1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Loneliness is killing me

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Libertadwess, May 28, 2016.

1. Libertadwess

Libertadwess Fapstronaut

Hi everyone
    Actually i'm new in this site, and i'm suffering from two bad things "PMO and Loneliness" and both of them are leading me to be unproductive, unconfident and lazy and i start to have anxiety which it stops from moving forward in my life and my career, i can't enjoy my time every time when i try, i don't really have friends which i can share my stories with or i can hang out with all the time,

I wish i can get help here and find a way to be better and to get out of my comfort zone which i really hate it.
    Anyone who wants to be a friend and share stories about traveling and photography and languages, i'm always ready,

And in the end i wish that everyone here will find his path of success and happiness
    :)

2. GmanUK

GmanUK Fapstronaut

Hey Libertadwess,

You're not alone.

Where have you traveled to or would like to go ?

I went to Nepal a few years ago and it changed my life massively. Such a huge contrast from what id been used to. Mind blowing. These days I tend to visit European countries more.

Keep the faith my friend

Libertadwess and vulture175 like this.
  3. Libertadwess

Libertadwess Fapstronaut

Hi there,

Thank you for your attention, i know that im not alone, recently i've been in the UK and i felt much more better, there are some changes after this trip and im willing to travel somewhere else after time, and Nepal is in my list.

Hope one day we meet somewhere in this beautiful world, thank you again for your message, and of course faith will never leave my heart.

4. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

you just gave amazing inspiration to travel

Libertadwess likes this.
  5. Libertadwess

Libertadwess Fapstronaut

Absolutely, and he inspired me

6. Jpr

Jpr Fapstronaut

Hey Libertadwess! Im sorta similar to your situation with not having really any friends and all. But anyways thats cool that you traveled to the u.k its one of my dreams to go and travel there. How was it what did you see were did you go, did you go to nandos restaurant, I hear it great. As for me Ive always love to travel more out of the U.S the only place outside of the U.S is Tijuana lol. Ive traveled alot but only in the states such as NYC, Washington D.C, Arizona, Oregon, San Fransisco, San Diego.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    Libertadwess and GmanUK like this.
  7. GmanUK

GmanUK Fapstronaut

Thanks guys. Something im realizing is that the best antidote to loneliness is to find someone or group of people who feel lonely/isolated and help them to feel connected. It immediately lifts my own feelings of disconnection and loneliness in my experience.

Jpr : I have always wanted to visit the United states. There are so many beautiful places in your country to visit.

Libertadwess: Where are you from originally ?

Deleted Account and Jpr like this.
  8. Jpr

Jpr Fapstronaut

Yeah thats true but at times it can be difficult even finding a person or group of people to relate to cause as for myself I dont really reach out to others probably because im afraid maybe of the rejection or just being judged. Im the type of person who can be really out going or just the really shy person who doesn't talk it depends if i click with that person or not.
    Plus you should go its so nice there are so many types of terrain so to you can be in a desert in an hr and be at the beach in another to the forest etc i love living here my next on my to do list is hawaii, Florida, and then puerto rico. Also what country do you come from?? p.s congrats on 74 days on not pmoing im on day 1 going on day 2 plus how did you put that bar up i dont know really how to do that thanks :D

Libertadwess likes this.
  9. Libertadwess

Libertadwess Fapstronaut

Hi mate,

Thank you for the answer, you look so kind, and friendly too.
    Well, during my staying in the UK i went to London, Bristol, Wales, Lake District, Edingbrugh, Ben Nevis... but mainly i was staying in Manchester, so it was really beautiful, but i've never been in Nandos, and my next destination will be either Iceland or Japan.

I love traveling whenever it's possible, and the advice that i want to give to anyone is travel and travel and travel.
    BTW im here whenever you wanna talk, feel free :) cheers

Jpr likes this.
  10. Libertadwess

Libertadwess Fapstronaut

I have the same reasons of not approaching people or not taking the first step, because i hate being rejected

Jpr likes this.
  11. Jpr

Jpr Fapstronaut

Yeah thats so cool ugh you so lucky on day though im going cause I love traveling, seeing new people and places it really awesome :D. Also I appreciate that I will hit you up if i need to talk or anything same goes for you to we got to stick together to overcome pmo and whatnot :D

Libertadwess likes this.
  12. Jpr

Jpr Fapstronaut

Yeah me too with me its tough time after time putting yourself out there trying to be nice and all and in the end being rejected its not fun. Im not sure if its the way i act maybe to overly open and friendly, im not sure tbh But when i am accepted its really fun, I just try to be as optimistic as I can.

13. Libertadwess

Libertadwess Fapstronaut

You can find my twitter in my profile in case you need, hope you'll get rid of your problems, keep in touch :D

Jpr likes this.
  14. Hi Libertawess! A late welcome but still... Welcome! I am also a new here and just seeing how many of us face the same challenge has comforted me. Reason being that this community shows we are not alone. Together we can motivate and encourage one another. Something that is generally hard to find in a crowded room!

I share in your experience of laziness, unproductivity and a general lack of confidence as a result of PMO. It took me very long to admit this.

But here we all are. Thousands admitting and willing to do something about our addiction! That's a positive! :)

So well done on taking a step in the right direction. I have only travelled in my country South Africa. But it will be interesting to hear about your travelling exploits! :)

15. Jpr

Jpr Fapstronaut

I dont really use my twitter all that much but i will do that thanks.

16. GentryBentonElevate

GentryBentonElevate New Fapstronaut

Dude, you're not alone but unlike you I enjoy being alone by myself because I find people, in general, can be annoying sometimes. I don't like crowded areas.

Like you I like to take photographs and videos of everything and edit it to one video. Just a hobby I picked up by watching VLOGS. I also skate and that's where the majority of the videos and photos I get.

Cheer up. It's nice to be alone, at least for me. :)

Libertadwess likes this.
  17. Going through the same thing here. I've spent two months shutting myself alone in my room playing video games, only heading outside to get food. To this day I feel uncomfortable being around other people and striking up a conversation with someone new feels tough for me.

The main thing I decided for myself, was just to adopt a "F*ck It" mentality and just dive headfirst into any new idea or situation. Consequences? Where I'm going we won't need consequences.

Seriously speaking though, I've decided to accept that there will be sad and lonely times along with the happy and fun times. No use moaning about it, it happens. And move on with my life. Helps me get by every day, sometimes it's tough but eh it could be worse.

Libertadwess likes this.
  18. Libertadwess

Libertadwess Fapstronaut

Heheheh, absolutely right, actually I'm not really suffering being alone, i still have friends and I find it very easy to make friends, but it's rare to find a friend who would understand your silent and quietness and also which you can get crazy with at all time while you are completely comfortable.

And im just like you i hate crowds, i hate running behind people, sometimes i enjoy being alone and sometimes i miss to have a very close friend.

In the end i see that we are similar and it will be 100% similar if you listen to Electronic dance music like "Trance,progressive, deep and a kind of chillstep"

Cheers

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  19. Libertadwess

Libertadwess Fapstronaut

You have to know that you will face bad days and happy days in your life and believe me, you won't be sad your entire life, just a few days and the happiness will help you to foger your sadness.

It's all in out hands if we decide either to be happy or remain sad, just see the positive in every dark side, and try to work harder in developing yourself because you deserve to be happy, and thats why you are in this life, the same for me and for every single person who suffers from any thing.

Deleted Account and Jpr like this.
  20. GmanUK

GmanUK Fapstronaut

If you click on my counter bar it will take you to a form where you can make one. I think you need a gmail account to set it up. Good luck