1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Life is a chessboard, and your opponent is a grandmaster

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Witches33, Nov 22, 2022.

Are you letting your past mistakes hinder your present actions?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. Witches33

Witches33 Fapstronaut

Your past DOES NOT MATTER. The world does not care about your past. The world doesn't care how you got to where you are, it is where you are RIGHT NOW that matters.
    If you blunder in a chess game, the opponent, which is life itself, will take advantage of your weakness 99% of the time. You made a mistake. You relapsed. You failed a test. You procrastinated. You got into an accident. You can't take any of your moves back, and the clock is always ticking. The more time you WASTE on regretting the less time you will have to ACT.
    You need to forget about your past. ONLY look back when there are LESSONS to be learned. And even then, don't REGRET your failure, your mistake, OWN IT, and look at your current position, always ask yourself: "How can I improve my position? What moves will bring me one step ahead?"
    The more you feel sorry for your past, the more you will waste your present.
    PurposeOverPleasure