1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Lazy procrastinator lifts up his ass

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Asim Siddiqui, Sep 18, 2016.

Is masturbation an addiction more common among hardcore video gamers?

1. Hell yes!

2. No way!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Asim Siddiqui

Asim Siddiqui Fapstronaut

I'm 26 years old. I joined NoFap six months ago but I'm so lazy that I could not log into my computer and create my own thread until now. I have not read much around here yet as I have been struggling with other things in life. My engineering profession keeps me quite busy but I always find time to play video games and masturbate(lol).

I have recently started learning the piano, hoping that it is never late to get started. I have been trying to reboot but am always failing in a few days or weeks.

I will make it a point that I regularly post my experiences here for other people to read.

I love you guys, and I hope that we can inspire each other to improve our lives while we struggle together.

Attached Files:

2. Hi @Asim Siddiqui
    Playing too many video games is an addiction very much related to PMO. With both you are trying to hide some things of your life that bothers you or make you feel uncomfortable, stressed, etc.
    It is a big step if you can understand what is triggering your urges, because this will allow you to be awake and kill those urges as soon as they appear.

I recommend you to create your own "Emergency Toolbox" with readings that can be handy to read when you start feeling urges to screw up.
    I can share this post with you with my own Emergency Toolbox, it helped me a lot during the first few months, i had them in my cell and read them every time I started falling down:

https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.p...y-first-320-days-of-reboot.62938/#post-473978

I wrote some tips in this post that perhaps will help you too:

http://NoFap.com/forum/index.php?threads/tips-that-helped-me-to-start-my-reboot.46617/#post-330318
    You can watch some interesting videos which are also very helpful in this post:
    http://nofap.com/forum/index.php?th...t-help-me-a-lot-during-my-reboot.39774/page-2

I also suggest you to read "Breaking the Cycle" by George Collins, it is a must-read if you are serious about getting rid of this addiction.

Last but not least, I would strongly recommend you to take the NoFap Academy course if you can afford it. The course is great but the best value are the weekly video calls with @alexander (the creator of NoFap and NoFap Academy) and Mark Queppet, where you can chat with them in real life and listen to other guys's stories and problems too.

I hope that all this helps you to fight this shitty addiction.
    Let's keep on fighting

Fercho

3. Tnorth

Tnorth Fapstronaut

The most impoerant thing is, "it is never late to get started"!

(And man would I like to be 27 again!)

fercho29 likes this.