1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Listen to the Crazy Idea I Have

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by BARLES CHARKLEY, May 31, 2021.

1. BARLES CHARKLEY

BARLES CHARKLEY Fapstronaut

I'm going to ask a girl out on LinkedIn LMAOO.

Before you tell me this is a horrible idea, I ALREADY KNOW THIS!

Here's the thing. I'm training myself to not care what people think about me. I'm really trying to develop the, "I Don't give a sh*t attitude." So I really can care less whether she says no or yes (although of course she'll say no). I read that a lot of stoic philosophers used to commit certain acts where they would look like morons in front of people so they train themselves not to care about the opinions of others. I've been doing this in all areas of my life as well.

I'm sick of caring what people think of me, I'm sick of being scared of what girls think of me. Who is anyone to judge me? Are they not sinners as well?

"He's such a creep, OMG he asked me out on LinkedIn."

I'm fully expecting her to say this, and I DONT CARE. I WANT THIS TO HAPPEN! This is how alpha males think and act ladies and gentleman. They can care less what people think or say about them. They're comfortable in their own skin and don't change for anyone. If anyone doesn't accept you for who YOU ARE, tell them to go TAKE A WALK!

Conclusion:

Nobody in this world is above you. Don't ever give anyone power over you. Don't be a people pleaser. The only one you should want to impress is GOD. Stop giving a damn what people think about you. This is the only way we can be free, enjoy life and live a good one.

Last edited: May 31, 2021
    Infidel.48, brassknucks and MeTP like this.
  2. that's such a dumb, stupid, idiotic and absolutely horrendous idea that it might actually work

BARLES CHARKLEY likes this.
  3. BARLES CHARKLEY

Im dead XDDDDDD

I'm 99.9% sure it won't work but if it does I'll let you know LOL

CarP likes this.
  4. Ekhangel

Ekhangel Fapstronaut

Please do.

5. Loco !

6. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

Outcome independent, right on.

7. Actually, to the extent it is a social network it probably makes about as much sense as any.

"Back in the day" it used to be a novel thing for someone to connect online, primarily chat rooms and not the kind of chat (content wise) we have now, but the idea is you're just going about your business and being yourself and people connect that way. Of course the overall process was way the hell slower, you may not even know what they look like for a really long time.

If anything, I'd think the timing of when is more of a deciding factor than where. I mean is this just a profile you found, or have you had some messages exchanged with her already?

8. ByTheRiver777

ByTheRiver777 Fapstronaut

Posting because I need to know what happens

9. BARLES CHARKLEY

Exactly my man! It doesn't matter whether a girl rejects you or not. What matters is the person you become when you put yourself in uncomfortable situations. You became a stronger person and unbreakable mentally and emotionally.

brassknucks likes this.
  10. BARLES CHARKLEY

Yea it's a profile I found and connected with yesterday but I haven't messaged her yet. I really can care less where it leads. I want to live a care free life free from caring about the opinions of others. Can you explain more about the timing issue? I don't get what you mean.

Last edited: May 31, 2021
  11. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

Maybe only the first time I asked a girl in a cold approach her number I felt a little nervous, just a little. After that it was actually pretty easy. It becomes even boring and not so exciting.

Just be relaxed, it's like talking to any other person. It's not a big deal.

Being friendly to anybody you encounter, talk to the cleaning guy, the guy or girl standing next to you in a line and cold approaching becomes easy. It's just an extension of your friendliness and you add some spicy to it.

12. Well some people may be put off if you just right off the bat ask her out, I haven't seen the profile so I have no sense of her personality or anything. But it could work if you exchange a few messages to have a rapport. The tricky thing with that situation is I think those messages not being real time. (technically even if you have someones number and text their phone it's not really two way real time) When you approach someone in person a LOT actually happens on the level of body language and so on, and even if you only account for the verbal messaging only you get direct real time feedback on the reaction, like laughing at a joke or something like that (not the same as typing LOL - it's actually spontaneous) - with messaging you are missing all that direct information. So in that case I think the timing can only be kind of ball park rather than the precision that is possible in a face to face encounter unfortunately.

Also where it leads or whether she says yes is one thing, but you getting better at communicating and expressing yourself is another. And I'm sure there would be something learned.

13. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

What? alpha males never do this stuff.. they just don't care and are about their life all the time. Woman are the ones going and doing crazy things like this to catch their attention.
    You are doing exactly the oposiste. Doing crazy things to get another chance to get ladies when you are not getting any. You say you don't care but you really sound desparate to catch woman attention and coming her to.. get more attetion or validation from people in the forum?
    Doing creppy things is only going to bring trouble and drama to your life, that's not what we wont..

Infidel.48 and becomingreat like this.
  14. Infidel.48

Infidel.48 Distinguished Fapstronaut

If your really want to do it , go do it in person , why do you wanna do it hiding behind a screen.