1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Legalize suicide?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Mar 22, 2018.

1. pezzer

pezzer Fapstronaut

soo a drug overdose would be painful, crudd, and here I thought it was the only painless way out): there really is no painless way unless you get euthanised then hm, but you can't do that either unless it's a 'good enough' reason as to why you'd want to die. Idk, I believe while people are depressed, something may have happened in their life to trigger this sadness and treatments for depression just feel like your ignoring the real issue and trying to come to terms with however your feeling or trying to deal with The cause of the depression in such a way you become accepting of it. But I don't think I could ever willingly forget and accept the causes of the thoughts in my head that would make me feel depressed. I suppose it's character building, my sadness is a part of me and I don't want to just live life with a pretend smile believing things to have changed when nothing really has at all. it's just soothing to talk to people and convey your own experiences with a similar crowd. It's all a load of bollocks if you ask me and if someone really feels like they want to die, no counselling or therapy can help that. they will experience something else in there life and all those feelings will come flooding back. As we grow we need to learn to deal with certain issues at hand otherwise our brain just becomes inept and child like and we're unable to tackle or resolve and face unfortunate circumstances that come our way. And if these circumstances can't be solved, they're permanent, and as a result of that you're living in misery, knowing there is nothing no one can do or say to change your mind. Then yes, I say, suicide, the taking of your own life is the only real freedom we are given in this life, the jurisdiction over ourselves can be the purest form of self love. Some may have a suicide experience and feel awakened and discover new meaning in life. But I feel as though this feeling fades too. Something happened in their life to make them feel suicidal and while they may have gotten over that once, you become more sensitive to yourself, more connected with your feelings and internalised. I just think it should be someone's right to decide whether they Want to take their own life, even on the grounds that they just simply don't want to be 'here' because life is boring. If after so long life doesn't get any better and you make a promise to yourself to commit suicide then i have no problem with that. Its a personal decision that one person decides to make because of how life has treated them and made them feel. and while I understand it affects others, the one who feels suicidal likely no longer cares about the physical or psychological involvement with pain but instead just wants to finally feel something, feel the relief that death might bring to them. Some people's lives can just go down very dark roads and while if its sad to know, if what happens to them takes them down a suicidal path then there isn't much that's going to stop that person from achieving a means of suicide

once that decision is made it cannot be reversed and that's just the end and all of it really, well, how I feel

xeon1993 likes this.
  2. Nosotros los suicidios vivimos gratis. Si siempre esperas la muerte, ¿qué miedo puede venir del hecho de que golpea a tu puerta? Comienzo a creer que existe el problema. Es tan anhelado que se esconde. Gracias
    @pezzy⚡️

pezzer likes this.
  3. iRebootMyself

iRebootMyself Fapstronaut

Either way, it is killing.

4. do not. You're not killing someone so it's not murder. you do not hurt anyone

pezzer likes this.
  5. The only other thing I will mention is that a lot of people call suicide selfish, and I can relate as to why they say that. While they may have been preparing for who knows how long to end their life, they don't realise or maybe even care how it will impact friends, family, coworkers, and everyone around them once they're gone.

My brother killed himself a long time ago and because he felt it was right to do so he fucked up my family, we got torn apart, and I haven't been the same since. He put us through such agony trying to find him and all the worrying I went through. What made it even worse is since he made up his mind about doing it he was at peace in his mind, so he treated me better and we actually got along really nice the month before which made it even worse.

While I loved him dearly I can't forgive him for what he did.

6. Wow, sorry for your loss and that you had to experience that, Sarah. I’ve apologized to my brothers for my attempt because I saw how much pain and sadness it caused them.

7. That's okay, it's nobody else's fault but his. I know I including his parents didn't list to him when he would make comments before, but if he truly reached out and said his full feelings maybe this would of been different. He was way more quiet than me and would hide his emotions even more so I never knew.

While obviously I would still rather have him alive right now, he changed the course and direction in my life to something better oddly enough, it has also made me hardened seeing him die to even consider contemplating suicide anymore.

While I have to live with my pain and who knows if it'll ever go away, I just know I couldn't leave my SO and dad like that, and I think unless somebody goes through something tragic like that they won't understand in that way.

The dreaded "note" on the table is something you never want to see in your lifetime.

8. Si soy sincero, no lo he visto desde ese momento. Lo siento, Sarah. Pensé que el dolor no era tan fuerte, en mi caso, mi familia sabe lo que quiero. No sé si al final las cosas cambian.

9. It's like when somebody gets murdered, it shocks as well as saddens family members, friends, and everyone around them. But suicide affects them on an even deeper level than that in a different way, it's emotional scarring as well as a feeling of betrayal, my brother was over 10 years ago and I still feel the pain and trauma he caused.

10. yes. The question floats because he did it. I'll ask myself that question every day, because I want to do it, maybe that will help me. thanks Sarah

11. They come and go but when my depression gets higher than usual I have dark thoughts, the difference is i dont act or engage in them. Just know if you ever do kill yourself that there's other people's lives you will undoubtedly mess up and end up traumatising, you may rationalise nobody will miss you or some other excuse except it's not true.

It takes a great deal of courage, strength, and effort to keep going when you're suicidal, and honestly suicide itself is the cowardly, quick, and easy solution when there's so much more to life than yourself.

12. the word coward is good for this. I also recognize that he is selfish, I suppose that if you have ever thought about it, you know how difficult it is to deal with existing.

13. Thank you for sharing all of that, @Sarah Walker. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. :(

14. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

I dont think committing suicide is an act of cowardice. I think it's the people who drive others to suicide are cowards. Bullies(in school and office) are such people who enjoy picking on others.

I'm not saying it's the world's moral responsibility to give us what we want. I've been through depression. I think most of it has gone. When I felt suicidal, I called up a friend. It took a lot of courage to admit I'm suicidal and I'm depressed.

Calling it an act of cowardice only adds stigma to depression.

tweeby, pezzer and Deleted Account like this.
  15. oh Bullying is such a terrible thing. It is a great trigger for truth.

16. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

I saw a crime tv show where a man was blackmailing and raping a woman. The woman committed suicide and the host of the show said the woman showed cowardice by commiting suicide and she should've gone to the cops.
    I think instead of blaming the woman and discussing what she shouldve done, the host should've discussed the man's actions. The man who blackmailed the woman.

Deleted Account likes this.
  17. xeon1993

xeon1993 Fapstronaut

You hurt A LOT anyone!!!

For many as I have heard (including me) suicide is not concidered as an option only because of others around and visualized picture of them suffering afterwards. A bit of offtopic, though.

Deleted Account likes this.
  18. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Thank you for sharing that Sarah Walker, very honest and heart felt testimony.

JustinX and Deleted Account like this.
  19. To be very clear, nobody said that admitting you have suicidal thoughts, or having depression, is cowardly. Of course not! That's absolutely courageous! In some cases, choosing suicide over choosing to tell someone how you feel and seek help, would be easier. It is a more cowardly choice than having the strength and courage to do what you've done.

20. I had a friend of the family commit suicide almost 17 years ago in a domestic dispute with his wifes famly that spun out of control, I can say it was one of the hardest funerals I have ever been to and it effected a lot of people deeply even to this day, everyone saying what a waste