Liking a girl who has a boyfriend

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Anti-ordinary, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Anti-ordinary

Anti-ordinary Fapstronaut

Hey guys I have realised that I like a particular girl. However I am not quite sure whether I really like her or I just seem to like her because I am lonely. She has a boyfriend and I'm pretty sure that their relationship is fine. However any time I see her I just wish I could be with her. Although this is probably best left alone, but I just wanted to see what you guys thought.

2. MONSTER MONK

MONSTER MONK Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Haha buddy not a good place to be. Is this girl a friend of yours or do you like her from far away?

3. Anti-ordinary

@MASTER MONK We are in the same school right now. We don't talk as much now. Maybe some small talk here and there, but before about a year and the year before we talked a bit more.

4. MONSTER MONK

MONSTER MONK Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Then it's easy. You shouldn't pursue is what I'd say. At best you'll become a friend but you'll still want to have something more, this will leave you broken. I would suggest you become a macho man with Nofap and then see the benefits yourself. Find someone who will care for you if you want to find some one. Dreaming about someone will not be good

5. Anti-ordinary

@MASTER MONK I agree with what you are saying. But its one of those things that are easier said than done. I see her in school everyday, always look at her, think about her. I do agree with becoming a macho man but I feel so lonely. And I can't just go for any girl I want because I am not interested in the other girls.

6. MONSTER MONK

MONSTER MONK Fapstronaut

My Journal
  7. MONSTER MONK

MONSTER MONK Fapstronaut

My Journal
    You'll learn the hard way then. Anyways good luck!
    Love is the way, infatuation is not :)

8. Young_G

Young_G Fapstronaut

Man, I had the biggest crush on a girl... And she was married. Couldn't help it, I was always thinking about her. It made me semi depressed. It was also an open secret. I didn't tell anybody but it was pretty clear. Worst part? She separated from her husband, only to go be with the biggest asshole ever. Luckily I started nofap around that time and now it's all fine. Just disappointed in girls and who they choose for. Doesn't give a lot of hope.

9. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Used to happen to me. Just keep staring at the floor and before you know it, she will be out of your sight.

10. I wouldn't recommend it. Maybe you make it known you like her and maybe it'll work out better in the future if she becomes single again.

Jim_pooley likes this.
  11. Roffelaar

Roffelaar Fapstronaut

You never know bud.

I interrupted a few relationships so far. Girls sometimes have a shitty relationship but do not want to be alone and they stay with their boyfriend.

I do not encourage to fuck up someones relationship, but I believe girls are strong enough to decide for themselves what they want. If they flirt with me aswell, I honestly do not give a fuck.

need4realchg, de severn and Marik757 like this.
  12. frogs2345

frogs2345 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I just had this happen to me. I liked a girl, and found out last night, off-hand, that she has a boyfriend. It sent me into a panic attack for some reason and I felt crushed. Oneitis sucks man. Let her be happy. If you really love her, and you were meant to be with her, she will be drawn to you naturally. Don't try to force love. Love is a choice.

13. Marik757

Marik757 Fapstronaut

Dont go putting all your eggs in one basket hoping that something will happen between the two.

Go seek out someone else in the meantime. Have options with who ever is single.

14. rob13_

rob13_ Fapstronaut

It's normal to feel this way; our primal minds don't follow morals or boundaries when it comes to attraction.

Whether you act on it or not is up to you. Do as you feel is best.

15. ssha6451

ssha6451 Fapstronaut

This.

16. de severn

de severn Moderator Assistant

Where were you guys when I needed someone?!

I’m pretty much married now but back when I was at my shittiest with a guy I hated, I WISHED someone would snag me. I don’t recommend sabotaging anyone’s happy relationship but it IS worth telling someone how you feel as long as you back off when they say so.

You don’t have to be a creep but a simple, “hey, I know you’re in a relationship but I feel a connection between us... forgive me if I’m wrong and I’ll never mention it again” won’t hurt.

Just remember: NO is NO. There is no iffyness or possibilities or loopholes—NO is NO.

Stating something like that is an opportunity to give yourself the validation and move on from your crush. Don’t be scared! And don’t be a persistent creep either!

A-Dogg and need4realchg like this.
  17. Boyfriend, LOL. Silly label for a semi serious half committed relationship which doesnt really mean anything. If you're gonna post about her you like her enough. If I was you I'd ask her out.

18. SuperiorMan95

SuperiorMan95 Fapstronaut

Sounds like u should read No Mr. Nice Guy. Maybe he wasn't an asshole but an alpha male! ;)

19. Drax_of_Burton

Drax_of_Burton Fapstronaut

I always remember, my dad said something to me when I was in my late teens or early twenties. He said "Son, just because a girl already has a boyfriend doesn't mean it's hopeless. Maybe she'll find she likes you better than him."

I think that's true. At the same time, if she's really seriously in love with the other guy, then don't get your hopes up too much. Just because she's in love with him now doesn't necessarily mean she always will be of course, but at the same time you can't spend forever waiting and hoping for something that might not happen.

I'd say, be friendly with her. Don't push too hard, but make sure she notices you and sees what you have to offer. At the same time, keep your eyes open for other opportunities as well. Don't be so fixated on this one girl, that you pass up chances with other girls.

rob13_ and That quiet guy like this.