1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Living situation? With parents or on your own?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by AJ777, Dec 15, 2020.

1. AJ777

AJ777 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Just curious to see others ages and living situations - and seeking some kind of approval of the fact that I'm 25 and still live with my parents. (Albeit I do pay them a little for rent)
    I've searched for apartments in the past. Cost of living is somewhat-high in my area - if you can even find an apartment with available units, that is. I also am not currently making enough to support myself right now anyway.
    I would love nothing more than to move out though - i often get depressed and feel pathetic by the fact im still living at home.

What about you guys?

blacklabel92 likes this.
  2. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

Im 22 and i live with my parents, im ok with that im finnishing my uni studies so its normal i dont have money to live on my own

blacklabel92 and AJ777 like this.
  3. AJ777

AJ777 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I got 3 years on you. But yeah when you dont have the money there really isnt anything you can do. Ive been working (ive had multiple jobs) since I was 15 and still dont have the money or a steady income (currently part time job)

blacklabel92 likes this.
  4. ADMG

ADMG Fapstronaut

So long as you're not sitting around all day and doing nothing but play videogames, social media, etc. I think you're fine.
    Remember, it was the financial mistakes of their generation that has made it incredibly difficult for our generation to get started... cost of living is insane compared to where it was at when our parents' generation was coming of age. And (assuming you are from US) what's the national debt at right now, $25 trillion? I haven't checked it in a while... it's too depressing when I do. But our generation is F'd. If you're not from the US, I still assume that similar things have been going on in most developed countries in the world.

Knighthawk, blacklabel92 and AJ777 like this.
  5. AJ777

AJ777 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I am from the U.S., and the cost of living is pretty high no matter what state you're in.
    And I definitely don't sit around playing video games all day, (I do spend more time on social media than I want to)
    But my plan/goal is to become a published author and hopefully/eventually make a living doing that one day. I do a lot of reading and writing in my spare time - and I'm taking a creative writing course this winter semester

blacklabel92 likes this.
  6. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

For me to have a decent job that gives me financial stabilty i need to finish my uni graduations, working at part time can help but it isnt enough for making a living

Btw im planning at your age left my parents house , because this year i will finish my graduation(God help) and then i will have two years of master degree ,

7. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    im adult single male living in basement suite with my grandma we go half half on everything, im living on west coast canada an you pretty much need to be a millionaire to live on your own, where society has gotten you need a mate who also has a job, to get a a place of your own, my job title is head cook of the kitchen, an still i well need help with a place to live,long as if we keep internet/tv use to a minimum an be pmo free we are being adequate with our lifes

8. subway14

subway14 Fapstronaut

I'm living in a student apartment (me + another person), we have our own rooms but kitchen and bathroom are shared

but I'm at my parents atm for Xmas

9. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

28 livin alone.. Parents divorced and have their own spots.. Been this way since i was 20 ish years old.. Had roommates first.. Now im lucky to have my own space which is cool but gets lonely at times.. My middle sister is 35 and she still lives with my dad rent free so dnt feel bad.. I also have friends my age who are still living with their parents and wanting to move out just like you so dont feel like the odd man out.. Your parents need you rn during this pandemic so try and think in those terms..

Knighthawk and AJ777 like this.
  10. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

Seems like u and gam gam have a sweet setup! Right on bro bro!!

{Ananta} likes this.
  11. Don’t sweat it bud. I moved out of my parents’ house for the first time ever just a year ago at the age of 26. Thankfully I found a decent house I could afford and really love

AJ777 and blacklabel92 like this.
  12. So many people I’ve met have goals on par with yours. The problem is most...still live at home. Not only that, but their parents still help them out financially.

You’re at the age where it might be a good idea to get good at something and throw yourself into it. You don’t have to completely scrap the idea of being a writer, but maybe put it on the back burner? Many trades have entry-level positions and start you out between 15-20 bucks an hour. Find one and work your ass off for ten years. Then do whatever you want.

ADMG likes this.