1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Law Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Nick:3, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Nick:3

Nick:3 Fapstronaut

I ended up signing up to a gym for a year, thinking it was for a month, and now I want to back out; it's quite expensive. They are saying they will get their law team on me if I don't pay up. My friend and his friend who works in a law firm are saying they most likely won't pursue me, cos it's £1200 overall for the year, which isn't much to them especially compared to the law fees they'd have to pay, however since they're with a contract group called Harlands I think otherwise. Some say they will say they'll get their legal team on me as a scare tactic, and it's making me extremely nervous and anxious.

Do you guys think I should try and just not use it? Or do you think I should just suck it up and pay them and use that gym?

2. neverpolitcallycorrect

neverpolitcallycorrect Fapstronaut

Hmm i am not a lawyer it sounds like there a bunch of jerks, Ether they misrepresented the overall contract to you or you didnt read the contract terms correctly. In any event going to court is expensive try to talk to them maybe even try to have lawyer reach out to them to let you out of the contract without going to court