1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Lonely Boy Joining The Lonely Hearts Club

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by स्वर्ग Ordinator Toshiro, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Well I'm actually a man at my age but still have some boy in me that needs to get whipped into manhood.

Just sayin hi. Loneliness was really irking me last night and this morning. Good to know I'm not alone in this suffering.

Today's world has separated us into such a disconnected life experience. One can find themselves in a situation where they are alone, and it sucks so much. What happened to tribal living? Overpopulation and technology has ironically isolated some of us.

Anyways, let's keep our heads up. Our very own tribe is out there waiting for us. Heads up and forge on friends.

2. What happened on past occasions of getting past 2 months clean (seems to be when I start getting full of mojo and super confident in my skin for some reason, feel great after a month clean though) is that I would sign up on POF and Tinder, desperate for female affection. I do not want to use those platforms ideally to meet a partner and only did so out of sheer desperation. I can't say I won't use them again in a couple months haha, unless I meet a woman or girl offline.

I found a dating site I can honestly say I'm not ashamed or embarrassed of using. Lol it just seems so shameful to tell people you met the person you're in a relationship with on a dating site or app for some reason.

Anyways check it out www.meetmindful.com/

I'm Buddhist so meeting a person who values mindfulness and respects my Buddhist beliefs and being vegan is a must. I will not abandon my values for any female.

3. AnotherWay

AnotherWay Fapstronaut

It's wonderful to hear someone say this. This is exactly how I feel. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, it means searching for longer. I'm a bit different in that I've given up on the search. It wasn't a conscious decision. It just crept in gradually in the years after my last rejection. I only realised, earlier this year, that I'd given up on searching for someone. These days I endure loneliness, partly in the realisation that I will spend the rest of my life alone. I don't see it as a choice, but simply a reality. I think that perhaps I was born, missing something fundamental that other men have. Do you believe in reincarnation? I am agnostic, but if it is reality, maybe next time around I'd have better luck?

As for online dating, who are we to judge? I've read of successful marriages that began as a result of it. It's a new platform for searching and connecting with someone aided by the technology of the 21st century. In the old days, I used to wonder to myself, "What is the likelihood that there is someone in my little part of the world, who would like me, and who I would like?" What are the chances of that, huh? How does that even work? That out of the vastness of this world, there is someone here who I could connect with on an intimate level. In my view, people who have found that person, have defeated some very crazy odds: the odds that two strangers would meet and, through getting to know each other, develop a mutual attraction that leads to a relationship that develops and grows into something. It's almost enough to lead a non-believer to believe in predestination.

Here is where online dating comes in. Please note that I've never tried it, but I think that the principles behind it are sound. It boosts the likelihood, the 1 in 7 billion chance, that you, and the person out there who will reciprocate your affection in the immense sea of individuals, can meet in a virtual space to converse and get to know each other. It helps you to transcend geography and those "crazy odds" that I mentioned, in order to connect with that person. Whereas before, you could spend a lifetime and never meet that person, now you can. If that person exists.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  4. Thanks for the thoughts! I was just thinking about this almost forgotten thread earlier today, coincidence that someone posted in it recently? Probably not :)

Merlionno and AnotherWay like this.