1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Legalize suicide?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Many consider that it is an inherent right of each person to decide the fate of their life. Although in some parts of the world it is already legalized, in other countries those who attempt to commit suicide are prosecuted, along with possible accomplices who help them.

This is not an endorsement of suicide if someone has suicidal thoughts, you should seek help immediately

The arguments of many have religious bases: life is a gift from God and only he can take life. On the other hand, those who are in favor of suicide consider that if for a person to be alive is an intolerable suffering, his right as a person is the end of his life.

Would this be the same as euthanasia?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2018
    pezzer likes this.
  2. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

Yeah Sychar!!! You and me, let's create campaign to legalize suicides and as soon as it will be legal, we will be prepared and we will be first to open business to provide execution services and profit heavily from them. We will be $$$filthy rich$$$ since people who dont want to live anymore dont need money any more.
    *sarcasm ends*

This (legalize suicides) is the dumbest idea I heard in a long time and that is coming from such godforsaken atheist as me.

People who commit suicide are usually mentally unwell and they are not even aware of it.
    Let's also legalize killling after flu or common cold because people are also unwell when they have it.

Low, Nikolai, rostronaut and 4 others like this.
  3. It's like legalizing abortion. I do not say that it is something that does not cause controversy, nor am I saying that it is for or against legalization. but stop to think. if people see his suicide as a way out. If it is legalized when it ceases to be something hidden, do not you think that it will decrease?

pezzer and u376 like this.
  4. and it's not very logical about diseases if I'm honest. It is the same as euthanasia. People get tired of living. how they tire of suffering

pezzer likes this.
  5. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Who cares if it’s illegal to kill yourself? They can’t do anything to you once you’ve done it.

6. I guess they've never thought about committing suicide.

7. Legal or illegal, it won't change anything.

8. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

It is very logical and I am speaking from experience.

I about 1-2 year ago I finally overcome my BDD, mental illness that has one of the highest suicide rates of all, about 25% people who have it tried to commit suicide during their life. I attended many BDD support groups, meeting other people with BDD and I talked there to at least 20 people who tried to commit suicide or were seriously planning it sometimes in their life.

And the truth is that if somebody was considering suicide in 99% she/he also suffered from severe depression. And most people who commits suicide are not even aware what depression is, that they have it and that it is temporary state. Depression can be successfully treated and once you do it, you dont have suicidal tendencies anymore, dont feel like like you want to do nothing, no energy, no motivation. It is just temporary state and you will get better exactly as when you have a flu. All 20+ people who I talked about their suicidal experience confirmed it and all of them (they were all in recovery) were happy that they did not succeeded or did not go through with it at the end.

So the only thing that can lower suicide rates is not legalization but actuallyawareness and support and there has been quite lot of resources spent towards it already.

9. People will try to make a buck off of ANYTHING

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. I am one of those who thinks two things. the first when you want to commit suicide, period. and second although the whole world is determined to show you the world if you do not find meaning in life nobody will give it to you.

pezzer, xeon1993 and rostronaut like this.
  11. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Some places, suicide is punishable by death.

12. Who gets the last laugh on that one?

13. I guess it should be legalized..if its god's right to give life, then why do he make someone suffer at its most and someone keep enjoying all the pleasures in life. If god can do this discrimination, then we should really not care about god. In the country i live, suicide has been legalized for those who are medically suffering, for e.g. Coma, last stage cancer...but why did you have such thoughts Sis? :eek:

rostronaut and Deleted Account like this.
  14. I don't know how making suicide legal would help at all, but I do think euthanasia should be granted to anybody that's in any severe mental/physical pain and they request it. Heck even people dying of cancer try to end their life by asking doctors and they're denied.

15. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

Unfortunately I saw that recent livestream suicide of that one kid from 4chan with a shotgun. smh

16. Nugget9

Nugget9 Fapstronaut

I think people should have the right to end their own life if they have a physical or mental problem that denies them quality of life. It should be based on at least 3 doctors all saying a person's quality of life is diminished by such disability. There are way to many people on Earth for it to be sustained, let people die at peace that have no quality of life like that person in a nursing home who is quadraplegic, cannot talk, can not eat and has to eat through a feeding tube, and this person wants to die but the doctors want to keep them alive so they can continue to bill the insurance companies tons of money, it is a sick concept that people get rich over people's suffering and the masses seem to think it's okay, what a sick society we live in. What do you think?

pezzer, Deleted Account and JustinX like this.
  17. As societies become more and more atheistic I would expect suicides to follow the current trend and increase. I don’t believe legalization will do anything to bring the number of suicides down, especially since legalized suicide will provide methods that will be less painful than common ones like; drug overdoses, hanging, self-inflicted gunshot wounds, drowning, jumping, etc.

18. But what does being an atheist have to do with suicide? People of faith or not, anybody is capable of doing such a thing.

19. Strength And Light

Strength And Light Fapstronaut

Congrats on taking your mental health seriously, getting help and putting in the work to get yourself better Justin. Kudos to you and great post!

Deleted Account and JustinX like this.