1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Long term student, performance anxiety ridden

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by TetsuoAkira, Feb 8, 2017.

1. TetsuoAkira

TetsuoAkira Fapstronaut

Hi all!

I'm inspired that a forum like this exists for people like myself.

I honestly believe that my troubles lie in the student life, when I was most sexually active and anxiety was prevelant with all my responsibilities in life that I just never got a grip on how to handle it.

I think that this stretched to my personal life and I rarely had satisfaction from sexual experiences due to the pressures of the world around me, being based upon performance, grades, and all of these things.

I plan to eradicate P from my life, but also progress down the path of exploration in meditation, yoga and calming of the mind to help myself develop.

I get morning wood often, and I know that during certain mental states in my day, where I wake up from a nap, that there is absolutely nothing wrong with my body. It's all in the moment with the partner.

I had a nearly three month period of NoFap no M or P or O a few years ago now, and my energy was at an all time high in many ways I can see the benefit of focus in my life.

As humans, we all have the ability to reach out full potential, but must first understand that our minds are wired differently.

Thanks!

Beopus likes this.
  2. Beopus

Beopus Fapstronaut

Ganbatte!

Desu desu desu

Ohaiyo~~~

neko neko neko

TetsuoAkira likes this.
  3. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and not judge you.

What are your current strategies for combating the enemy called PMO?

4. TetsuoAkira

TetsuoAkira Fapstronaut

Thanks!

Working out, which I've already began to integrate into my daily life, prior to recommencing studies is a great way to save my energy and give myself a vessel through which to use it.

I've found a correlation between PMO and exam stress, which can be combatted by better organisational skills from the start of the semester.

The more selective and assertive I can become about my day to day study/work/social balance, the more control I can have over my emotions and ultimately, my reliance on a quick release via PMO.

I want to continue to attempt meditation and Yoga, and may have found a partner for that.

Alongside all those things, I find myself constantly deleting the Facebook App, which delivers frustrating news to me, most of which is distracting and irrelevant.

I'm finding less of a reliance on social media, and only using the ones that allow me to communicate with specific people, for that reason.

Instagram is still a BIG temptation with all the pretty girls around, but I think I'd be weak to succumb via images on it.

I'm also seeking to better my conversation skills, as I've found that I perk up much more when in the presence of a strong mind rather than simply, a body.

5. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

TetsuoAkira likes this.