1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Legalize suicide?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Mar 22, 2018.

1. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

I wouldnt want to judge others or try to say a depressed person has ego or anything. it's very complicated for me at least. I dont have any cure for depression. all i can say is it's a horrible ailment.

2. tweeby

tweeby Banned

True, but why wait to smile when you are already dead. Why not smile now? Just a thought.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

Maybe someone is going through a tough situation. Crying is helpful as tears clean the soul. Getting over depression or living life in general is more complicated than faking happiness.

4. tweeby

tweeby Banned

I never said pretend to be happy, that would be rather unaware, accept what is happening, definitely, but find the courage and fortitude to find happiness? Happiness within yourselves. No?

5. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

Depends on circumstances. There is more to life than being happy. Self acceptance is more important and it takes a lot and lot and lot of time. One can also find the courage and ask for help.

If some friend is crying, at times it's helpful to sit with the person and listen or just sit with the person. Everything takes time. Maybe some people get over quickly. Maybe some don't. Maybe the person needs to sulk for some weeks before he moves to the next stage of finding happiness.

6. tweeby

tweeby Banned

I agree, everyone needs to take their time.

7. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

Honestly it can be very frustrating to try to help a depressed person. there are support groups to help.

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. Hey mates, no need to apologise for anything! While I will never fully get out of my depression one day due to things, I know I at least became stronger in some areas after he died.

Depression can very quickly and very easily give you suicidal thoughts and even feelings, the main thing is trying to deal with them before they spiral out of control. I still get those thoughts now and then but I at least know better than that now. In a way I suppose you could say he taught me to fight for life no matter what the struggle you're going through is, as mental illness certainly clouds judgement and paints everything dark.

There's many reasons I could do such a thing with the amount of stress and extreme circumstances I'm going through, but I choose to bear with it and refuse to give up so easily.

While that'll never recover it's at least in the past, and I know I won't make the sad and honestly foolish choice he did.

9. I try to at least inspire people and prevent that stuff from happening, even if nobody listens to me anyway.

While life can suck at the moment, it is what you make of it, there's always a way to improve your quality of life or in the long run feel better. Unfortunately addicts and people with a low tolerance to stress can certainly have a more difficult time, but everybody has the chance to be happy.