1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

loneliness before social media

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by ndaty, Dec 2, 2021.

1. ndaty

ndaty Fapstronaut

How do people deal with it?
    bcuz now whenever i feel lonely, i reach out to some virtual communities like here
    i don't feel like reaching to a friend and saying i feel lonely either.. i dunno who to turn too, i just miss chit chat

2. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

You do not need to tell your friends you are lonely, just hang with them so you are not alone

3. Julian Baker

Julian Baker Distinguished Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Loneliness is a symptom of not being content with who you are. It happens when we forget to really love who we are and the life we're living, or could be living. Having friends and having people to talk to is also important, but sometimes it's hard to confide in those close to us when we feel down and out, as we often don't want to burden them with our problems. We might even feel like they will judge us and push us away, and sometimes they do because they lack the capacity to cope with those problems. Just how some people are built, so it's important to not take it too personally, or at least try to remember not to take it too personally.

The only thing that ever worked wonders for me has been to go out there and live the life I want to live. Many times it's felt like an uphill struggle, but mostly it's been an amazing journey of self discovery and experience. The more you learn to live fully, the more healing your life naturally becomes. You'll learn to rely on yourself during those toughest of times whilst having friends and aquaintences for the lighter side of life, until of course, you finally meet people who you can open up to on a deeper level.

Best of luck with all your endeavours