1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Lockdown (Functional Fitness)

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Mike28, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Mike28

Mike28 Fapstronaut

Hey guys

I just wanted to create a way for people with similar interests to share their experiences.
    Unfortunately my area closed every gym last Sunday for 6 weeks. I want to get my heart rate going at home and wondered if you guys would like to share some of your workouts that you are doing.

I personally have a set of 15kg DBs, one 20kg DB, 16kg kettlebell, a 9kg ball, yoga mat, jump rope and resistance bands.

I plan on doing 5 body building workouts a day with 3-4 functional fitness/CrossFit style workouts added to that. I am used to this amount of work per week, no worries.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

GeeJ and palindromo like this.
  2. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

:O with all this material you can have a gym at home!
    I quitted with gym from years , now i only have some DB of about 17 kg.

I do 5 different workouts during the week and in daily basis i do Push ups. A push up work out is anyway needed.
    Feel free to join The Push-Up Daily Challenge if you'd like, results guaranteed. (even more than in the gym )

3. My routine varies greatly, only because I will get bored af going the same old. I am lucky to have one set of 35lb hex DBs (with fat grips) and a pull-up bar. I find 35s challenging enough for most exercises, but sadly too heavy for some lifts for me due to atrophy / wrist strain.

Typically, I warm up with light stretches or performing the motions of the workout with no weight.

Back and biceps: “deadlift”, stiff-leg deadlift, DB rows (bent over, with chair), standing curls, hammer curls, cross-body hammer curls, concentration curls, max out on pull ups and chin ups with various grips.

Chest and triceps: push-ups (all variations : regular, feet-up, pike, cross-body, clap, w/ DBs), standing fly. Sprinkle some calves and shoulder press.

Legs: DB squats (many variations), stiff-leg deadlift, squat to shoulder press, squat to shrug, lunges. Sprinkle in calves.

I work calves everyday because I want them to grow. I go for high rep rates of calf raises (toes pointing in, out, and straight), squat to calf raises with DBs, and calf raise to jumps. Typically, I’ll do a two 1-min circuits of each of these until fatigue.

Fuck abs.

Each day takes about an hour in total. I eat like a beast and hit one of these splits daily, resting as needed.

4. Urbancottage30

Urbancottage30 Fapstronaut

Tomorrow's calisthenics circuit:

60 bodyweight sumo squats
    20 2 pump burpees
    8-9 chin ups
    40 leg raises
    50 Jumping jacks.

Repeat circuit without any rest for 45 minutes. I am still a beginner in volume training and calisthenics. Emphasis on legs because I want to improve my jogging. After the circuits,40 minutes jogging,then stretching.