1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Learning a new Language Challenge Join now!!!

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Ignis Divinis, Jan 31, 2022.

1. Ignis Divinis

Ignis Divinis Fapstronaut

Well in this challenge you'll learn a new language, I'll be giving tips to learn a language, but you should do 10 minutes at least each day to be in the challenge, I'll be updating the challenge and do some modifications if are needed.
    [​IMG]

Basically we're mixing study with daily habit, so it should be easier to you ti learn the new language on your own without necesity to have a teacher, you and the internet will be your teacher, hope the best from you :emoji_muscle: :cool:

:emoji_bar_chart::emoji_bulb::emoji_ballot_box_with_check:

Join us and learn to be a polyglot tomorrow, you should do a report each week.

I'll add ranks today or tomorrow

List of Learners and next Polyglots:
    English: Carlosuke72
    German: Ignis Divinis, Engelman, Koli Pratham
    Spanish: Berserker Guts, Don80, FuriaPegazo, MIxolydian
    French: SofrikdrnNaidor
    Italian: Engelman

Dutch: KingWhalers
    Chinese: Engelman, Re-life2010
    Portuguese:
    Indian:
    Russian: Frosties, Sargiel, SofrikdrnNaidor
    Japanse: Kingofanew_world
    Arabic: Hewm, toke, Boyka challenge!!!

Latin: toziko
    Hmong: Do all to the glory of God
    ASL (American Sign Language): CassTeaElle

I'll add new languages as soon as are needed

Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
  2. hewm

hewm Fapstronaut

Cool stuff. How do I join?

3. Ignis Divinis

it's needed the message only I'll write down your name in the challenge :cool: and the language you'll learn

4. Ignis Divinis

5. hewm

hewm Fapstronaut

6. Already fluent in two of the languages listed, and have essential conversational ability in a third. Fluent in two additional languages which you have not listed, but I would like to join the challenge with a new language for me that I have been wanting to learn for awhile: Hmong.

Ten minutes a day....this is a great challenge, and I'm glad for the encouragement. I may not be able to post back here every day, and if I miss a day, I might do double time the next to compensate and keep the average, but with these caveats, I'm in.

engelman and Ignis Divinis like this.
  7. Ignis Divinis

I've added the arabic, I hope the best from you bro, I know you can do it :emoji_muscle:
    Amazing bro, you can do it bro, you're in an great level, yeah the challenge it's to learn languages, I want a new language on me as well, this challenge it's to use our potential to be great human beings, btw would you like to give me the names of those two languages, or the language you're learning to add your name with the language?

greetings

8. Ignis Divinis

Ok bro, then I'll add German and the others, Don't stop, but remember this, after studying one language you should give it an space to don't confuse your brain, if you study for example German and then Italian you could combine some grammar rules, btw if you know Spanish your Italian will be better, I heard about that what do you think

9. They're Asian languages. Since one of them is rarer among non-natives (second-language learners), I feel it might compromise my anonymity to provide more than this here.

YouTube is great for learning languages. I've already put in about 40 minutes of study on Hmong since I signed on. Yay! So, Day 1, check.

TALLY
    Day 1 - 40 minutes
    Day 2 - 40 minutes
    Day 3 - 60 minutes
    Day 4 - 15 minutes (busy day today)
    Day 5 - 10 minutes (busy weekend)
    Day 6 - 30 minutes
    Day 7 - 15 minutes
    Day 8 - 90 minutes
    Day 9 - 30 minutes
    Day 10 - 60 minutes
    Day 11 - 120 minutes
    Day 12 - 10 minutes
    Day 13 - 40 minutes
    Day 14 - 180 minutes
    Day 15 - 30 minutes (so far)

I'm not sure it's productive to continue updating my study times, but I am consistently studying, and going well beyond the 10-minute challenge. I am trying very much to be able to speak at least some basic sentences, beyond mere greetings, and with proper pronunciation/intonation--by Day 30 of this challenge.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
    Ignis Divinis likes this.
  10. Ignis Divinis

Ok bro, then I'll put you on another language section, don't worry, I understand

11. Ignis Divinis

12. Ignis Divinis

13. Back to basics. Latin.
    Romanus eunt domus :D. But seriously. Latin with duo .. 10 min ✅

14. Hmong seems more easy then Japanese or Chinese. I've had a few really close Hmong friends and they taught me a bit. To this day I always admired the beautiful Woman, but the culture is very strict.

15. I'm in for this challenge.

I will accept the challenge of Chinese.

16. Hello! I'm in for the challenge as well. I will take up Spanish :D
    Day 0 Let's begin!

17. Ignis Divinis

Amazing language, how many books were made in that language, you can do more than 10 minutes if you want, and that phrase sound too cool, it remember me a book.
    Welcome toziko, btw it sounds japanase. :emoji_muscle:

Amazing bro, I love things of that culture, books, etc, good choice and don't stop.
    Welcome Re-Life2010

it's a good language an amazing one, it have an amazing author: Octavio Paz, well I heard he won a nobel.
    the key bro it's you need to immerse yourself in the language, you can practice, see videos with subtitles on youtube, it have a lot of similarities with the english so it be easier to you.
    Welcome BerserkerGuts

Re-Life2010 likes this.
  18. Ignis Divinis

19. @Ignis Divinis will definitely check out that author you mentioned. I love Spanish and learning it would be very beneficial in the long run.