1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

La paz interior.. Jacques Phillipe

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Hola @ Señor Eko
    Creo q significa dejar todo en sus manos y no preocuparse ..
    Hacer las cosas o tomar decisiones pero confiando siempre en su providencia. Qué el siempre quiere lo mejore para nosotros .. entregar todo nuestro dia a dia al Señor ..
    Pedir q nos guie en nuestras decisiones ..
    Para ti que es el abandono?

2. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

Keli,
    I needed your clarification of what "el abandono" means in the context of this excerpt ( ''It is not natural to be abandoned, it is a grace to be asked of God. He will give it to us if we keep on praying.'')
    because the automatic google translation for 'el abandono' is' abandonment'-
    action or fact of abandoning or being abandoned.
    "she had a feeling of total abandonment and loneliness"
    The English translation was therefore misleading, giving an understanding of the term similar to: disregard, rejection, which does not fit here.
    In the sense you gave:
    "leaving everything in God's hands, not worrying, always trusting in His providence, that He always wants the best for us, to give our whole day to the Lord"
    Yes, such a style of everyday life cannot be achieved by human efforts, such as: reading, contemplating, reaching conclusions, decisions of will, setting goals and striving to achieve them, etc. worries - and 90% or more of them are completely unnecessary, the only way is to try to become a saint. The more saint you are, the less worry and anxiety you have, depressive thoughts and emotions, etc. and the more freedom, joy, energy, etc. (and in the long run - being much less prone to pmo because we use pmo as our harmful compensation for unhappiness or our false harmful purpose in life - looking for anything that gives us any possible happiness, comfort
    ..) - all this is God's grace.
    It is not natural, because according to human nature and the natural way of thinking, we are afraid and worried about thousands of things: money, home, health, how can we be happy, who can give us this happiness ... we don't trust that God exists or we do not think about God and His power to give us everything necessary for a happy life or we want to achieve everything we want to be happy, trusting only ourselves and our efforts (excluding even God and His potential help).

That is why every saint was a happy man (except for the so-called "dark night" periods and perhaps when they were tortured and killed as martyrs). There is no other way to be happy. either holy and happy, or unhappy sinner, or troubled unbeliever.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  3. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Si .. tienes razón @Mr Eko .
    Creo q es una gracia q debemos pedir y esperar de Dios
    Ojalá me de algun dia esa gracia de vivir plenamente confiada en su amor.. y aceptar siempre su voluntad

zero0 likes this.
  4. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

I think it is a gradual process - today I can have 30% trust and acceptance of God's will, but if I pray in faith, after some time I can have 31% and…. so on.

Keli likes this.
  5. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Si.
    Es necesario mucha paciencia y constancia en la oración ..
    Sabes? Me cuesta mucho el estar totalmente en silencio en presencia de Dios para escucharlo ..
    Siempre vienen ruidos o pensamientos.
    Pero lo estoy intentando poco a poco frente al Santísimo ..
    Alguna sugerencia?

6. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

Yes, complete silence is a special grace of God and only some saints receive it, and often these are just periods. I recommend reading the autobiographical book of Saint Mother Teresa. She describes her prayer, and her prayer was often very difficult - "dark night." Every prayer is a fight with our selfishness, absent-mindedness, etc. Therefore, we should continue to pray despite all distractions and ignore them, ignoring them and choosing a conscious contact with God. In my case, every prayer is a fight with myself, with my distracting thoughts, emotions, memory, future plans, etc. - prayer is a fight - what kind of thought, your plan, immersion in painful emotions, etc. or God? We have this choice second by second and by choosing God, our prayer develops and we receive more peace, joy and freedom from God. It is quite possible that we will never achieve the complete silence, peace in prayer in this life, but choosing God is what counts, not our own thoughts and pain. Read chapter three of the Catechism - First of all, the "battle of prayer" in paragraphs 2725 to 2745

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    zero0 likes this.
  7. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Otro principio práctico es el siguiente: ¡si no soy capaz de hacer cosas grandes no me descorazono, porque hago las pequeñas! En ocasiones, incapaces de hacer cosas grandes, de realizar actos heroicos, desdeñamos las cosas pequeñas que están a nuestro alcance, y que, sin embargo, son extraordinariamente fecundas para el progreso espiritual y fuente de una gran alegría: «Siervo bueno y fiel; has sido fiel en lo poco, yo te confiaré lo mucho: entra en el gozo de tu Señor» (Mt 25, 21). Si el Señor nos encuentra fieles, perseverando en nuestros menudos esfuerzos por poner por obra lo que espera de nosotros, Él mismo intervendrá y nos colocará en un lugar más elevado. Consecuencia: no soy capaz de conservar la paz en circunstancias difíciles, pues bien, empezaré por conservarla en las situaciones más sencillas de todos los días; llevaré a cabo mis tareas cotidianas sin nervios y con serenidad, empeñándome en hacer bien cada cosa en el momento presente, sin preocuparme por la siguiente; hablaré con los que me rodean en un tono dulce y sosegado, y evitaré la precipitación en mis gestos, ¡

zero0 likes this.