1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Life is really wearing me down, and maybe you can relate

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by VivaLaPunk, Apr 10, 2014.

1. VivaLaPunk

VivaLaPunk Fapstronaut

This will be a little long. I have so much on my mind that I need to get out.

Growing up, I've received neglect from my parents. My parents were big into sports and I never really got into them at a young age, so I feel like I was a real let down to them. They were always busy with my older sister or both my sisters' athletics. We've never had a personal connection. If they had anything to say to me, it was usually because I had done something wrong. I haven't had a personal connection with any of my family because they have always perceived me as different, or lesser. I always witnessed my parents and family fighting as well. This gave me a negative view on myself, trust issues, and just a negative attitude.

Lately, things have gotten incredibly sour. I quit my job because it was driving me mad and I hated being there. I'm jobless now. I confessed to my girlfriend that I cheated on her months ago, after our relationship had taken a huge down slide. Things got better between us, but I had to tell her. She broke up with me after that, I told her constantly how sorry I was and explained everything to the sharpest detail. It helped a little. She still loves me, but we're working things out in a "friend period." She told me not to do whatever I want but she wants to work things out as friends. I know she holds some resentment towards me though.

Basically, right now I'm lost. I don't know what to do. Where to go from here. I can't think straight. I have little motivation. Heavy anxiety. I'm just so stressed man, I want to feel better.

2. johnnnnni

johnnnnni Fapstronaut

take care of yourself first then take care of the problems around you. Gilrs come and go bro. Get another job, get better sleep, exercise. im sorry about your parents, but you dont need validation from them. I know what you mean about anxiety. Ive had that shit for years but remember you are not alone and it will pass like everything else. good luck

3. NoneForMeThanks

NoneForMeThanks Fapstronaut

Push through the pain brother,
    Don't act out of impulse. this pain will pass. Start going to the gym If you don't already. Start talking to people about your problems. Opening up to people will always help relieve the weight of any issue. If you must, go see a therapist. I've had my share of anxiety break downs, and I never hesitated to seek professional help. You shouldn't either if You think you need it. Maybe think about confronting your parents about this neglect, and start building a relationship. If you dont confront that problem head on it will haunt you forever. Stay strong brother.