1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Legalize suicide?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Mar 22, 2018.

1. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

Not sure which is cowardly choice. At times there aren't understanding people around, whom you can speak with. My friend's mom thinks suicide is for cowards whereas she herself blackmails her family with suicide threats all the time.

maybe the person didnt have anyone to speak with that led to him choosing the act. i am grateful to my friends who said 'call me whenever you feel low. or anything.'

but there were also friends who suggested 'move on'. i'm not saying it was their responsibility to help them. but i am glad i had the former set of friends as well.

pezzer and tweeby like this.
  2. I don't think recognizing that suicide can be very cowardly and is the easy way out means that I don't have any compassion for people who commit suicide. Obviously I feel sad for them and wish they had more help in their life or whatever they needed. But that doesn't change the fact that suicide is very often easier than sticking it out and being strong for those who love you and choosing to live. That doesn't mean people who commit suicide are bad people or that I look down on them, it's just a fact. If you suffer from severe depression, its often harder to choose to live, which makes it the stronger choice. That's not s judgement, it's just a statement.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. then the definition would be that we all suffer. what we want to jump, those who think about jumping and those who look like you jump.

pezzer likes this.
  4. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

Could be. I was slightly offended cause i was thinking being coward is a bad thing. But this discussion gave me insight that being coward isnt a bad thing always. thanks.

pezzer and Deleted Account like this.
  5. tweeby

tweeby Banned

My brother didn't die from suicide but he died nonetheless, I have something I'd like to share with anyone reading this post, perhaps they might get something from it, perhaps they won't. I know a lot of you here are in situations where you have your back up against the wall. You've experienced terrible situations that you didn't ask for, or you believe 'Heaven will be different' although the last line of the Lord's prayer states 'on earth as it is in heaven.' That's a puzzler isn't it? I just hope you don't give up on yourselves because your life is important to me!

When I was a little bit younger my older brother and I would go to the beach together to 'hang out.' This was back in the day when my family lived by the coast. This beach was situated on the curve of the bay, quite something else... It would take your breath away. Amongst the ravines there was a small winding path leading up to a cliff face which overlooked the ocean below. One day my brother took me up there, I still remember it now, it was dusk time and the sun was just about to set. Near the edge of the cliff was a small peninsula that hung over the cliffs. It was quite a narrow path with shrubs growing either side.

My brother told me to edge out over to the end... Like a fool I did. It was pretty scary, I mean it wasn't that wide. I could feel my heart thumping as the waves below crashed against the rock face. When I got to the end my brother screamed out to me.

'Bro how you feeling? Do you feel more alive than ever knowing what lies beneath you?'

I screamed 'yes' but it was more out of fear.

Then he said...' Good, feel the warm blood in your body, now feel it drain out of you... feel the desolate isolation you're left with... Because one day this is all your going to know. One day your heart will stop beating and you'll be dead. One day you're going to die. And everything you ever know will die with you, every fear, every anxiety, every joy, every love, everything.

Life could be over in any second. It could finish right right now. Do you want to feel the freedom, passion, life and love that sits at the core of you? Do you want to take control of your reality and make it a world that you want?

If you're waiting for the fear to go away before you take control you're dead anyway. Fear is always going to be there. but at least you're alive to feel the fear because there's alot of people who can't they're dead.

This is your chance to embrace life. This is all there is. In this moment, it either starts or it finishes. You decide because one day, you're going to die.'

We went home, I didn't say a word to my brother on the way back. I still miss him. RIP

pezzer and Deleted Account like this.
  6. I'm so sorry. QEPD

tweeby likes this.
  7. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

Sorry to hear about your brother.

Deleted Account and tweeby like this.
  8. Well I mean, being a coward isn't a great thing. It's not an ideal thing. It's more ideal to be strong than it is to be a coward. But we are humans, not perfectly ideal beings. Everybody is cowardly sometimes. Cowardice is an imperfection, and we can recognize it as such, but that doesn't mean we have to feel bad about ourselves for being cowards at times. We are only human.

9. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

I know I'm a coward. I cant confront people and I dont want to. I'm super skinny and my neighborhood is full of goons. I know my strenghts. i saw animal planet where a lion was confronted by hyenas and the lion ran away. that was wise.

if there is a storm outside, i wouldnt go and do grocery shopping and ignore the storm. that wouldnt be brave. at least not for me.

10. tweeby

tweeby Banned

^True sometimes in life there is real danger with taking action that we believe to be right and true to ourselves.

However, the greatest risk in life is to risk NOTHING at all.

11. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

Honestly there are no absolutes. At times its wise to not take risks. A doctor doesnt take risks when he or she is operating on someone. Taking risks looks good in quotations. This is only my opinion.

I think it is very very very very important to think a lot before any action. Be careful. Life is very very fragile and the consequences of some risks and irreversible.

12. everything will be fine. You will see how things change, life will smile on you. * end of the narrative * as if you could see the future, people should try a bit more to say things with meaning. They say that life is fine as if yours were. It's like giving bread to someone who dies of thirst.

pezzer likes this.
  13. tweeby

tweeby Banned

^Correct, if your life is in danger, or people are not there to support you. Would you rather live in pain without taking any risks or would you risk freedom even if it was for a short time?

pezzer likes this.
  14. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

I will try to find out what is obstructing my freedom and my pain and then heal it. When the leg hurts, we dont just go to any random doctor. we ask our friends around and do some research as to which doctor is good and then we go to a doctor.

15. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Sometimes people dying of thirst are given water, but that person still refuses to drink it ;)

16. I will not wear out with topics that are not understood by all or at least do not try to put it in perspective

tweeby likes this.
  17. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Only when one is almost ready to die of thirst do they drink the water, very true.

18. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

Then that person is addicted to depression.
    Stockholm syndrome is for real.
    Many people stay in depression or abusive relation cause it's addictive. A toxic childhood really messes up the brain for life.
    One gets addicted to depression cause it feels comfortable.
    i also understand it can be very very very frustrating for the other person who is trying to help a depressed person. which is why having more than one friends to vent to helped me.

19. tweeby

tweeby Banned

No they stay in depression because their EGO's do NOT let them escape their own misery. Does cancer exist without a host? Take away it's source of nutrition and it ceases to exist. Difficult to do I agree, but not impossible.

20. and one day simply: I'm not going to talk anymore, I'm not going to smile anymore, I'm not going to go to the street anymore, I'm not going to be home anymore; One day I will simply stop breathing. And while they are going to cry. I am going to smile, because at last I do not hurt anything anymore, I do not get in the way, I do not bother anymore, I do not feel, I do not pretend anymore. I will not be here anymore.