1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a ripped workout coach! [If you got abs and muscles, DM]

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by llortaton, Apr 7, 2020.

1. llortaton

llortaton Fapstronaut

My Journal
    I'm 15 years old, trying to gain muscle and abs, etc, get a better physique, and burn some extra energy into exercising, instead of YOU KNOW WHAT. Anyways, you don't have to be extremely ripped, but I just want to speak with someone who knows how to build certain muscles of the body, and to work with someone who knows fitness, has experience, and knows what they're doing.

I'm having lots of trouble with Ab workouts, because, the form is just hard to keep, and I don't feel the burn in my abs...

2. MrBondUK

MrBondUK New Fapstronaut

Hey mate,

At your age (and with COVID-19 possibly being an issue in your area), I would suggest starting off with a bodyweight type training.

If you are currently stuck inside and don't have access to any equipment, you could do something like Jeff Cavaliere's 'perfect home workout' which he put out in response to COVID-19. Some of the exercises will likely be a bit alien to you but take your time and build up gradually. The benefit of following a guy like this is that he's very in tune with physiology and puts a lot of emphasis on preventing injuries - the last thing you want!

Once you get stronger and a bit older, I would recommend checking out Joe Defranco's Westside for Skinny B*****s (excuse the language) part III. I have had a lot of success with this program but it does require access to a gym so may not be possible for you right now.

What I will say is that I wish at your age I had a basic understanding of nutrition. This isn't to say that you should be dieting - far from it at your age! Rather a basic understanding of calories and macros (carbohydrates, fats and protein) will give you an idea of how to lose weight and gain muscle. It will also help you avoid bad advice, which is unfortunately very common. EXRX has a lot of information on this. Again though, at your age being healthy and fit is far more important than having big muscles. If you train to get stronger and follow a decent amount of sound nutritional science, you will see improvements!

One last thing, it's a good idea to think about doing mobility and stretching exercises - done right this will help you avoid injury. Youtube has lots of videos relating to these.

Edit: I just want to say one more thing after I reread your post. It's a lot (like a lot) more beneficial to follow a plan than doing random workouts. I really wish I knew that at your age. Consistency is definitely your friend when it comes to working out.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  3. In my experience, the guys who got "ripped" were the ones who did random stuff and did it long enough and only after they had many months under their belts they started looking up training programmes and such. Those who bothered to 'study' exercising and looked for the best possible routine before even stepping into the gym - such as myself - got bored and gave up with no noticeable results quickly after they finally started working out.

Go out and do a gazillion pushups and pullups. Then look for advice.

4. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

That may be true for many, but for those dedicated it is a wiser choice to study to avoid injury etc.

5. Lmao! Man do you even realise that being ripped doesn't mean a good coach! In fact at 15 you don't need to be ripped. Your body hasn't matured and if you mess with your hormones (being shredded to the bone fucks up your hormones, no matter if you are natural or using something.).

It's a disaster in making if you are going to be chasing super low body fat levels at your age.

Just maintain 10% and focus on strength in 6-12 rep range on basics like weighted dips, pull-ups, squats etc.

By the time you hit 20, you'd be so much better for it and can do whatever you like from that point onward.

brilliantidiot and Protagonist like this.