1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Love shyness

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by zx125, Jun 4, 2016.

1. zx125

zx125 Fapstronaut

Doe's anyone here think that they are love shy?,
    I have read articles about love shyness and I think it seems to match with the experiences I have had in my life. I have never had a relationship but I have always wanted to have one, and I feel as though I never learnt the 'rules' of dating or how to have a relationship.
    I have been like this for so long that I have sort of grown used to it, but if I think about it honestly I still have the desire to have a relationship, and I still hold out hope that one day I will be able to have one.
    I was just wondering if anyone else with this experience has successfully dealt with it and been able to change? Is it possible to change when you are like this? or do you just have to accept it?

Thanks

Lets_do_this likes this.
  2. Carousel

Carousel Fapstronaut

I think I'm slightly love-shy and I haven't been in a relationship, but I'm not just going to sit back and accept it! I think I've partially overcome this, by throwing myself into situations that force me to try some form of dating rules, and found that they're not as daunting as they might have seemed. However, I can't seem to do that with everyone, and I still feel a little uncomfortable in such environments! I guess it's one of those things that you learn with experience, but no one can help you unless you try :)