1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

long term relationships..should I be in love?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Freedom is a state of mind, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Hey!

So I these thoughts are on my mind for quite a long time now. I have a girlfriend and we are together since 2017 august. Not that long time, but not that short either compared to the relationships in the 21st century...

My gf is really a loving girl. I know she loves me with all her heart and she wouldn't cheat on me no matter what. I would describe our relationship quality as far above average. We really understand lots of things about each other, the communication is great.

But I do not feel in love anymore. Its just not the same since a year or so. I became this really rational human being. I do really respect her and I am trying to do my best in the relationship despite that I just miss that real passion (love) behind my motives. I always think about our relationship in a pretty rational way. For example I pretty much understand that I probably won't find another girl in life with the same qualities and personality. I know that she would be a really good mother and also a really good wife. Yet.. I don't feel that real love anymore which I felt earlier. When you really lose your head and just go after your feelings..

I am 23 years old, still a bit young to plan a family and everything, but I would like to have some people's opinion who are/were in long term relationships. Will it always be like this from now?

2. DeProfundis

DeProfundis Fapstronaut

After a while love cannot just be a feeling but it has to become a rational choice and commitment.

Why not start planning towards marriage?

Ghost79 likes this.