1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Learning a new Language Challenge Join now!!!

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Ignis Divinis, Jan 31, 2022.

1. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Spanish, morning pracice. I need to cling to something.

MindfulWarrior and Ūruz like this.
  2. Ūruz

Ūruz Fapstronaut

Day 8 done; nothing much, just some Duolingo for 15 to 20 min. I have Anki downloaded, gotta start taking those Duolingo words and adding them to flashcards.
    That's wonderful to hear, I'm happy you found another thing you love man, that's amazing. :)

Don80 and MindfulWarrior like this.
  3. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Spanish morning practice.
    @Ūruz if you do anki on your laptop, you can add images to faciliate memorization. I also add gapped sentences.

Ūruz likes this.
  4. Ūruz

Ūruz Fapstronaut

Day 9: some 10 minutes or so of Duolingo and watched an old Russian TV show for maybe 20 minutes or so, to practice listening.
    I need to start reading stuff, been too lazy about it, still haven't gotten to my novels...
    I like the idea of images—I am super visual person and it's my strongest form of memory by far, so that will probably help with retention/recall a lot—I will do that; thanks for the idea! :)

Don80 likes this.
  5. Ūruz

Ūruz Fapstronaut

Day 10: added Cyrillic alphabet letters to Anki and reviewed them. Also did some Duolingo.

Don80 likes this.
  6. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Spanish as always. I felt a little low and fought against this mood but I always spent some time doing duolingo and spanish dict. Today I needed to make up for that - I read a simplified Spanish story and watched some Learn English with TV series, apart from doing 90 reviews from anki, duolingo, memrise, spanish dict.

I'm getting better and better but I still understand less than 50 per cent of less of the content.

7. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Anki, memrise, duo, spanish dict, udemy - everything :) I understand more and more.

MindfulWarrior likes this.
  8. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

I've done my Spanish reviews for today.

9. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

My Spanish streak is strong.

10. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Spanish reviews done

11. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Morning practice - Spanish. I'm gonna do more in the afternoon.

12. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

morning Spanish practice

13. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

I slacked off a bit yesterday but I made up for it today.

14. 1month3425

1month3425 Fapstronaut

i've been learning french for 2 years if anyone wants to ask me questions or receive some documents to summarize things.

Don80 likes this.
  15. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Unfortunately, I'm learning Spanish. So how is your progress? Did you go to France to test it? Or do you watch or read material in French? I bet you do.

16. 1month3425

1month3425 Fapstronaut

it took me two years to understand french easily on podcasts and youtube.

i still struggle to make sentences in the french style with the metaphors and themes, but i'm working on adding more adverbs to my verbs and adding more adverbs to the beginning of the sentences.

the adjectives are mostly unknown or useless to me, as the adverbs, like the conjunctions, help me make longer sentences.

i'm also working on using multiple verbs to start sentences, to speak in a more figurative way.

Don80 likes this.
  17. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

2 years is a pretty good time. It shows your determination. Good luck and don't slack off ;)

18. 1month3425

1month3425 Fapstronaut

thanks for the question, its good to gather my thoughts.

Don80 likes this.
  19. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Anki, memrise, duolingo, spanish dict reviews + plus one lesson of udemy.
    Mucho gusto, amigo! :D

20. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Spanish morning practice