1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Loneliness, chocolate and videos

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Fines3, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Fines3

Fines3 Fapstronaut

Hello, I'm having difficulties trying to avoid the feeling of loneliness. I have thought it is not fair. I have eaten chocolate for depression. Now I feel better. Because I have thoughts on masturbation to feel different I saw a video related to nofap. That is what I do when I have a temptation. I am steel alone but better and knowing the cause of my feeling. Thank you for being online.
    Fines

Deleted Account and S.Dewam like this.
  2. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

Feelings of loneliness come from disconnect, from comparing ourselves with others or from being disconnected from the self. Loneliness' source is in emotional pain that we experience from such disconnect and, unfortunately, the only way out is through experience the feeling itself. I wrote a while ago a post that I believe may help get the feeling under control:

https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/a-primer-on-dealing-with-negative-emotions.235876/

In addition to the exercise, I could recommend to go out into nature for long walks. Not necessarily thinking about something, but we live in a completely disconnected world which makes us feel lonely, abandoned and depressed. Quitting entirely social media will definitely help, because you won't be able to compare your worst to your friends' best; that is the lack of fairness.