1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Lovesick

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Trebor9, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Trebor9

Trebor9 Guest

I feel kinda stupid to post this here, but I really feel like I need to vent this.

I have a big problem with limerence/lovesickness/oneitis, whatever you may call it. Long story short: I have a huge crush on a girl for quite a while. She was in a relationship first when I fell in love with her, so I kinda tried to ignore it. But after 6 months or so, she became single again. I took my chances and eventually asked her out. By that time she was not interested in a relationship, so it became a friendly date. I did not want to give up by then. Another 4 months later I asked her out again, this time things went really well and we ended up making out. Next day though, she told me that it did not "feel good enough". I was literally devestated. I lost weight, could not sleep and became depressed.

This was more than half a year ago. I could not let go of her, and I talk to her now and then, and even tried to (subtly) ask her out, to no avail. But I notice that she is not interested anymore.

OK, so you get rejected every now and then. It happens, it sucks, and you move on. My problem is, I can't. I've tried to forget her, find other girls I like, but I keep thinking about her, comparing others with her. I can say I am obsessed by her... I cannot let it go. And it makes me feel empty and broken. I get angry at myself for screwing it up, I get sad for not being with her, I get jealous on other guys who talk to her, my emotions go everywhere. I can be normal for some time, and then suddenly I remember that night, and my whole day is messed up.

I also think that I keep masturbating (while fantasizing about her) because of this. And it just makes me feel sick and weak. And I am unable to stop myself from doing it! I put up to everyone around me that I am doing fine, but deep down I am crumbling down.

Writing this down makes me feel so stupid. Why do I even bother about one girl so much? I know I can get other girls, but I keep thinking about this one. Again, I just want to vent this out, I feel I'm slowly going crazy. I know that all this "oneitis" talk and what you should do about it. But it is not going anywhere for me now, and I feel kinda hopeless. It keeps getting worse, and my friends are also worrying about me...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014
  2. Johnny5

Johnny5 Fapstronaut

Brother, it's not silly at all to post this as I'm sure many of us here can relate.

It is very easy to get hung up someone and become heartbroken too. It's happened many times to me and some of the lady's just aren't interested in me. Often, moving on is the only way to get out of a rut.

I am in no way a relationship expert but it may actually be worthwhile to date around with other people to reinforce the fact that there is no one person that you are destined for but that certain qualities that attracted you to this woman can be seen in many other people. Along with many other things, lifestyles, quirks of these other people, you may find that by getting to know some of them can help you get over her (especially when your dates return the feelings).

I'm still hung up on a girl at work but I had to cut the feelings and move in since it would never work. The result was a date with someone else which worked out for a little bit and allowed me to keep on moving forward.

I guess the main thing I'm worried about is that if you continue to get hung up on her, it may fuel the tendency to FAP as well.

Keep strong brother. It all gets better. Have faith that the dots of your life will connect eventually.

Johnny5

Powerof3 likes this.