatrickBasedman

The mainstream media at this point is an enemy to anyone with a working brain.

Rents77 likes this.
  19. PatrickBasedman

If this happened in the UK, Kyle would be dead, because he wouldn't have been able to defend himself from the pedophile trying to hurt him. That's why the second amendment exists.