1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking Up Exes on FB and Social Media

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by cool guy, May 26, 2018.

1. cool guy

cool guy Fapstronaut

Question for you all. Do any of you ever look up an ex just to see if there's any updates with their life? This is by no means of getting back together, rather just to see if anything new of different has happened since you both parted ways.

I mean, it's been a few years since I have dated and a bit tempting to find out if any of previous SO have changed or not.

What are your thoughts and any suggestions?

2. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

If you continue to live in the past, you will never move forward.
    It doesn't matter if they are in a new place, that place does not include you... If it did, life would have found a way.
    You can't continue to feel bad or distract yourself with "what could have been" or "if you are missing out"
    it's not healthy.
    Be the best person you can be.
    Just live your life.
    Don't look for the past, look twoards
    your future.

3. primaljade

primaljade Fapstronaut

Hahah, I'll admit I've done it, and realized I've dodged a few bullets!

Lazarus Shuttlesworth likes this.
  4. seaguy44

seaguy44 Moderator Assistant

I have done it and like the other guy said, "I have dodged the bullet" and in other cases, damn she's doing much better than I am

5. immadothis

immadothis Fapstronaut

resist the temptation to do that man, it's just an up side road from their,

actually think what you're getting from that, a suggestion from this forum is, try to quit social media, it is toxic and raw and can mess up how you think,

sfmark12 likes this.
  6. Don't do it, its a waste of time just keep focus on the present.

I strongly agree with this, after letting go of social media on my phone(I use it on my pc but slowly trying to stop all use) I felt so relieved. I can relax on my own life without looking at people having a better one than mine.

immadothis likes this.
  7. Nope. I delete them. Unfriend them. Whatever pictures I have of them they either go into the trash or if it is on my computer they go to the recycling bin. Their email(s) and phone number(s) are gone. They are blocked. They become a distant memory. If I ever see them in person it would be friendly and cordial but cold and distant. It would be like talking about the weather. Like what Mr Wonderful from Shark Tank loves to say, “You are dead to me.”

Lazarus Shuttlesworth and Kenzi like this.