1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Lost most of my friends

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by wheybrodien, Jun 16, 2017.

1. wheybrodien

wheybrodien Fapstronaut

Whats up everyone, just wanna know if theres anyone else out there who lost most, if not all friends when they turned 20 haha. Im trying to push forward to create a better life even if it means going completely solo, anyone got any advice?

NoFap was a start now I gotta keep making changes

2. jest

jest Fapstronaut

I didn't really "lose" my friends, I didn't even have many to begin with. Personally I'm just selective and it's normal for people to go their own way once reaching adulthood. But from what I can tell, it's not that hard to make new friends, it's all about finding something you have in common with someone and starting a conversation, however if you rather go solo my advice to you is to surround yourself with positive people even if they're not with you physically, just go online and look for people that inspire you to work hard on your journey, watch some videos and read some articles by people who are positive and can teach you relevant things.

Oh yeah and the NoFap community itself is pretty damn friendly too!

FeelingDoomed and wheybrodien like this.
  3. wheybrodien

wheybrodien Fapstronaut

Thanks for the chime in brother, I feel like pushing myself to change for the better is essential to this nofap journey, well I thinks thats just like everyone else here. Im starting to think about solo backpacking through asia or just flipping life around completely.

jest likes this.
  4. jest

jest Fapstronaut

I agree, life isn't worth living if we don't take risks! Just don't take any too crazy ones and you'll be fine.

wheybrodien likes this.
  5. FindingAName

FindingAName Banned User

im leaving school in a week and leaving all my friends behind? does this count?

6. wheybrodien

wheybrodien Fapstronaut

Bit too early to say mate haha, I been out of school for 4 years

7. FindingAName

FindingAName Banned User

just because you are 20 doesn't mean you are an adult yet, everybody has a different mental state of mind and just because people hit 18 dont mean they are ready to handle the world, just like you are 20, doesnt mean you are an adult in your mind, sorry im just talking now

8. Monster Carrot

Monster Carrot Fapstronaut

9. Genji

Genji Guest

Well, have you tried reaching out to them? I "lost" my friends too for two years or so. Added them all on Facebook, now we're good again.