Kyle Rittenhouse case

For discussion about modern politics, politicians, and political and social trends and policies

1. PatrickBasedman

PatrickBasedman Fapstronaut

That and him trying to claim playing Call of Duty had a part to play in it, and Kyle replying "videogames aren't real."

2. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

This case also shows how untaimed the media is.

They spent that whole summer gaslighting the public that the protests “were mostly peaceful” while in-front of a burning city or bringing on terrorists who would justify the violence all the while condemning and calling anyone disagreed racist.

Rittenhouse was declared guilty by them before he could even reach his day in court. The media provokes the violence in Kenosha not Kyle.

3. PatrickBasedman

Funny thing is, right about the same time as this case, there was a case about a black man who killed people in self defense, and he was also acquitted. No one is talking about that case though because it would ruin the narrative that this was about "white privilege" and not someone defending themselves from a crazy nonce.

4. FirefromAbove

Funny. I never even heard of this case.

One could conclude that both these cases show that the system works as intended.

Godbless those jurors who just as Kyle might have been, were fearing for their lives. Especially after those MSNBC thugs tried to stalk the jury bus.

5. OhWhenThe

OhWhenThe Fapstronaut

Kyle wouldn't be dead because Kyle wouldn't have turned up with a gun which incited the attacks in the first place.

6. FirefromAbove

The violence was already happening, my friend. o_O

7. PatrickBasedman

Carrying a gun is not a crime in the US. Attacking someone just because they are carrying one is a crime. Using a gun to shoot someone after they attack you for carrying one is not a crime. The people Kyle shot were 100% in the wrong in the eyes of the law. Not to mention one of them was a nonce.

FirefromAbove likes this.
  8. FirefromAbove

Inb4 someone claims that they thought Rittenhouse was an active shooter (which he wasn't). That still does not legally justify the attacks on Rittenhouse. A belief not justified by evidence (which there is plenty supporting Rittenhouse in those videos) is not an argument.

Also a bit curious how Grosskruetz was never charged with illegally possessing a firearm since his permit was expired.

9. OhWhenThe

OhWhenThe Fapstronaut

You said if this happened in the UK and I responded as to why this wouldn't happen in the UK.

As an aside, are you Americans aware that the entire world looks on in utter bemusement at how dumb your country is about guns?

10. FirefromAbove

1637362008358.jpg

11. OhWhenThe

OhWhenThe Fapstronaut

12. PatrickBasedman

I'm not an American lol.

13. FirefromAbove

Im actually South African too.

South Africans view guns the same way as Americans.

But I could honestly care less what Europeans think about the US. Hence why we're not a member of the EU.

14. PatrickBasedman

I do find it odd that these sorts of topics always descend into people trying to attack the US. Surely in this instance Kyle being able to defend himself from an assailant with a gun, and thus not dying or being injured, is preferable to the alternative? Violent crime doesn't only happen in America you guys lmao. At least he was able to fight back, which he wouldn't be able to do as easily in a European nation.

FirefromAbove likes this.
  15. FirefromAbove

I honestly worry about my EU friends in countries that are becoming more plagued by crime, because it seems the right to self-defense is non-existent and the courts do not protect the victim.

16. PatrickBasedman

I'm by no means an expert on any of the things we are discussing tbh, I just find it weird that it always seems to boil down to "Lol Americans and their dumb guns!!!"

American Kyle is alive and well and his assailants are in the ground.
    European Kyle is dead. But at least he has the moral high ground? I guess?

17. FirefromAbove

There are a lot of skewed things we do in America.

But at least we're allowed to be responsible for our personal safety! (Which the courts upheld yesterday)

18. Bman44

Bman44 Fapstronaut

The point is it wouldn’t have happened

19. PatrickBasedman

So you're saying people don't get attacked in the UK? Wow, what a utopia.

20. Bman44

Bman44 Fapstronaut

Obviously I’m not saying that