1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

LDS bishop protesting interviews of a sexual nature, could be kicked out

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by DogDaysOfLife, Sep 9, 2018.

1. DogDaysOfLife

DogDaysOfLife Fapstronaut

2. Wow. Not sure what to think. I'm surprised that these questions wouldn't be left for families to deal with or not deal with. I respect his courage to stand against the authorities that be, it's something Bishops and priests in my church could take a lesson from.

ivanhoe likes this.
  3. Good for him! Eventually people are going to get so fed up with these religious institutions and abandon them. You don't need to church to learn about God.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. I'm against shaming in general.

5. Saskia Simone

Saskia Simone Fapstronaut

I have followed this story for the last month or so - Sam will open the letter containing the decision on Sunday with media in attendance. It will be interesting. As a Catholic I have my own house to set in order, but this parallel drama is compelling and instructive.

DarkwingDuck and Trappist like this.
  6. Saskia Simone

Saskia Simone Fapstronaut

He has been excommunicated, the charges were for apostasy and attacking church leaders. It is very interesting, because scripture says, “always be prepared to make a defense of the faith that you hold”, but rather than do so (that is, explain why the interviews and policies have to be the way they are) this church has chosen to attack the messenger instead. I’m sad for everyone, especially those victims who told their stories and are dismissed with this action. Conversation is important. As a Catholic, at least I can speak without fear. I think he is going to appeal, he has 30 days to do so.