Looking at it all wrong!

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. Mts209

Mts209 Fapstronaut

I believe I have been looking at this all wrong. Everyday I felt as if I had to pickup my cross and battle for purity and chastity. As if I was looking into the mouth of the beast daily.

However, during prayer yesterday it was revealed to me, this is not only a battle nor a war against my flesh. Rather it is a joyful time to celebrate my purity and chastity as the gift it is from my Lord!

Yes, I must still remain vigilant, “Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” But I can and do this with a joyful heart.

it is a mind set, but for me a very important one. This morning when I awoke, instead of feeling another battle was ahead, I felt joyful and positive about the day.

“I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me.”
    “The Joy of the Lord is your strength.”

patmandu5555, CPilot and bertieboy like this.
  2. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Yes! With each day of chastity one more sinful pathway in your brain atrophies and ultimately dies. Each day of freedom from this sin is another day your old self remains dead and buried as the new man strides forward on the way to truth and light. The start of each day brings an opportunity to continue doing God's will, to build our trust in Him and to reinforce habits of prayerfulness. Excellent and inspirational observation! Thanks for sharing it.

patmandu5555 and Mts209 like this.