1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a movie to watch

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by ruso, Dec 4, 2020.

1. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

Looking for a blockbuster non religious movie with nothing that has to do with sex or love. Like Interstellar or Ad Astra. But it doesn’t have to be about space. Preferably from the 2000s forward. Anyone?

blacklabel92 likes this.
  2. WOODROW

WOODROW Fapstronaut

An idea! There was a movie I saw awhile ago...I forgot title about some young men in west virginia who loved exploring rockets. Look up Olga Mining Corp west Virginia..movie is very nice..industrious young guys circa 1952 who loved launching rockets in this mining town. From what I saw no cursing no PM ..rocketry was very new back in 1952.

3. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

If you find the actual name of the movie, let me know. I did a quick search in google and didn’t come up with anything. But this movie is a tad old, anything newer you recommend?

4. These aren't post 2000 films, but 'The Great Escape' and 'Escape from Alcatraz' are great films with no themes of sex in.

brilliantidiot and ruso like this.
  5. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

Warrior with tom hardy, Southpaw with Jake G.. Mad max with tom hardy. Creed with michael b jordan.. Some of my favs rn..

ruso likes this.
  6. Will 300 be cool for you?

blacklabel92 and ruso like this.
  7. Apocalypse Now
    Stalker by Tarkovsky
    No country for old men
    Hell or high water
    Prisoners
    Taxi Driver (some brief romance in this but nothing graphic)

8. You absolutly need to watch Donnie Darko if you liked Interstellar! Absolutly!

9. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

So much choice here! Good deal, appreciate all your recommendations. Will check them out. Starting with Taxi Driver.

I just saw Collateral Beauty with Will Smith, it kind of has to do with love but not in the romantic sense, and no nudity/sex whatever. Highly recommend!

@Enulv 300 is cool, but seen too many times lol. Have you seen Den of Thieves? Also with Gerald Butler.

@blacklabel92 Seen these, what a trip mad max was. Def gotta see that again, insane production. And I didn’t know Jake Gyllenhal and Michael B Jordan could portray the boxing life as well as they did, but they rocked it. Did you see Nightcrawler?

blacklabel92 likes this.
  10. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

The last samurai

Axesteel and blacklabel92 like this.
  11. embodiment of luck

embodiment of luck Fapstronaut

sci fi movies that I can recommend, some of them are low-budget but that is their advantage, because they rely on creativity.
    Coherence 2013
    Primer 2004
    Limitless 2011
    Pi 1998

ruso likes this.
  12. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

Classic. Except I would have wanted Keanu to act on it instead of Tom Cruise. But Keanu always has these short ass lines, that without massive action everywhere his acting is meh. Maybe Jet Lee, have you seen Hero?

blacklabel92 likes this.
  13. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

Think Tom Cruise performed decent as did the other actors. Keanu is great but he has a other vibe arround him what in my eyes dont match with the storyline. Cant remember if i saw Hero, but i believe i did.

ruso likes this.
  14. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

I think you're thinking of October Sky?

15. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

Saving private ryan

blacklabel92 likes this.
  16. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

What a trip mad max was indeed.. One of those movies u can watch again and again definitely.. And the visuals.. Phew.. Dnt get me started.. Especially when Nux and Max ride into that sandstorm chasing Furiousa's War Rig.. The tornado inside.. Like who knew such chaos could look so beautiful? Yeah Jake G and Michael B r top rated actors imo.. I have seen nightcrawler!! Jake G's manages to pull off that sickly creeper vibe without it being to egregious.. His eyes looked crazy bugged out in that film.. Like if i was walking into a 7-11 past midnight and i saw him in that SOB id walk my ass right out.. Ahaha.. Glad u liked the recs my man.. Oh! I forgot to also add Pulp Fiction.. Ving Rhames kills it, not alot of people mention him, only travolta and Sam jackson, "You hear me talkin to you hillbillyboy?!?" Ahaha..

17. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

First time i saw that film in school we all hated on Upham when he let his fellow soldier die.. We were all yelling at the screen calling him a pu**y..

brilliantidiot likes this.
  18. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

Classic.. Until ppl started ruining it for me calling it a "White Savior" film.. Hans Zimmers score on it was terrific of course.. That dude never misses..

19. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

Lord of the rings

ruso likes this.
  20. Haven't seen, no. Might as well take a look at it, idk.