1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Loneliness

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Clintgr8, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Clintgr8

Clintgr8 Fapstronaut

I feel lonely. I have a lot of acquaintances who for one reason or the other I would love to know them better. I don't know, I think I'm an introvert because I don't really talk in the crowd or outside where I meet people but it's a whole different thing when I'm around close friends & family. I really want to change & be friendly. I can't continue to live like this cuz I hate it.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Kelvinjebbus

Kelvinjebbus New Fapstronaut

I am so lonely. When I crowd I also feel lonely, boring guy in school, no girl besties

Clintgr8 likes this.
  3. Clintgr8

Clintgr8 Fapstronaut

I understand the feeling. I've never really been in a relationship with a girl I mean I have but not on a deep emotional level.

4. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

Search for a hobby, a job, communities that has the same ideas about life as you do. This does mean stepping outside your comfort zone, but thats also the point where life gets interesting. Just try one new thing this week and reflect if your felt positive or negative about it. As example, i started beginning with running 3 times a week and that gave me new energy boost to try the second thing (getting a job).

LifeRunner and amaranth like this.
  5. Jaysmitha

Jaysmitha New Fapstronaut

Me too. Feels so bad, I live alone & other than my employee & occasionally my mom, I literally have no one to talk to. & its not that I haven’t been trying to socialize. I’ve tried countlessly! especially women but to no luck. I think I’m socially queer that people would rather socialize with others than with me. The worst part is it kills one’s morale in life completely. There’s almost nothing to live for, and every morning it’s a struggle to get out of bed. everything seems pointless but either way you gotta still live life. My suggestion is to get out of the house. Take a walk, visit the local park etc. These kinda stuff builds you inside & maybe, just maybe, might help with your socialization.

6. Jaysmitha

Jaysmitha New Fapstronaut

At least you’ve had something close to a relationship. My life’s just completely fucked up, no relationship ever! I mean I’ve had girls like me but I honestly didn’t the same, was no point being in a relationship with someone you feel nothing for. The ones I’d have had feelings for, just not interested. & I’m 27 so you can imagine

7. Clintgr8

Clintgr8 Fapstronaut

That's sad men. But keep trying, you will get a girl that likes you. All u need is Time.

8. LifeRunner

LifeRunner Fapstronaut

This is great advice that I try to follow as well. I have been running more and have had a lot more energy. I have found that training for a half marathon or a 10K gives me a lot of motivation to run. I have a fixed schedule, so there is no need for me to decide whether or not I need to run on a day. I just follow the schedule. A running schedule has helped to add some routine in my life.

Jaysmitha and ItsSeal like this.
  9. 12&6

12&6 Fapstronaut

Gentlemen, do not put yourself through hell because of the root cause here. You- we- are all born w/ the capability to be social and it is our right to be as open or shut as we want or can. If you want to thats fine yet the lonlieness requirs a first step. I have suffered depression most all of my life. At times it has become a companion almost. I was raised around women as a lot of my generation and have always been friends w/ many more than dude friends,to the point where its pissed off girlfriends. I now at an older stage prefer being alone,to me its natraul but it HAS affected relationships because you become wired to doing "your way" all the time. This is a different affect but secondary to not being social. Become social on a group level first. Join whatever that is positive and healthy. Think meetup or some fun association. Keep it unsexual lol. Dont even give yourself the ability to go there- so,for you gamers,no gaming groups. Sorry guys. Your brain will go to its wired state. Maybe an outside group,hiking,hobby...motorcycles whatever...try something totally new just for the f*** of it and force yourself into it. As you go along your confidence will grow. As you grow youll will be natraully social to your own extent. Even a thirsty,lonely man in the desert will talk(even if it is to himself at times) its a basic core of being human.
    At times I crave my ex,or any of them. To hold. To just touch. To laugh w/...to tell them I love them.We are human,its our condition. Its affected many for thousands of years. Talk to your spirit,dont be guided by it but listen to it. Get out,move around A LOT!! and get some sun. Dont drink...lol...Experience things. Shake the raft a bit!!! We all have our own weapons. Learn how to use them, " we shall not cease from exploration....." think of the beauty you will see,and then you will value possibly sharing this amazing experience w/ another. Stay gold brothers. Chin up...this storm shall pass.

LifeRunner likes this.
  10. DudeWithHope

DudeWithHope Fapstronaut

Try online dating. I traveled a lot for many years. Was always lonely and wanting to find someone. I never really dated till the age of 32, funny to say that because I only dated one woman and she came to be my wife. the first woman I ever dated, got engaged with and married. we met online. It is the best thing that has ever happened to me! Online dating is fun and it will allow you to meet and talk to some amazing people! But do consider some great and clean websites and not most of the crap and trash out there. Smaller, family owned websites are the best and I only ever needed one! :) Take care and God bless you friend!

12&6 likes this.
  11. Maybe you should go see a shrink, but you gotta face your fears man, go out and experience new stuff, meet new people, allow things to happen. Just do it.

12. 12&6

12&6 Fapstronaut

Shrinks are good but be careful there as well. I dont want to scare you but after some experience and knowing the backdrop make sure the following because like stated before here about websites...theres a lot of trash out there-
    1. Make sure its a male. Or just the opposite of your attraction.
    2. Make sure they have a Ph.d and have been practicing for over 10 years.
    3. No hour is worth over 150...and if your office is tres chic...beware of the ego.
    4. Most therapists get into the profession from personal history a bit. They have a narrative. An while thats good and helpful,it makes them bias. You WILL need to look for one like a good pair of running shoes or custom suit. An even then it gets $$....I honestly prefer journaling. Its more theraputic,cost effcient and more affective. Ive had therapists who were friends tell me that. Also Ive heard them themselves say the profession is saturated w/ predators and bad therapy. Its good to talk but just do your research. You wouldnt buy a car w/o looking or driving first right?

Jaysmitha likes this.
  13. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

Just start not giving a fuck, even act slightly like a douchebag and eventually you will land a girl. The sad, lonely, timid type guys are their own worst enemy. No girl is trying to give a lonely timid dude any pussy.

Jaysmitha and 12&6 like this.