1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Letter of Warning

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by luskos, Jul 21, 2017.

1. luskos

luskos Fapstronaut

I see there a lot of concerned people writing to people with suicidal tendency.Be advised that these people tend to distort the information.One wrong sentence might be enough to tip the scale.Hard logic is not their drive, it's the impulse to stop the suffering."Seek professional, wish you the best and be well" is pretty good answer.Any theory that you can develop for them to feel better could do unrepairable harm.You might be perceived as just another bunch of people that does not understand the problem.Which probably is true, because the problem is not what they are talking and complaining about.Only trained professional that actually studied for this can find the real reason and cure for their condition.These people are not asking here for help.They search for someone to give them permission to do it and carry their burden when they are gone.This ain't me.I bet you have no desire to be this person either.

vxlccm, antycorpo, jest and 1 other person like this.
  2. This is very important to consider in some cases. Great post.
    They distort information because they are not in a clear thinking, rational state of mind of course. Suicide gives people an option, because they are in a very dark place where they think there is no other option.
    I have experience with people who have admitted to thinking suicide and they appreciated anyone talking to them, to hear what their pain is. Just to have someone listen Not someone to advise them, or educate them, to tell them to get over it, or to go on and do it, or to analyse there history. But simply just to really listen without interuptinG. Because how many of us can say that during the course of our life's that our message is really heard. And in the case of a suicidal person, this is very predominant.
    I agree that any retorted theory could give them the impression that their message isn't being heard, when in fact that is exactly what they want, to be heard. For their pain to be understood. So yes sensitivity towards what they need is vital. most of us aren't trained in manic condition therapy so I also agree to direct them towards some one who has such skill to help them. After all, your interaction could be the first step towards them seeking the pathway to life.
    BTW, if you ever encounter someone in person who is about to commit suicide, keep a respectable distance, because they may just take you with them.
    Again, stimulating post. Much appreciated.
    KOW

jest and Flyhigh like this.